US Army SOF Photos

Biographical video of Major General Eldon Bargewell, recipient of the 2010 Bull Simons Award, given by U.S. Special Operations Command to the person who exemplifies the esprit, values, and skills of the special operations warrior.

U.S. Special Forces soldiers practice clearing rooms in a shoot house near Kabul province, Afghanistan, May 9, 2014 USSF maintain battle operation skills to keep proficiency while conducting operations with Afghan forces. (U.S. Army photo by Spc. Connor Mendez/released)

U.S. Special Forces soldiers practice clearing rooms in a shoot house near Kabul province, Afghanistan, May 9, 2014 USSF maintain battle operation skills to keep proficiency while conducting operations with Afghan forces. (U.S. Army photo by Spc. Connor Mendez/released)

1332541.jpg

Question: What type of hearing pro are the guys in the sniper competition wearing?
They look like Peltor ComTac III's, I just happened to have been looking at a pair the other day.
Yeah, Peltors,
On a side note; SF wears multicam until everyone gets Multicam.
SF then switches to BDU Pattern, nothing says screw you like a different uniform. LOL.

Yeah, Peltors,
On a side note; SF wears multicam until everyone gets Multicam.
SF then switches to BDU Pattern, nothing says screw you like a different uniform. LOL.

We have been wearing BDUs the whole time.

Yeah I was wondering about those pictures, as the high port position is not very common in the Army.
You'll see it a lot in SF, it's big in SFARAETC/SFAUC.

MARSOC wears those Firebrand BDUs...

Sorry, should have been more specific - the in-the-ear type hearing pro from the sniper/spotter photos further up. They look like TAC Plus in the ear style pro.

The in ear look to be Surefire.

It's interesting to see the different drills done for CQB. I've never understood the high port/low port argument. If we were going into a room someone was going to die and we wanted that to happen to the other guy as quickly as possible, being in the aim when we went in seemed to expedite that.

Low/high port or low/high ready as we says here in "merica", are both good positions. I prefer the high ready when having to bound and or run. The low ready is faster, but the the few tenths of second are hardly worth arguing about. I was pretty upset when the Army removed the high ready from the updated FM, now every thinks its anonymous with SEALs :rolleyes:

There are a few former D boys who argue against the high ready, it seems their argument is more geared towards range safety and speed of getting the shot off. I'm actually surprised that SF is teaching it, as most SF guys I've shot with have given me shit about high ready.

Low/high port or low/high ready as we says here in "merica", are both good positions. I prefer the high ready when having to bound and or run. The low ready is faster, but the the few tenths of second are hardly worth arguing about. I was pretty upset when the Army removed the high ready from the updated FM, now every thinks its anonymous with SEALs :rolleyes:

There are a few former D boys who argue against the high ready, it seems their argument is more geared towards range safety and speed of getting the shot off. I'm actually surprised that SF is teaching it, as most SF guys I've shot with have given me shit about high ready.

Yeah it is what we always taught other people.

High port is good for not flagging your buddies legs and is a more comfortable position than straight down at the floor. It's also the position you reload in and is more comfortable for holding your gun with one hand.

When you come to a corner or a door, going to

If you're the two man it's faster to dig your corner from high over the one man's shoulder than coming up, since you can get closer to him with your muzzle up.

If you're the one man you'll be using the low read looking over your optic.

Whats the deal with that "Sheriff of Baghdad" dude in that video? :thumbsdown:

That's John McPhee - former CAG. He is consummate warrior. He's not the fastest shooter, most accurate sniper (but still pretty good at all aspects of shooting) but there are few others I'd rather have around me when the bullets start to fly.

Back