What’s happening in Iran?

They are also the same group targeted a few days ago in the air strikes. And are nothing more than an Iranian proxy group. Drain the swamp.
Not quite. AAM used to run KH but he has been running the entire PMC for the last few years. Calling the PMC an Iranian proxy is both true and false - true in that many of the individual groups are on the Iranian payroll and take direction from Iran, but false in that ostensibly the PMC works in the interest of Iraqi national security. However, as you can imagine it's difficult managing a huge, unwieldy entity that's half on the take and half not. Oh, and made up of Iraqis.

Are those our red lines for going to war? Are those our established thresholds for entering armed conflict?

Because we think we have a pretty good idea what Iran’s triggers are, and the death of Soleimani many very well be one of them.

Some random thoughts.

How many Americans die before we say enough, is enough? Beirut, Afghanistan, Khobar Towers, EFP's in Iraq and Afghanistan. The recent Embassy attack.
Hit fast, hit hard should be our ROE for the foreseeable future.

Are we going to lose some great people, yeah we will.
That prospect doesn't thrill me the slightest, I still have kin serving in the Army (1st Cav) and in an AFSOC unit, but I am jaded enough to know that being nice doesn't work.

Not quite. AAM used to run KH but he has been running the entire PMC for the last few years. Calling the PMC an Iranian proxy is both true and false - true in that many of the individual groups are on the Iranian payroll and take direction from Iran, but false in that ostensibly the PMC works in the interest of Iraqi national security. However, as you can imagine it's difficult managing a huge, unwieldy entity that's half on the take and half not. Oh, and made up of Iraqis.

My post was about the attack at KH a few days ago.

Tweets aside, this is a big holy shit moment.

I dont see Iran deciding to take this into a full on traditional conflict, but it's still a possibility.

That thread @ThunderHorse shared really hits a lot of thoughts/questions I have regarding how things may play out going forward.

An "act of war..." unlike shooting down US surveillance drones in international waters, seizing our naval ships, bombing oil tankers, attacking Saudi oil fields, and oh yeah, murdering hundreds of Americans inside Iraq

Don't forget the countless cyber attacks that have been conducted and I'll assume will be ramped up after these latest attacks.

Everyone is quick to jump to a full on physical scenario, we've just entered 2020 the cyber field of battle has yet to be fully recognized in a time of war. I imagine to see some sort of reaction soon if not already...haven't jumped on the high side yet.

So what would YOU do as CINC?

-PMFs allegedly fired rockets on US compound near Kirkuk, where one USP was killed and several wounded. This was unilateral and unprovoked.
-US retaliated by striking KH targets and killing ?25?
-Iranian backed surrogates...”in mourning“...breached USEMB Baghdad gates.
-SECSTATE claimed and DOD stated the commander of IRGC was planning future attacks against US personnel.

This sends a signal to Iranian leadership that this President will not tolerate attacks on Americans. We do not need to have “boots on the ground” in Tehran to utterly cripple Iran’s ability to threaten Americans. Additionally, ignoring the friendly governments in the region that are also hostile to Iran isn‘t realistic. Israel, KSA, and UAE would all benefit from a coalition of the willing knocking some Iranian teeth out. Iran has sponsored terrorism in the region and its odd that operations increased after our cash payment.

The unknown, in my opinion, what will Russia do but, then again, Trump takes orders from Putin so he must have had his permission. :rolleyes:

I share your opinion this (escalation) will be ugly but Iran doesn’t seem to be responding to limited force. What other options did he have, assuming Soleimani was planning more attacks?

edit: more info from 2011 on previous IRGC plans inside the US. Not sure how this affected the $$$$ to Iran but seems weird a little bit.

10/11/2011 WASHINGTON – The U.S. Department of the Treasury today announced the designation of five individuals, including four senior Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps-Qods Force (IRGC-QF) officers connected to a plot to assassinate the Saudi Arabian Ambassador to the United States Adel Al-Jubeir, while he was in the United States and to carry out follow-on attacks against other countries’ interests inside the United States and in another country. As part of today’s action, Treasury also designated the individual responsible for arranging the assassination plot on behalf of the IRGC-QF.

Treasury Sanctions Five Individuals Tied to Iranian Plot to Assassinate the Saudi Arabian Ambassador to the United States

Last edited:
POTUS should address the nation and explain the “why now” as well as address the Iranian people to convey the message of support for an internal uprising against the authoritarian regime.

This was SECDEF and JCS:

SEC. ESPER: Well, let's go – let's look at the history. Their provocative behavior's been out there for months, right? They've been – they've been shooting rockets, indirect fire, any type of things, attacking our bases for months now. In the last two alone, we've nearly a dozen attacks against U.S. forces, against our coalition partners.

GEN. MILLEY: We know that there's been a sustained campaign at least since October. We know that for certain. We know that the campaign has increased in tempo and intensity. So, in October, there were four attacks. In November, there were four to five. In December, today, up until the 27th, there were six attacks.

We know that the number of rounds have been increasing, from "x" all the way up to 31. We know that the intent of this last attack was in fact to kill American soldiers, sailors, airmen, Marines, whoever was there. It was about a hundred soldiers at that particular compound.

Thirty-one rockets aren't designed as a warning shot. That's designed to inflict damage and kill. So this has been a sustained campaign by K.H., who is under the influence, command, control, support, training, advice, et cetera, of Iranian special operations forces. So there's no doubt in our mind as to what happened here.

Press Gaggle by Secretary Esper and Chairman Milley

Last edited:
Poor Iranian instigators - all they did was spend the last 40 years telling America to go fuck herself - and then DARING the USA to respond.

So - now the Iranians have a few choices - shut the fuck up - or escalate.
WE - backed out of "the deal" but others did not. Iran still has a "deal" with everyone else. If Iran decides to escalate and threaten the USA with nuke production, they pretty much tell the rest of Europe - hahaha fuck you EU we never planned on honoring that treaty ANYWAY

The USA should be sick and tired of putting up with an Iran that doesnt know their place and that strike forced Iran's hand. They can shut the fuck and swallow their medicine, or bow up on the international stage, raise the stakes, and then see how their hand plays out.
Kill a few more Americans abroad - because it will make setting fire to Iran a popular US hobby during an election year. Curse yourself by helping to reelect the only guy in the last 50 years that has demonstrated a willingness to spank your ass.

Fuck you Iran
Fuck you in your stupid asses
Fuck your pig-dog mothers in their stupid assess too

At least we know now which peeps are peeved their Iranian pals were turned into cat meat.
Well for what it’s worth , I agree with all 3 of them. What’s done is done, let’s avoid war with Iran. Cool! 👍

🤔

Report: Obama Administration Stopped Israel From Assassinating Soleimani in 2015

"The report says Israel was 'on the verge' of assassinating Soleimani three years ago, near Damascus, but the United States warned the Iranian leadership of the plan, revealing that Israel was closely tracking the Iranian general," Haaretz reported.

The incident "sparked a sharp disagreement between the Israeli and American security and intelligence apparatuses regarding the issue." That sounds like an understatement.

Back