2016 Presidential Race

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are organized busses to polls. There is no valid reason that same effort could not be extended to gaining valid citizenship proving identification, if identification were made necessary.

I support required proper ID, to vote, for free. Honestly, social security cards should be more useful than a piece of paper that you need another ID to corroborate.

The GOP has never liked Trump, so there is inaction on their part to do what they normally have done for every single other candidate. At this point, I wouldn't be significantly surprised if the party as a whole would rather see Hillary in the white house. At least they have an inkling of what they will be getting, vs the wild card.

I can say I agree that with free ID's. if everyone has one, like a social security card, I have no issue. Requiring a photo ID that costs money is too much in my opinion. Shit photo ID's are a maybe 50 years old? People have been voting just fine for way longer than that.

I can say I agree that with free ID's. if everyone has one, like a social security card, I have no issue. Requiring a photo ID that costs money is too much in my opinion. Shit photo ID's are a maybe 50 years old? People have been voting just fine for way longer than that.

Fair enough, but when did global travel and (essentially) uncontrolled immigration become a thing?

30 days before an election and even the VP candidate can't defend this one.

i' mean- this hasnt happened before has it?!

Decisions have consequences; it just so happens that the consequences are heavy and unfortunate when you voluntarily throw your lot in with Donnie.

Sucks to be you, Mike.

Decisions have consequences; it just so happens that the consequences are heavy and unfortunate when you voluntarily throw your lot in with Donnie.

Sucks to be you, Mike.
Know what will really cook your noodle?

I respect Mike Pence more now for having called Donald on this stupid shit and calling it what it is.

I could see myself voting for Mike Pence.

In all seriousness, how can the Republicans win the election? Hillary outright dies and Pence replaces Trump?

I saw political sign on a lawn yesterday. "2016, Both Suck".

FWIW, here in my little spot in The Valley, strongly Dem, the only signs I have seen that support a party are Trump signs. I've yet to see a Hillary sign, but that will change.

A voter ID and a photo ID are different things friend. Voter ID cards are free and often can be gotten by showing a bill or something else that proves you are you. Not a lot of free photo ID's being given out.

The link in my post refutes that statement completely.

I saw political sign on a lawn yesterday. "2016, Both Suck".

FWIW, here in my little spot in The Valley, strongly Dem, the only signs I have seen that support a party are Trump signs. I've yet to see a Hillary sign, but that will change.

Indeed THAT is very strange here in MD too. My street is full of Trump signs but the only mention of support for Clinton is "Clinton for prison 2016".:D

Comparing a BSDM fantasy fiction to our candidate for POTUS? If that doesn't give you pause...

Are you sayin' he's being naughty and needs to be punished?

Know what will really cook your noodle?

I respect Mike Pence more now for having called Donald on this stupid shit and calling it what it is.

I could see myself voting for Mike Pence.

Which begs the question: is Trump in the race for the GOP or for the US?

Last edited by a moderator:
Donald's gonna Donald.

The man is a moron and the GOP are morons for ever letting things get to the stage where a sizeable amount of Republican voters view Donald as a valid choice for President.

Seriously, this election was very winnable for Republicans, they were up against a candidate which they had plenty of ammunition to pummel her with, along with her own shortcomings in terms of connecting with voters etc... And they ended up with Trump.

All the rats jumping off the ship now after his latest bout of nonsense are nothing but cowards trying to save their own skin. The time to make a stand against having Donald represent the Republican Party has long since passed and the Mike Pence's of the world should be hammered just as much as Donald is.

They're all idiots.

As an aside, while I'm very much aware that I'm not American, the US Presidential Race is a massive event in the Western world.

People watch the race closely as the decision to elect the leader of the most powerful country in the world is kind of a big deal.

As an aside, while I'm very much aware that I'm not American, the US Presidential Race is a massive event in the Western world.

People watch the race closely as the decision to elect the leader of the most powerful country in the world is kind of a big deal.

And that, coincidentally, was Donnie's ace in the hole - manipulation of coverage . Knowing full well that if he took advantage of the fact that news and entertainment are bedfellows in the U.S., he couldn't lose the nomination. And he didn't, even with no government or policy expertise and deplorable personal values.

I would be very surprised if our rationale for choosing high office political candidates weren't that much more baffling to the rest of the world now.

Last edited:
In all seriousness, how can the Republicans win the election? Hillary outright dies and Pence replaces Trump?
At this point, yeah.

Or maybe NOW is the time for Paul Ryan to step up and take Pence. All joking aside, that's a ticket I would seriously consider voting for.

At this point, yeah.

Or maybe NOW is the time for Paul Ryan to step up and take Pence. All joking aside, that's a ticket I would seriously consider voting for.

Early voting has already begun (which now makes up about 35% of total votes) so the Republican party is stuck with Donnie the Albatross.

That is, unless Trump voluntarily steps down, of course. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::-/:wall::p:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Or, unless the GOP wants to step into a mind bendingly awful legal minefield. I'd kind of like to see that, actually.

Ballots are printed...but I don't think early voting is going down. I haven't received my ballot from California yet, or maybe their SecState sucks, which I have no doubt. I still can't believe we could have had Webb Vs Rubio/Cruz.

Ballots are printed...but I don't think early voting is going down. I haven't received my ballot from California yet, or maybe their SecState sucks, which I have no doubt. I still can't believe we could have had Webb Vs Rubio/Cruz.

Early voting already happening:

9/23/16 Idaho, Minnesota, South Dakota, Vermont
9/24/16 Maine, Maryland, New Jersey
9/29/16 Illinois, Iowa, North Dakota, Wyoming

What to Know About Early Voting for the 2016 Election

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back