Your 2024 Presidential Election Thread

He didn't hold the rank. He never completed school. He was working as a CSM; he was never an E9. He was an E8 in an E9 position. My brother has been doing the same thing (not even promotable) for like 2 years. It's why they "demoted" him on his retirement order.

The Army, Guard/Reserves in paticular, is weird in that we'd do what you're describing with your brother (Frocking) as well as actually promote people before PME and demote them if they didn't complete it.

It's called a STEP promotion now, used to be called a conditional promotion. You get the rank and pay under this, then you'd need to complete your school within 12-36 months (depending on rules) or you'd lose the promotion.

I see this type of promotion much more often than I do frocking.

Doesn't change that he retired as an E8, but it is possible he was an E9 with pay.

The Army, Guard/Reserves in paticular, is weird in that we'd do what you're describing with your brother (Frocking) as well as actually promote people before PME and demote them if they didn't complete it.

It's called a STEP promotion now, used to be called a conditional promotion. You get the rank and pay under this, then you'd need to complete your school within 12-36 months (depending on rules) or you'd lose the promotion.

Doesn't change that he retired as an E8, but it is possible he was an E9 with pay.

Frocking is a big thing for navy enlisted. All the responsibility of the higher rank, none of the bennies.

Everyone acting like the "voters" are going to put some sense into this election. Vote for whoever you like, live with the consequences.

I can see Harris winning, the hatred for Trump is so deep. They could do a few interviews saying they won't ban fracking (Pennsylvania), we will push universal healthcare/abortion (Minnesota, Michigan), swing states won etc, then turn around and turn this place into Venezuela within a few years.

Yeah if this was a thing, he would have said that for the last 20 years. It took you 5 seconds to type this out and Tim Walz has 30 people at his disposal making 6 figures to craft messaging.

I know we are conveniently ignoring the claims that he deployed to OEF because no one has an excuse for it; he retired as an MSG. Not a CSM. When they read his deployment order it stated “MSG Tim Walz- retired.”

He lied about deployments. I’ve seen you guys absolutely flame kids on this site for that. We have whole threads.

But now you’re saying “This dude identified as a CSM! He really felt like he was! He might have even been hypothetically paid for it (which I didn’t prove I just said it could be hypothetically possible) so he should be able to make a political career out of it! Oh and it’s not a big deal he said he deployed to war but didn’t.”

One of us has receipts. The other doesn’t.

I don't support GOV Walz and I hope his ticket fails miserably in the polls. His talk about weapons "I carried in war" is a terrible look, given that his "deployment" was to Europe. But I'm far more concerned about the policies he would help inflict on America than I am about him inflating his military resume.

That's not to say that I don't care at all about it, I certainly do. He may well have gotten promoted to CSM and have been receiving pay for it before he retired (I don't know) and still retired at the lower rank because he didn't fulfill the requirements to hold it permanently. My best friend made it to LTC before retiring, but his retired rank is MAJ because he didn't hold O5 for the requisite number of years. I suppose if he wanted to church it up for... I don't know a national-level political run... he could legitimately say "attained the rank of LTC before retiring." Misleading, perhaps, but not inaccurate. But he couldn't say he was a "retired LTC," because he's not. He's a retired MAJ.

I'm still not entirely clear on the timeline between GOV Walz's unit getting notified of a deployment and him dropping his papers. I've heard "he dropped papers before his unit got orders," but in my experience you know well in advance of a deployment before you officially get orders. I am as yet unclear about all of that.

Regardless, I don't think that as one of the top leaders in an organization that I could, in good conscience, ditch my unit before they deployed to combat, especially if I had never gone myself.

But then again perhaps "good conscience" is why I'm not a politician.

I don't support GOV Walz and I hope his ticket fails miserably in the polls. His talk about weapons "I carried in war" is a terrible look, given that his "deployment" was to Europe. But I'm far more concerned about the policies he would help inflict on America than I am about him inflating his military resume.
Concur, particularly the bolded part above.

This is just one of MANY issues with Walz. Not to trivialize it, but there are SO MANY other more direct issues with him and his policies as a governor that it'd be a mistake to get focused/distracted by just this one.

