Your 2024 Presidential Election Thread

LMAO

453007197_10232968647102655_6860625960827722465_n.jpg

While researching a subject having nothing to do with politics, politicians, and elections I stumbled across this.

Reference Shermanesque statement - Political Dictionary

A Shermanesque statement is a clear and direct statement by a potential political candidate indicating that he or she will not run for a particular office.

The term is derived from a remark made by Gen. William Tecumseh Sherman when he was being considered as a possible Republican candidate for president in 1884.

Sherman declined, saying, “I will not accept if nominated and will not serve if elected.”

What am I missing? Where does this fit in our election? I'm confused.
The way I interpreted it is that this is related to the massive donation that the cofounder (I think?) of Netflix made to the Harris campaign.

And now, if the meme is accurate, social media is suppressing the negative reaction to this news, thereby further illustrating the political-media complex.

Timcast was discussing a Time article from Feb 21, that says the quiet part out loud. The change to the definition of Fascism to pin it to the "Far-Right", makes complete sense now. Because this is the literal Mussolini definition.

Originally, it referred to a totalitarian political movement linked with corporatism which existed in Italy from 1922 to 1943 under the leadership of Benito Mussolini.
Definitions of fascism - Wikipedia

There was a conspiracy unfolding behind the scenes, one that both curtailed the protests and coordinated the resistance from CEOs. Both surprises were the result of an informal alliance between left-wing activists and business titans. The pact was formalized in a terse, little-noticed joint statement of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce and AFL-CIO published on Election Day. Both sides would come to see it as a sort of implicit bargain–inspired by the summer’s massive, sometimes destructive racial-justice protests–in which the forces of labor came together with the forces of capital to keep the peace and oppose Trump’s assault on democracy.
The Secret History of the Shadow Campaign That Saved the 2020 Election

The way I interpreted it is that this is related to the massive donation that the cofounder (I think?) of Netflix made to the Harris campaign.

And now, if the meme is accurate, social media is suppressing the negative reaction to this news, thereby further illustrating the political-media complex.
Nailed it. It's political interference.

Timcast was discussing a Time article from Feb 21, that says the quiet part out loud. The change to the definition of Fascism to pin it to the "Far-Right", makes complete sense now. Because this is the literal Mussolini definition.

Definitions of fascism - Wikipedia

The Secret History of the Shadow Campaign That Saved the 2020 Election

Which is funny if you look up the definition.

Fascism - Wikipedia
Definition of FASCISM
Fascism | Definition, Meaning, Characteristics, Examples, & History
What Is Fascism?
What is fascism? And what does it mean in 2020 America?

The last link mentions Trump because he's the focus of the article and even CBS admits Trump isn't fascist. Madeline Albright admits he isn't. CBS even admits both sides have fascist tendencies. People are throwing around a term academics can't agree upon and even sections of a liberal media agree Trump doesn't meet the definition...but they use it anyway.

It is a smear, that's all it is, but people are buying the lie.

Which is funny if you look up the definition.

Fascism - Wikipedia
Definition of FASCISM
Fascism | Definition, Meaning, Characteristics, Examples, & History
What Is Fascism?
What is fascism? And what does it mean in 2020 America?

The last link mentions Trump because he's the focus of the article and even CBS admits Trump isn't fascist. Madeline Albright admits he isn't. CBS even admits both sides have fascist tendencies. People are throwing around a term academics can't agree upon and even sections of a liberal media agree Trump doesn't meet the definition...but they use it anyway.

It is a smear, that's all it is, but people are buying the lie.
Classic Goebbels.

Wait, wait, wait, you mean to tell me that people involved in politics are using words out of context to smear and dehumanize with as propaganda??????

Didn't 2007/2008 teach you guys anything about this? Nothing new. I bet it was way worse centuries ago and then some.

Back