Your 2024 Presidential Election Thread

One of the reasons the Republican Party is so screwed is because of the Lincoln Project, the Lincoln Projects successors, The McCains, and Liz Cheney. Hell, I'll even dunk on Paul Ryan being a problem. These people wasted four years by continuing to go after Trump instead of figuring out how to save their country...well that's if you think they aren't bought and paid for by the Democrats which they are.

One of the reasons the Republican Party is so screwed is because of the Lincoln Project, the Lincoln Projects successors, The McCains, and Liz Cheney. Hell, I'll even dunk on Paul Ryan being a problem. These people wasted four years by continuing to go after Trump instead of figuring out how to save their country...well that's if you think they aren't bought and paid for by the Democrats which they are.
Classic case of going after the messenger instead of the messenger's message like a proper adult with civil discourse would.

I'm all for us aiding the Ukraine to kill Soviets until the last male Ukrainian falls on the field of battle, but we've spent too much and gone too far.

We've depleted our stocks of arms and ammunition, especially the latter. At this point, I'd say re-arming is more to our benefit than who is sitting in Kiev. We just had a hurricane blast through our country. Where's our foreign aid? Where are our thoughts and prayers? Who is changing their social media icons to an American flag?

Yeah, thought so.

I'm far from an isolationist, but I think we've done enough for those folks. The people screaming the loudest for aid aren't writing checks...we are funding this little square dance. Time to tell them good night, good luck, and God bless.

i would honestly vote for anyone that could reduce our deficit and stop raising taxes. Trump didn’t do that, at all, and I don’t think Kamala will.

I fear that many people think that the cries for “raise the taxes on the rich” think that actually affects millionaires and billionaires. Who it really affects are people already paying 37% as well as Medicare and SS who aren’t millionaires and billionaires. That equates to close to 45% if you are in the bottom of those brackets. Paying what is a great total household income in taxes fucking sucks.

I would love to try and actually tax these ultra wealthy people, but their money is sheltered through debt obligation, and it is impossible for normal people to do that. It leaves a heavy burden on normal people, who work hard to give 10-37percent plus SS and Medicare every two weeks.

The wealthy are the landlords, the employers, and the provider of goods and services for sale though. You go after them, they have to make up for it so they raise prices and rent and make some goods smaller but charge more.

They tried this here with a proposition that made anyone making over 500k pay even more. Suddenly rents went up, mortgages went up, goods went up, services went up, and people were thinking that it was the rich being greedy. lol, nope, they were the ones wanting this redistribution were the sole ones responsible for it.

Ease up the taxes if you want prices down. Give them tax break incentives if the taxes go down and cost of living is reduced by them and make it to qualify they have to prove how they went about reducing things in monetary values.

Problem solve this instead of using the tax the rich BS. Over taxing is what's causing this, it ain't going to make the costs go down and anyone who tries to lie otherwise is again, LYING. I'm not even an economics major and even I can tell you how simple it really is.

Weird...the 3 posts above this one understand economics. Only about 330 million people left to go.

"Tax the rich" makes me laugh and is a great indicator that I'm talking to a moron. I'd love to "tax the rich", but that's not how it works. At all.

I'm all for us aiding the Ukraine to kill Soviets until the last male Ukrainian falls on the field of battle, but we've spent too much and gone too far.

We've depleted our stocks of arms and ammunition, especially the latter. At this point, I'd say re-arming is more to our benefit than who is sitting in Kiev. We just had a hurricane blast through our country. Where's our foreign aid? Where are our thoughts and prayers? Who is changing their social media icons to an American flag?

Yeah, thought so.

I'm far from an isolationist, but I think we've done enough for those folks. The people screaming the loudest for aid aren't writing checks...we are funding this little square dance. Time to tell them good night, good luck, and God bless.
The longer this timeline plays on the more isolationist I get. I don't care about providing any aid to the ME when we're also responsible for sending the equipment there that's forcing the need for aid. And for the other places...we should just grow our empire if they're so bad.

Weird...the 3 posts above this one understand economics. Only about 330 million people left to go.

"Tax the rich" makes me laugh and is a great indicator that I'm talking to a moron. I'd love to "tax the rich", but that's not how it works. At all.
It's almost as IF there's repercussions for going after those whom employ us, feed us, provide goods, services, and homes. They still have to pay the salaries and wages and the taxes for the very things that they provide and get taxed on the income being generated.

tAx tHe rIcH is a showing of the lack of critical thinking and all emotionally driven garbage.

