US Army SOF Photos

1509861_10151929249971990_606651060_n.jpg

10006930_10151930855501990_1512553828_n.jpg

One of the hosts of Discovery's "Dual Survival"...

HVH3kfA.jpg

... I had multiple tours in Afghanistan and Iraq while serving in a government counter-terrorist unit. Our missions and responsibilities were far removed from the military units working in those theaters of operations, to include special operations units of the military. Granted our military special operations forces did and continue to do great things down range, however, they are not by law allowed to conduct certain missions due to the legal restrictions and other variables that I wont discuss. My views of the war are skewed due to who I worked for and what I was doing.

N9P90yb.jpg

CQB training Ft. Bragg, North Carolina.

rTw6msW.jpg

Afghanistan on Yamaha 450.

r5hH3Qh.jpg

In front of Saddam Hussein's palace. Tikrit, Iraq.

Bk8mtKk.jpg

HALO jump at 16,000 ft.

vyigRAb.jpg

Afghanistan, 2008.

GFEEt8z.jpg

Combat diver ops. Coronado, California.

f2DqyhY.jpg

Great picture of the special operations task force I was on in Afghanistan. It was a mixed bag of SOF units. In this photo you had members of DEVGRU, attached CCT member and other special operations "assets" from the government. Picture was taken deep in the Hindu Kush mountains. I say it all the time on my show....the probability of your survival is directly linked to your level of physical fitness. You can take that to the bank.

jSpL1jX.jpg

PSD Personal Security Detail. Jerusalem, Israel.

tc7TSUs.jpg

QSqpWDw.png

pZSX59c.jpg

fFkI6c9.png

MMgZ5Iv.jpg

Asadabad, Afghanistan. 2008
Although there is evil in this world that would do us harm...you will always find the innocent caught in the middle.

IvQiCwl.jpg

EMVpTQj.jpg

I remember this day VERY well. Pre-staging area for our vehicles before a night time raid on a target. Was a LONG drive on night vision goggles.........that I do remember. Although war is barbaric in every way, the memories of the men I served with are the most valuable things I own.

9HVjOri.jpg

When it comes to shooting, I am a big advocate of shooting from unconventional positions. This photo was taken in Afghanistan, and as you can see this not the preferred shooting platform to say the least. Terrain many times will dictate the who, what, where, when, why and how you take a shot. For those of you that use a firearm in the course of your duties....TRAIN LIKE YOUR GOING TO FIGHT....AND NO OTHER WAY!

gBSaZ2l.jpg

Had driving duties this day. Fully armored Suburban. Weapon is a Colt 9mm SMG.

gER2ER5.jpg

On highly modified Polaris ATV with mounted M249 SAW. Afghanistan.2008

Vxh1RbH.png

In Hindu Kush mountains with Afghan commandos. Afghanistan.

krdpdsW.png

Mullah Omars bunker. Kandahar, Afghanistan.

B7BwzGY.png

Retrieving sensitive items from a downed MQ-1 Predator.

UIw1xdk.jpg

Training with Air Force CCT (Combat Control Team) member. Hurlburt Field, Florida.

b0xmUYC.jpg

Sitting on ramp of MI-17 after 77 hour E&E (Escape and Evasion). Afghanistan.

Snippets of an interview he did:
<SNIP>
Q: How old were you when you entered the service?
A: I was 18. I left for Marine Corps boot camp 10 days after I graduated high school.

Q: Why did you leave the Marines and go to Army Special Forces?
A: When I was in the Marines (Force Recon), which was at that time the Marines “special forces”, they were not a part of SOCOM (Special Operations Command). SOCOM is the unified command that controls Army, Navy and Air Force special operations units, such as Army Special Forces, Navy SEALs. Force Recon was not a part of SOCOM at that time, therefore we did not have the best gear that was available, or get the missions that the other SOF units were getting. I trained with SEAL’s and SF while in Force Recon, and I saw the difference it made. Now there is MARSOC (Marine Special Operations Command) that is part of SOCOM.

Q: Why did you choose the Army?
A: I was already a qualified military diver while in the Marines. We did a lot of water work like the SEALs, so that was a block I had already checked. I always had a deep respect for Army Special Forces, as they represented (to me) the quintessential image of a professional solider that I was looking for. In my opinion, they have the widest range of overall special operations knowledge of any SOF unit.

Q: Where are you from originally?
A: Pittsburgh, PA.

Q: What was your MOS in Special Forces?
A: I was an 18BW9. Special Forces Weapons Sergeant, HALO/SCUBA qualified.

