West Point Cadets O.D. on Crack & Fentanyl

@Marauder I meant to ask earlier and my apologies if this is a stupid question, but are Cadets randomly drug tested as a routine? For instance would a Cadet expect to undergo drug test returning from a break or leave?

@Marauder I meant to ask earlier and my apologies if this is a stupid question, but are Cadets randomly drug tested as a routine? For instance would a Cadet expect to undergo drug test returning from a break or leave?
Yes, and it's not just the cadets, sis. I've been "randomly selected" for drug tests here several times. Maybe someone observed me teaching and was like, "this guy has to be high, put him on the list for the next 4 whiz quizes." ;)

I'm not involved in direct leadership of the cadets so I don't know what the periodicity of the testing is. I will say that when I was a company commander in Korea, all of my troops knew that the first formation after their mid-tour leave, they were getting a urinalysis. That was my way of helping my Soldiers resist peer pressure "I'd love to smoke a bowl with you, but my dickhead company commander is going to give me a piss test as soon as I get back, and I'm not tryna get kicked out and have to repay my $30,000 enlistment bonus."

I'm sure there were some who did drugs that were not easily testable by the Army, but I can't do everything so I did what I could.

. That was my way of helping my Soldiers resist peer pressure "I'd love to smoke a bowl with you, but my dickhead company commander is going to give me a piss test as soon as I get back, and I'm not tryna get kicked out and have to repay my $30,000 enlistment bonus."

I'm sure there were some who did drugs that were not easily testable by the Army, but I can't do everything so I did what I could.

This is the way.

It's interesting how stories start to change once the facts start emerging.

This went from "6 West Point football players OD'd" to "four cadets, one of whom is a football player."

At least six people were hospitalized for ingesting the tainted cocaine Thursday. Four are cadets at the U.S. Military Academy at West Point, and one of those four is an Army football player, according to an Army spokesperson.
Man arrested for fentanyl-laced cocaine sold to Army football player, spring break students is identified

Any West Point cadet doing any illegal drug is still a big deal and I'm not trying to downplay the significance of "only" one football player being involved. Just using this as another example of what I mean by "first reports are almost always wrong."

For that matter we could find out tomorrow that it was 100 cadets, or zero, or that they all got roofied instead of willingly taking the drug. I don't think any of those are likely, but I guess we'll see what happens in the investigation.

It's interesting how stories start to change once the facts start emerging.

This went from "6 West Point football players OD'd" to "four cadets, one of whom is a football player."

Man arrested for fentanyl-laced cocaine sold to Army football player, spring break students is identified

Any West Point cadet doing any illegal drug is still a big deal and I'm not trying to downplay the significance of "only" one football player being involved. Just using this as another example of what I mean by "first reports are almost always wrong."

For that matter we could find out tomorrow that it was 100 cadets, or zero, or that they all got roofied instead of willingly taking the drug. I don't think any of those are likely, but I guess we'll see what happens in the investigation.
Have they verified 4 Cadets? I saw a story (should have saved the link) that said it was now just two Cadets.

Back