United States & Gun Control discussion.

Doesn't matter. Those Americans that are swayed by emotions and media, controlled by politicians will always look to suckle the teet of big government in their lives.

Liberals, leftists believe, no guns are needed in a civilized society. The police will protect you, except, when they don't.

Don't get me wrong, I know many great cops that would abide by the constitution and protect our citizens, but, event after event, some cops display otherwise.

At this point, we, the people that actually give a fuck for our country, our families, our children just need to not abide by unconstitutional and illegitimate "laws" and let the ilk get fucked by state and federal government.

Yep, I said it. I stand by it, my stance will not change.

Imagine if feds or cops were allowed into your home without a warrant. Or, no trial by jury, speedy trial, or, you're unable to practice religion of your choice, speak your mind (wait, that's happening).

What if, Americans were as concerned about 2A being a civil right just like 1A, 5A and others.

To be honest, government won't take the guns. They'll peck and peck with illegitimate laws, small ones, followed by bigger, followed my additional events to solidify reasoning until a population bows.

Imagine if feds or cops were allowed into your home without a warrant. Or, no trial by jury, speedy trial, or, you're unable to practice religion of your choice, speak your mind (wait, that's happening).

What if, Americans were as concerned about 2A being a civil right just like 1A, 5A and others.

To be honest, government won't take the guns. They'll peck and peck with illegitimate laws, small ones, followed by bigger, followed my additional events to solidify reasoning until a population bows.

Considering that we (and I was among them) once thought the Patriot Act was the bees knees, where's our 4th Amendment now?

Lawmakers won't touch the Constitution, that's political suicide. They will instead legislate it into the ground and We the People will at times support the hell of it.

Considering that we (and I was among them) once thought the Patriot Act was the bees knees, where's our 4th Amendment now?

Lawmakers won't touch the Constitution, that's political suicide. They will instead legislate it into the ground and We the People will at times support the hell of it.

My point exactly.

I'm feeling a little sporty and don't know how to shut my mouth, so I want to expand on an earlier comment I made. Love or hate the guy, I think Joe Rogan put it best back in 2013:

"This country has a mental health problem disguised as a gun problem"

I'm 48. This shit wasn't a thing in the 80's/ early 90's when I went to school. During deer season half of the school had shotguns and rifles in their trucks. Fights weren't settled with guns or knives or bats or anything but one's fists.

We’ve Known How To Prevent A School Shooting for More Than 20 Years

“School shooters typically do this out of a profound adolescent crisis,” said James Garbarino, a professor of psychology at Loyola University Chicago who specializes in teen violence and began studying school shooters in the late 1990s.

The rest of the article discusses that point and those around school shootings, but the point remains...this is a mental health issue.

And if you think we don't, another little anecdote for everyone. This forum is well aware of the number of veteran suicides per day. What, you think they were distraught they couldn't buy Chik-Fil-A on a Sunday? No, we have a mental health crisis in the US. Crisis, and I say that without hyperbole. During the unspecificed virus of unknown origin global lockdown, expert after expert talked about the effects of the pandemic on everyone's mental state. Some will bounce back, but some won't. Now, go look at health coverage from the ACA or insurance from your job. Check out the mental health side. Mine pays for 6 visits. 6 hours of therapy to work out whatever is in my head. Same for you probably. Some plans might offer 10 visits, but if you have an excellent mental health program through your insurance you've hit the lottery.

Imagine a kid who has been abused, bullied, an outcast...do you think 6 hours of therapy is going to save them? That's a band-aid on a bullet hole. You have more physio visits covered to rehab a joint or muscle injury, but your brain? Nah, son. Good luck.

We have a mental health crisis in the US. School shootings are a symptom. Veteran suicides are a symptom.

I'm tired of typing. You either learned something or you didn't. Just look out for each other and those around you.

I'm feeling a little sporty and don't know how to shut my mouth, so I want to expand on an earlier comment I made. Love or hate the guy, I think Joe Rogan put it best back in 2013:

"This country has a mental health problem disguised as a gun problem"

I'm 48. This shit wasn't a thing in the 80's/ early 90's when I went to school. During deer season half of the school had shotguns and rifles in their trucks. Fights weren't settled with guns or knives or bats or anything but one's fists.

We’ve Known How To Prevent A School Shooting for More Than 20 Years

“School shooters typically do this out of a profound adolescent crisis,” said James Garbarino, a professor of psychology at Loyola University Chicago who specializes in teen violence and began studying school shooters in the late 1990s.

The rest of the article discusses that point and those around school shootings, but the point remains...this is a mental health issue.