Q: Your bio says you were in a “government counter-terrorist unit”. Which one were you in?
A: This is the 2nd most asked question I get. Here is the bottom line. I am bound by law not to reveal the name or the “unit” inside this organization. This organization is not like any other “special operations” unit, in the fact that once you are “out” you can tell other people you were in this particular unit. A good example of this are guys that served in a Tier 1 unit, either Delta or DEVGRU (SEAL Team 6). Their identities while active duty are closely guard secrets, however, once they are out, there is nothing “legally” prohibiting them to disclose on a resume or a job application that they served in one of those units. The unit I was in prohibits me from disclosing my involvement… for life. I can never disclose details of my participation or involvement any further than I have done thus far. And what I have disclosed has been approved by that organizations legal department.
<SNIP>

Damn, Rambo ain't got shit on this dude.

You guys need to do your home work.

Teti is an embellisher.

Teti was a Marine and SF Qualified. He never saw combat while he was either. Just under 4 years active as a Marine. And never an 8654

5 months active Army.

4 and half years NG.

He was a contractor for TC.

Snippets of an interview he did:

<SNIP>
Q: How old were you when you entered the service?
A: I was 18. I left for Marine Corps boot camp 10 days after I graduated high school.

Q: Why did you leave the Marines and go to Army Special Forces?
A: When I was in the Marines (Force Recon), which was at that time the Marines “Special Forces”, they were not a part of SOCOM (Special Operations Command). SOCOM is the unified command that controls Army, Navy and Air Force special operations units, such as Army Special Forces, Navy SEALs. Force Recon was not a part of SOCOM at that time, therefore we did not have the best gear that was available, or get the missions that the other SOF units were getting. I trained with SEAL’s and SF while in Force Recon, and I saw the difference it made. Now there is MARSOC (Marine Special Operations Command) that is part of SOCOM.

Q: Why did you choose the Army?
A: I was already a qualified military diver while in the Marines. We did a lot of water work like the SEALs, so that was a block I had already checked. I always had a deep respect for Army Special Forces, as they represented (to me) the quintessential image of a professional solider that I was looking for. In my opinion, they have the widest range of overall special operations knowledge of any SOF unit.

Q: Where are you from originally?
A: Pittsburgh, PA.

Q: What was your MOS in Special Forces?
A: I was an 18BW9. Special Forces Weapons Sergeant, HALO/SCUBA qualified.

You just gotta laugh sometimes.....

Q: Your bio says you were in a “government counter-terrorist unit”. Which one were you in?

A: This is the 2nd most asked question I get. Here is the bottom line. I am bound by law not to reveal the name or the “unit” inside this organization. This organization is not like any other “special operations” unit, in the fact that once you are “out” you can tell other people you were in this particular unit. A good example of this are guys that served in a Tier 1 unit, either Delta or DEVGRU (SEAL Team 6). Their identities while active duty are closely guard secrets, however, once they are out, there is nothing “legally” prohibiting them to disclose on a resume or a job application that they served in one of those units. The unit I was in prohibits me from disclosing my involvement… for life. I can never disclose details of my participation or involvement any further than I have done thus far. And what I have disclosed has been approved by that organizations legal department.

I have no idea why guys like this, with his VALIDATED BACKGROUND have to go and inflate it.

He had enough in his 201 to go do whatever. Instead, he spins his tales of yarn.

Two snipers from the 7th Special Forces Group (Airborne) review information regarding the next event they will participate in during the USASOC Sniper Competition. The competition, held the last week of March on Fort Bragg, N.C., tested not only the precision marksmanship skills of the snipers, but their teamwork and physical fitness. Information on the notebook has been obscured to maintain Operations Security.

A sniper with the 7th Special Forces Group (Airborne), takes aim at a target during the USASOC Sniper Competition. The competition, held the last week of March on Fort Bragg, N.C., tested not only the precision marksmanship skills of the snipers, but their teamwork and physical fitness.

A sniper with the 7th Special Forces Group (Airborne), places his rifle on a tripod while his teammate gathers information on atmospherics outside the building during the USASOC Sniper Competition. The competition, held the last week of March on Fort Bragg, N.C., tested not only the precision marksmanship skills of the snipers, but their teamwork and physical fitness.

Snipers with the 7th Special Forces Group (Airborne), attempt to positively identify their target from inside a building during the USASOC Sniper Competition. The competition, held the last week of March on Fort Bragg, N.C., tested not only the precision marksmanship skills of the snipers, but their teamwork and physical fitness.