If they really wanted this economy FIXED, bring the f'ing jobs and manufacturing back to the US and reduce the red tape that brought them there. We made the PLA stronger and our economy weaker and we have only ourselves to blame. The bastion of the free world ain't the leader when it outsources manufacturing and jobs overseas.

i would honestly vote for anyone that could reduce our deficit and stop raising taxes. Trump didn’t do that, at all, and I don’t think Kamala will.

I fear that many people think that the cries for “raise the taxes on the rich” think that actually affects millionaires and billionaires. Who it really affects are people already paying 37% as well as Medicare and SS who aren’t millionaires and billionaires. That equates to close to 45% if you are in the bottom of those brackets. Paying what is a great total household income in taxes fucking sucks.

I would love to try and actually tax these ultra wealthy people, but their money is sheltered through debt obligation, and it is impossible for normal people to do that. It leaves a heavy burden on normal people, who work hard to give 10-37percent plus SS and Medicare every two weeks.
Kamala has ads out there now saying that Trump is going to put out a nationwide sales tax, but she says she's going to give everyone a tax cut, but tax the rich. I have a great idea...Balanced Budget law. (won't happen) and lowering the tax floor.

Explain why the ultra wealthy need to be taxed extra though? This is something Demoncrats talk about all the time, yet I'm pretty sure they allow Bezos and Cuban to run amok controlling things like Newspapers, continuing to run their yap, and hide their money. Remember, all these turds could donate their money to the federal government.

Gifts to Reduce the Public Debt — TreasuryDirect

Bureau of the Fiscal Service - Public

Yes, Republicans used to be about small government, but this government (deep state) protects itself. Remember when Trump tried to gut Department of Ed? I legit have no idea what the Department of Ed does with 4000 employees when every state has a similar department, but State Departments of Education don't credential their own schools, regional associations of schools and colleges do that.

Last edited:

Biden hasn't stopped the debt load.
Who was worse, Trump or Biden?

The longer this timeline plays on the more isolationist I get. I don't care about providing any aid to the ME when we're also responsible for sending the equipment there that's forcing the need for aid. And for the other places...we should just grow our empire if they're so bad.

I’m with you here. I’m all for encouraging people to canoe the huns(Russians) but wars on the steppe have been happening before the Bible was written. It isn’t gonna stop.
Biden hasn't stopped the debt load.
Who was worse, Trump or Biden?
Well our current tax law was written by Trumps admin. It has helped continue to increase our deficit. I think our deficit increased much more under Trump than Biden as a percentage, however you are correct that spending hasn’t decreased to levels that are more in line with what was expected. Under Obama our deficit had been reduced to what it was in 2002-2003, but it rose steadily under Trump until it exploded 2/2 covid.
Kamala has ads out there now saying that Trump is going to put out a nationwide sales tax, but she says she's going to give everyone a tax cut, but tax the rich. I have a great idea...Balanced Budget law. (won't happen) and lowering the tax floor.

Explain why the ultra wealthy need to be taxed extra though? This is something Demoncrats talk about all the time, yet I'm pretty sure they allow Bezos and Cuban to run amok controlling things like Newspapers, continuing to run their yap, and hide their money. Remember, all these turds could donate their money to the federal government.

Gifts to Reduce the Public Debt — TreasuryDirect

Bureau of the Fiscal Service - Public

Yes, Republicans used to be about small government, but this government (deep state) protects itself. Remember when Trump tried to gut Department of Ed? I legit have no idea what the Department of Ed does with 4000 employees when every state has a similar department, but State Departments of Education don't credential their own schools, regional associations of schools and colleges do that.

I think that the ultra wealthy should be taxed differently because they earn money differently. I think that they have a significant unfair advantage due to how the system is designed. They have assets they can collateralize for debt, thus incurring net zero or “loss” of income to incurring of debt. They can get loans at interest rates we can’t imagine because the bank can hold interest earning positions in their assets. Then they have zero income, thus pay zero taxes to the government. Meanwhile the government and people provide an infrastructure to support their businesses and the safety in which to grow.

On my end I have a hard time seeing why anyone wouldn’t think they should pay more taxes, it is a crazy position. However I think in America people think they are a little elbow grease from being a billionaire.

Meanwhile as a W2 employees, my wife and I pay absurd taxes on our wages. And the way things work when social security caps you basically just move to a higher bracket. If a sales tax goes into effect it would push my taxes over 50%.

Last edited:
Back