United States & Gun Control discussion.

It's amazing that NJ has it own pipeline for NICS checks. I had to research that....NJ is a "point of contact" state that manages NICS checks. While Texas is not a “point of contact” state, which means the FBI runs background checks for prospective purchasers in the state. Here is a list of POC states:

California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Hawaii, Illinois, Nevada, New Jersey, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Utah, and Virginia.

https://www.fbi.gov/file-repository/nics-participation-map.pdf

I am surprised New York isn't on there.

Sorry RP, that sucks.

Why Governments Shouldn't Close Gun Stores During A Pandemic

The exact numbers will be available in early April, but all expect firearm sales figures to be eye-popping. The reasoning is easy to understand. Americans want to know they have access to guns when there are real concerns for personal safety. Authorities announced they would no longer jail nonviolent offenders, and some police departments are being forced to quarantine and temporarily reduce staff due to health concerns.

So the states are going their own way in the absence of a lead federally? The gun ownership to keep people safe in the absence of cops looks like distributes security from the civvie playbook. Good move.

Last edited:
Got this in my orders. WTF. NY won't issue out-of-state permits, and they don't recognize anyone else's permits, so there is literally no way I can get a NY handgun permit before I PCS. I'm going to live on-base, which I thought was a blanket exemption to most state laws since it's federal property.

So... what am I supposed to do with my guns?

1585156803421.png

Got this in my orders. WTF. NY won't issue out-of-state permits, and they don't recognize anyone else's permits, so there is literally no way I can get a NY handgun permit before I PCS. I'm going to live on-base, which I thought was a blanket exemption to most state laws since it's federal property.

View attachment 32744
Their answer is to take them, and make you serve as many years in prison as they can heap upon your head.

I’d suggest finding a family member and shipping them to that member before you PCS

View attachment 32744

Yeah, probably the worst part about being at Fort Drum. I hated it because I was in the same boat. Once there you can request the NY Pistol Permit, but it'll probably take 6-8 months, and the local officials can just decide to block it anyways leaving you high and dry and with less money on the wallet.

I thought I escaped that moving back to AZ, but the State House and Senate are barely red and we're probably going to flip another Senator from R to D because of the toxicity of the state GOP.

Yeah, probably the worst part about being at Fort Drum. I hated it because I was in the same boat. Once there you can request the NY Pistol Permit, but it'll probably take 6-8 months, and the local officials can just decide to block it anyways leaving you high and dry and with less money on the wallet.

I thought I escaped that moving back to AZ, but the State House and Senate are barely red and we're probably going to flip another Senator from R to D because of the toxicity of the state GOP.
Arizona is constitutional carry. You may carry open or concealed at any time. It ain't a bad place to be at all. McSally has greater competition from her own party than the Democrats. Sinema has not been the worst when you look at her voting.

View attachment 32744

I will gladly store them...after a 14-day quarantine of course.

If you'd like I can give you an address in FL that will keep them safe and sound until your paperwork's in order.

View attachment 32744

The answer NY expects from you on "what should I do with my guns" is... don't own them.

Fuck NY. With a now-well-used Kyber Pass pizza cutter.

View attachment 32744

If you need help let me know.

What the hell is going on in the US?

Police will no longer respond to assault reports, unless a suspect is still present or the victim requires medical attention, breaking and entering reports unless a suspect is still present, menacing reports "unless suspect is expected or threatens to return or is part of the elements of domestic violence" or theft reports "where there is no possibility of immediate apprehension."

Cincinnati police temporarily suspending in-person response to certain 911 calls

Sounds like our bullshit ROE in Afghanistan.

Back