A sniper from the 7th Special Forces Group (Airborne) makes an adjustment to a tripod while his teammate identifies his target from inside a building during the USASOC Sniper Competition. The competition, held the last week of March on Fort Bragg, N.C., tested not only the precision marksmanship skills of the snipers, but their teamwork and physical fitness.

A sniper from the 7th Special Forces Group (Airborne) gathers atmospheric data while his teammate identifies his target during the USASOC Sniper Competition. The competition, held the last week of March on Fort Bragg, N.C., tested not only the precision marksmanship skills of the snipers, but their teamwork and physical fitness.

A sniper with the 7th Special Forces Group (Airborne) fires at targets using a 9mm handgun while competing in the USASOC Sniper Competition on March 26th. This portion of the competition tested the marksman’s ability to quickly transition from short to long range targets.

A sniper with the 7th Special Forces Group (Airborne) holsters his 9mm handgun while sprinting back to his rifle while competing in the USASOC Sniper Competition, held the last week of March on Fort Bragg, N.C. This portion of the competition tested the marksman’s ability to quickly transition from short to long range targets.

A sniper from the 7th Special Forces Group (Airborne) shoots at a target using a .50 caliber Barrett Sniper Rifle while his teammate acts as a spotter during the USASOC Sniper Competition. The competition, held the last week of March on Fort Bragg, N.C., tested not only the precision marksmanship skills of the snipers, but their teamwork and physical fitness.

A sniper from the 7th Special Forces Group (Airborne) calculates adjustments using atmospheric data as a spotter for his teammate firing a .50 caliber Barrett Sniper Rifle during the USASOC Sniper Competition. The competition, held the last week of March on Fort Bragg, N.C., tested not only the precision marksmanship skills of the snipers, but their teamwork and physical fitness.

A sniper from the 7th Special Forces Group (Airborne) engages targets from the hood of a wrecked car during the USASOC Sniper Competition held the last week of March. The shooting event placed the sniper and his teammate in scenarios requiring them to engage short and long range targets while running in between stations.

Snipers from the 7th Special Forces Group (Airborne) run from their previous station to their next objective during the USASOC Sniper Competition held the last week of March. The shooting event placed the sniper and his teammate in scenarios requiring them to engage short and long range targets while running in between stations.

Snipers from the 7th Special Forces Group (Airborne) scan for their targets during the USASOC Sniper Competition, held the last week of March. The shooting event placed the snipers in scenarios requiring them to engage short and long range targets while running in between stations.

Snipers from the 7th Special Forces Group (Airborne) run from their previous station to their next objective during the USASOC Sniper Competition held the last week of March. The shooting event placed the sniper and his teammate in situations requiring them to engage short and long range targets while running in between stations.

Snipers from the 7th Special Forces Group (Airborne) scan for their targets during the USASOC Sniper Competition, held the last week of March. The shooting event placed the sniper and his teammate in scenarios requiring them to engage short and long range targets while running in between stations.

A sniper from the 7th Special Forces Group (Airborne) engages his target while his teammate scans for other targets during the USASOC Sniper Competition, held the last week of March. The shooting event placed the sniper and his teammate in scenarios requiring them to engage short and long range targets while running in between stations.

A sniper from the 7th Special Forces Group (Airborne) engages targets with a 9mm handgun during the USASOC Sniper Competition. The shooting event placed the sniper and his teammate in scenarios requiring them to engage short and long range targets while running in between stations.

A sniper from the 7th Special Forces Group (Airborne) adjusts the scope on his rifle before engaging his target during the USASOC Sniper Competition. The competition, held the last week of March on Fort Bragg, N.C., tested not only the precision marksmanship skills of the sniper and his teammate, but their teamwork and physical fitness.

Aaaaaand the winners are

1st place - Army Marksmanship Unit (AMU)
2nd place - 3rd SFG(A)
3rd place - USASOC

lLzbqHh.jpg

The gym at 3rd Special Forces Group (Airborne), Fort Bragg, NC. This gym is part of SF's Tactical Human Optimization Rapid Rehabilitation and Reconditioning (THOR3) program, which treats an SF soldier as a professional athlete. The Army employs professional strength and conditioning coaches, physical therapists, and dietitians to develop and implement customized programs for each soldier according to deployment schedules and mission-specific needs. THOR3 includes a classified 10-part strength, speed, agility, power, and endurance test. Article.

u3MrhHW.jpg

CStU2jm.jpg

hhwCsH6.jpg

d0Hv0aY.jpg

Back