And if you think we don't, another little anecdote for everyone. This forum is well aware of the number of veteran suicides per day. What, you think they were distraught they couldn't buy Chik-Fil-A on a Sunday? No, we have a mental health crisis in the US. Crisis, and I say that without hyperbole. During the unspecificed virus of unknown origin global lockdown, expert after expert talked about the effects of the pandemic on everyone's mental state. Some will bounce back, but some won't. Now, go look at health coverage from the ACA or insurance from your job. Check out the mental health side. Mine pays for 6 visits. 6 hours of therapy to work out whatever is in my head. Same for you probably. Some plans might offer 10 visits, but if you have an excellent mental health program through your insurance you've hit the lottery.

Imagine a kid who has been abused, bullied, an outcast...do you think 6 hours of therapy is going to save them? That's a band-aid on a bullet hole. You have more physio visits covered to rehab a joint or muscle injury, but your brain? Nah, son. Good luck.

We have a mental health crisis in the US. School shootings are a symptom. Veteran suicides are a symptom.

I'm tired of typing. You either learned something or you didn't. Just look out for each other and those around you.

Even in lovely Canuckistan it's the same. Mental health is not covered by our glorious health care system. Insurance treats it the same way as the US. But here's a pro tip: typically it's worded, so your provider can write it up and bill per "topic". So 6 or 10 sessions for anxiety, another 6 or 10 for sleep, depression and so on.

Dude I don’t think that’s right.

Staff or no staff, part of the success of this this board and what has helped bring highly intelligent, active duty members to participate here is that we have always been about transparency and backing up our posts, citing sources.

If you throw insinuations out there without evidence and then ignore requests for comment, well…welcome to TwitterSpear, I guess. 🤷‍♂️

Dude I don’t think that’s right.

Staff or no staff, part of the success of this this board and what has helped bring highly intelligent, active duty members to participate here is that we have always been about transparency and backing up our posts, citing sources.

If you throw insinuations out there without evidence and then ignore requests for comment, well…welcome to TwitterSpear, I guess. 🤷‍♂️
It is right on every level, you stated “highly intelligent“ people. If he has to explain it then they are not “highly intelligent“. His statement is straight forward. We are talking about Guns now, president on tv, while we have Ukraine, baby formula, the border, drugs all seem are now pushed to the side.

I disagree with the insinuation of his text, and I will explain myself.

It seems as if he’s insinuating there is some pseudo-government inciting all of this to distract the masses.

I refuse to believe that, maybe I’m the idiot.

If that was not his insinuation, then clarify instead of simply saying “no” when asked to.

Cool. I’m going to go with you believing that the government or anti-gun folks or the demigorgon are paying for or orchestrating multiple mass shootings to distract us from gas prices, war, and how mean President Biden was to you.

It is right on every level, you stated “highly intelligent“ people. If he has to explain it then they are not “highly intelligent“. His statement is straight forward. We are talking about Guns now, president on tv, while we have Ukraine, baby formula, the border, drugs all seem are now pushed to the side.

Cool. Same for you.

It isn’t a strong logical leap from where you guys are to a pretty Alex jones take. I’ll just assume that is what you both think and move on.

I think it is pretty weak to come on here, post something incendiary, be asked what you meant and just have a non-response.

Come on guys. You ever heard the saying wag the dog? (To wag the dog means to distract attention away from a political scandal, often through military action.)

Since it is only a hypothesis/theory I will give you my take as an example.

Letter agency takes the Uvalde shooters grandmother hostage and say's we will kill her if you don't do as we say. HERE broke kid take these two 2500 dollar Daniel Defense AR 15s and go to the local school and kill a bunch of kids and we will let your grams live. So one DD AR15 was left at the house with said letter agency who shoots gram in the face after broke kid who can't afford a 2500 dollar AR much less two 2500 dollar ARs leaves to do as he is told.

I'm curious since grams lived can she speak or will she die mysteriously.

Cool. I’m going to go with you believing that the government or anti-gun folks or the demigorgon are paying for or orchestrating multiple mass shootings to distract us from gas prices, war, and how mean President Biden was to you.

Cool. Same for you.

It isn’t a strong logical leap from where you guys are to a pretty Alex jones take. I’ll just assume that is what you both think and move on.

I think it is pretty weak to come on here, post something incendiary, be asked what you meant and just have a non-response.
Do what you feel you must but I still believe my OP needs no explanation.

Come on guys. You ever heard the saying wag the dog? (To wag the dog means to distract attention away from a political scandal, often through military action.)

Since it is only a hypothesis/theory I will give you my take as an example.

Letter agency takes the Uvalde shooters grandmother hostage and say's we will kill her if you don't do as we say. HERE broke kid take these two 2500 dollar Daniel Defense AR 15s and go to the local school and kill a bunch of kids and we will let your grams live. So one DD AR15 was left at the house with said letter agency who shoots gram in the face after broke kid who can't afford a 2500 dollar AR much less two 2500 dollar ARs leaves to do as he is told.

I'm curious since grams lived can she speak or will she die mysteriously.

Well at least we ruled out the demigorgon.

Back