And with Walz, it's not necessarily any singular thing, although it certainly could be, it's more about the collective of things that paint the real picture of his failure.

Last edited:
Allegedly this is his original discharge certificate, showing he retired as a CSM. The second attachment supposedly shows his retirement rank corrected to E8. I have no way of verifying these documents.

1723130156615.png1723130189794.png

They tell me twitter is an echo chamber, but the algo keep showing me so much pro-Walz and Harris shit I might end up with aneurism. I mute and tag posts as irrelevant every day and they keep coming.
Same for me on Facebook. Lot of race-based stuff that is irrelevant to me as well. And Facebook has, for months, allowed people to spend a whole lot of money and tried very hard to make me care about women's basketball.

Allegedly this is his original discharge certificate, showing he retired as a CSM. The second attachment supposedly shows his retirement rank corrected to E8. I have no way of verifying these documents.

View attachment 45474View attachment 45475
These were independently verified. They’re valid and no one from Walz’s campaign says differently.

I’m super happy to move on to his actual record which is worse than his stolen valor record.

The Harris Walz campaign still has *no discernible policy* (using their campaign website as source), Kamala hasn’t been asked a single question by reporters, and the only thing I’ve seen out of the campaign is Tik tok dances and a very obvious collusion with beg tech to flood your feed and insist the most unpopular VP of all time somehow became a generational talent in the course of 18 days.

87 days.

These were independently verified. They’re valid and no one from Walz’s campaign says differently.

I’m super happy to move on to his actual record which is worse than his stolen valor record.

The Harris Walz campaign still has *no discernible policy* (using their campaign website as source), Kamala hasn’t been asked a single question by reporters, and the only thing I’ve seen out of the campaign is Tik tok dances and a very obvious collusion with beg tech to flood your feed and insist the most unpopular VP of all time somehow became a generational talent in the course of 18 days.

87 days.

Gay love emoji, my friend. We are being gaslit (gaslighted?) and crazy-made like at no other time in history. Walz will be seen as the second coming of General Patton, Harris a mixture of Obama and the Pope, the very voice of reason, a modern Moses delivering us to the Promised Land. The fact that polls have tightened as much as they have (and a couple with her ahead) makes me want to vomit.

One thing missing from the discussion about Walz:

He bailed on the MNARNG and we all know that. Here's what's missing from even our discussion(s):

The Governor of a state owns the NG, Army and Air, until they are Federalized. Let that sink for a bit. This dude is the CINC for the very unit he abandoned. Hell, at least if we put Bowe Bergdahl in charge of the 25th ID he'd have trigger time under his belt.

Yeah if this was a thing, he would have said that for the last 20 years. It took you 5 seconds to type this out and Tim Walz has 30 people at his disposal making 6 figures to craft messaging.

I know we are conveniently ignoring the claims that he deployed to OEF because no one has an excuse for it; he retired as an MSG. Not a CSM. When they read his deployment order it stated “MSG Tim Walz- retired.”

He lied about deployments. I’ve seen you guys absolutely flame kids on this site for that. We have whole threads.

But now you’re saying “This dude identified as a CSM! He really felt like he was! He might have even been hypothetically paid for it (which I didn’t prove I just said it could be hypothetically possible) so he should be able to make a political career out of it! Oh and it’s not a big deal he said he deployed to war but didn’t.”

One of us has receipts. The other doesn’t.

Not a defense of the dude, just an explanation that promotions can be weird some time.

Walz saying he "retired as a CSM" is just as weird to me as that dude in Texas wearing a CIB because he "was infantry before he was Civil Affairs."

as that dude in Texas wearing a CIB because he "was infantry before he was Civil Affairs."

Used to be that one could receive a CIB if their secondary MOS was 11 series. Even 03xx Marines coming over to the Guard would have that converted to 11B as a secondary MOS. This is how you had a bunch of fobbits (including SOF support guys) sporting CIBs from a few rockets before CIB eligibility was tightened up. The 76th Brigade out of Indiana, plus other states, ran a Guard-approved 11B course in country outside of Kabul for a bit. They had a pharmacy tech with a CIB because he completed the course, was awarded the secondary MOS, and then took a few 107's and "earned" the CIB. This was around 2005.

Back