West Point Cadets O.D. on Crack & Fentanyl

So will we dismiss these cadets? I'd hope drug use is enough if honor violations aren't.

I'm holding out hope that someone spiked their drinks or messed with their vape or something.

Anything.

Anything other than a whole lot of West Point cadets knowingly did coke.

Sir, we had a drug problem at VMI. I'm sure the problem is just as bad at West Point.

I'm holding out hope that someone spiked their drinks or messed with their vape or something.

Anything.

Anything other than a whole lot of West Point cadets knowingly did coke.
Right? Always respected and worked with many fine West Point officers throughout my own career. As a father I've been a little disappointed with West Point. But, its hard to swallow that this caliber of young men and/or women would blow it this way (no pun intended).

Last edited:
Right? Always respected and worked with many fine West officers throughout my own career. As father I've been a little disappointed with West Point. But, its hard to swallow that this caliber of young men and/or women would blow it this way (no pun intended).
Tell your son to come by my office some time. I'll message you the office number.

“Two of the cadets had not ingested the drugs but were overcome by the effects of fentanyl when they attempted to perform mouth-to-mouth resuscitation on their sickened friends,”

Riiight….:ROFLMAO:

“Two of the cadets had not ingested the drugs but were overcome by the effects of fentanyl when they attempted to perform mouth-to-mouth resuscitation on their sickened friends,”

Riiight….:ROFLMAO:
That was more or less my reaction too. That said, if it were me, that would be my story and I would stick to it.

So will we dismiss these cadets? I'd hope drug use is enough if honor violations aren't.

I hope the punishment fits the crime. I was just reading the West Point cheating thread, about how a lot was swept under the rug because a lot of them were athletes.

We had a group of trouble makers in my last deployment. About 7 of them decided to do weed while on pass. The CDR found out, had them piss tested, then the BN CDR gave them field grade Article 15s, reduced to E-1, 45 days of extra duty, and 1 month of reduced pay, but still not dismissed. Jokes on them; the weed they smoked was CBD weed, not THC; so they got in all the trouble without all the fun. No giggles, no munchies, no Cheech and Chong moments.

I'm hoping West Point punishes them accordingly, because we're all watching.

I'd like to know how they got through all screening to get that student appointment to West Point to begin with. I doubt their drug use just suddenly started after they got to West Point. Maybe they should just close all the Military service academies? BTW: The West Point Football roster lists 99, six and potentially 8, is 16-20 percent of that roster. I wonder if the investigation will cause the drug use to cause a greater percent impact on the remaining 93?

Last edited:
I hope the punishment fits the crime. I was just reading the West Point cheating thread, about how a lot was swept under the rug because a lot of them were athletes.

We had a group of trouble makers in my last deployment. About 7 of them decided to do weed while on pass. The CDR found out, had them piss tested, then the BN CDR gave them field grade Article 15s, reduced to E-1, 45 days of extra duty, and 1 month of reduced pay, but still not dismissed. Jokes on them; the weed they smoked was CBD weed, not THC; so they got in all the trouble without all the fun. No giggles, no munchies, no Cheech and Chong moments.

I'm hoping West Point punishes them accordingly, because we're all watching.
How, could they test + for THC metabolites by smoking CBD cannabis?
I would venture they knew what they were smoking.
OTC CBD cannabis is so low in THC. It is undetectable on a 10 panel screen.

Even with low THC concentration in CBD dominant strains, you can still pop in screening; especially after prolonged consumption. THC builds in your system, specifically fatty cells and will then release over time. If they weren't getting high, they probably kept consuming and that could lead to a concentration, high enough for the test.

CBD with with 0 THC is specifically grown plants which still have trace amounts, requires additional processing to get to 0%. The stuff you buy at the dispensary will have plenty of THC in it even though it says 0. None of those guys are doing 3rd party testing. IFF you're going to be using CBD, you probably want to start and stop with Floyd's of Leadville.

Even with low THC concentration in CBD dominant strains, you can still pop in screening; especially after prolonged consumption. THC builds in your system, specifically fatty cells and will then release over time. If they weren't getting high, they probably kept consuming and that could lead to a concentration, high enough for the test.
Fair enough👍

Back