What’s happening in Iran?

You got a stable and pro US leader for 25 years. It was a stated US policy objective so it wasn't done for fun or just to make the British happy.
Again, depends on which books you read. Was deposing Mossadegh and empowering a weak Shah, smart? I'd hazard that there was definitely a way to have a friendly Iran without the deposition of Mossadegh.

Again, depends on which books you read. Was deposing Mossadegh and empowering a weak Shah, smart? I'd hazard that there was definitely a way to have a friendly Iran without the deposition of Mossadegh.

I don't disagree but we're talking about what happened not what they could have done.

Saying it was BP or Cold War politics/ strategy is a narrowminded view. The two kind of fed into each other and gave the US and UK reasons to work together with the US doing all of the heavy lifting.
"You got your oil in our coup!"
"You got your coup in our oil!"
Two great tastes that taste great together.

I'm confused why so many people believe we killed him in retaliation for the embassy attack.

What's confusing about it? The militants literally wrote "Soleimani is our leader" on one of the walls inside the Embassy grounds.

The attack on the US Embassy was one of many reasons he was killed.

I'm guessing more clarity will be released soon because there's some sort of requirement for justification from the POTUS...

But when Iranian backed KH is continually rocketing, and killing/wounding Americans, only as recent as last week. Then the US retaliating against the five KH facilities. Then "fake outrage" protests from the shia militia groups...Then we strike the very person responsible for all external Iranian operations.

Sort of hard for me to forget last week... Let alone everything else that justifies.

These drone strikes in Iraq must mean that the Iraqi government is approving the destruction of these Iranian backed militia groups that have become too powerful.

Is anyone under the assumption that using their airspace and bases to target people inside Iraq is a unilateral move by the U.S.?

These drone strikes in Iraq must mean that the Iraqi government is approving the destruction of these Iranian backed militia groups that have become too powerful.

Is anyone under the assumption that using their airspace and bases to target people inside Iraq is a unilateral move by the U.S.?

I was, but that was more instinctual than anything grounded in evidence. I just didn't see how the Iraqi government, which is overwhelmingly Shiite and much of which is totally in bed with Iran, would authorize something like this.

that certainly didn't age well...
Know what else didn’t age well? The last hundreds of times the Obama Administration did the exact same thing (non-approved drone strikes). The patriot act. The terrible spending bill we just passed. Not a peep from the ‘patriots’, though. Odd. It’s almost like this manufactured internet response doesn’t matter to the people that actually have to deal with these consequences.

The only thing funnier than the left’s outrage at these strikes is the celebration from the right at the president’s ‘hard line’ with Iran.

I’m glad the memes are good. I’ll be able to have a great laugh on the upcoming 18 hour flights where we land and get a new theater.

Back