United States & Gun Control discussion.

It's only banned if you allow it.

Example: to carry concealed, we have to have a permit. I carry concealed, but do I have a permit? It's no one's business. I do what I want. I sleep well at night.

But yeah, what your government and president (prime minister?) Has done is abhorrent.

In other news, Biden has come out against 9 mm pistols, saying they should be banned because of the devastating injuries they cause. Fine, I will carry 450 Casull or 50 S&W.

Gun control discussions are so filled with emotion and not fact that it is impossible to have that discussion with just about anyone. Just a few points though:
- Increased background checks are laughable given the state of the computer network. Expect to spend 2 billion+ and a decade to overhaul that antiquated monstrosity.
- Guns off the street? LOL, that will take a few generations for us to see any benefit.
- Where is mental health in the vaunted ACA, aka "Obama Care?" Yeah...
- The NRA needs to drop the whole video game argument. They look like clowns taking that path.
- I've spoken about the history behind the Second Amendment earlier in this thread.
- Speaking of, the American Revolution began, in part, because the British moved against a private armory which contained cannons. The whole "weapons of war/ assault rifle" argument is dead in the water without someone's emotion.
- Anyone advocating anything "for the children" is 100% full of shit. I don't want to hear it. Guns, drugs, abortion, safety, education...blah, blah, blah, "for the children" is the most bullshit reason in the history of bullshit reasons to taint the earth. "Save the children" or "for the children" doesn't matter, there is a political and/ or religious agenda behind those statements. "They are slaughtering our babies" means I'm ignoring your argument. Do better.

My issue with gun control always has been and will be that giving more power to the same programs that continue to fail us is a terrible idea. Here are at least 2 cases, with more out there but I'm not going to link every single known event.

Sutherland Springs Shooting. The Air Force failed to update the national database with the shooter's assault conviction. This would have prevented the shooter from attaining the weapons used in the attack.

Buffalo New York. There is an ongoing investigation whether a retired FBI agent knew of the shooting before it happened and didn't do anything to stop it/notify anyone of the upcoming attack.

Giving MORE oversight to these agencies that have failed in the past will never make sense to me. Do I think we need to change something? Yes. Am I smart enough to know what the answer it outside of better mental health care? No. But I will not be convinced that giving more power to the government is a good idea.

Sorry Canada but we got our own gun problems here in the USA.

Contact your congress people and senators they're gonna try to ban everything.
That's the problem. Idiots here have used major US events to justify the biggest grabs in recent years. We have a gang war problem and they have only reduced sentencing for gun related charges.

Back