2016 Presidential Race

Status
Not open for further replies.
My question is how can anyone possibly think Donald Trump is a viable candidate for President. He is worse than Clinton in every conceivable way.

It's not a popularity contest. Why are Clinton's policies better than The other candidates and how will her policies improve the lives of Americans and our country overall?

Well for one, the extent of Trump's foreign policy that I am aware of consists of "killing the family members of terrorists". Trump has no experience in government at all. He is thin skinned, divisive, and completely unpredictable. He is clueless on immigration policy as evidenced by his grand idea of building a wall.

He is a climate change denier.

His claim to fame is being a businessman. Has anyone actually bothered to take a look at that stellar business record? I see quite a bit of talk about the Clinton foundation and the APPEARANCE of impropriety yet no mention of the fact that the Trump foundation has actually been suspended. I mean the Clintons do bring heat on themselves by skirting the line, but even partisan fueled witch hunts still can't pin anything on her. Trump on the other hand has been convicted over and over yet gets a complete pass from his voting base.

I mean do I need to go on? This has nothing to do with partisan politics. This is qualified vs not qualified. I disagree with Clinton on many issues, but it is logically impossible to conclude that Donald Trump is qualified to be president.

Well for one, the extent of Trump's foreign policy that I am aware of consists of "killing the family members of terrorists". Trump has no experience in government at all. He is thin skinned, divisive, and completely unpredictable. He is clueless on immigration policy as evidenced by his grand idea of building a wall.

He is a climate change denier.

His claim to fame is being a businessman. Has anyone actually bothered to take a look at that stellar business record? I see quite a bit of talk about the Clinton foundation and the APPEARANCE of impropriety yet no mention of the fact that the Trump foundation has actually been suspended. I mean the Clintons do bring heat on themselves by skirting the line, but even partisan fueled witch hunts still can't pin anything on her. Trump on the other hand has been convicted over and over yet gets a complete pass from his voting base.

I mean do I need to go on? This has nothing to do with partisan politics. This is qualified vs not qualified. I disagree with Clinton on many issues, but it is logically impossible to conclude that Donald Trump is qualified to be president.

If you are judging qualified vs not qualified and calling one candidate one, but not the other, then your metric is, well, wrong. According to the Constitution (and the primary process), Trump is qualified.

RE: the Clinton Foundation and the "appearance" of impropriety...have you seen the news in the past four days?? And as one who has had access to classified material, I find it logically impossible to conclude that Clinton is qualified to be president.

Much of this thread has been dedicated to "proving" how big of a dumpster fire each major party candidate would be as POTUS, @benroliver.

At this point, to say that this sort of debate is a waste of time is a profound understatement. Either candidate could post videos of themselves drowning puppies in buckets of water on their campaign website and the rationalizations and ad hominem fallacies would begin almost immediately.

A photo of three jagoffs in camo was posted on the last page, though, so folks here do still seem to have a sense of humor about things.

Every single one of those is easy to answer. My question is how can anyone possibly think Donald Trump is a viable candidate for President. He is worse than Clinton in every conceivable way.

You didn't answer the questions. As far as being qualified to be president...none of the qualifications have to do with work experience.

You didn't answer the questions. As far as being qualified to be president...none of the qualifications have to do with work experience.

If a reality TV show host with an extensive criminal record came in to my pharmacy looking for a job with no experience I wouldn't have even looked at him for a basic hourly job. So please tell me how that makes him qualified to be president. I mean I have not seen anyone raise a legitimate argument here in support of him other than I hate Clinton or have access to classified material.

I mean everyone loves to talk about Clinton's dishonesty yet its a fact that Trump gets on that stage and lies more than 75% of the time. These candidates are held to completely different standards.

If a reality TV show host with an extensive criminal record came in to my pharmacy looking for a job with no experience I wouldn't have even looked at him for a basic hourly job. So please tell me how that makes him qualified to be president. I mean I have not seen anyone raise a legitimate argument here in support of him other than I hate Clinton or have access to classified material.

I mean everyone loves to talk about Clinton's dishonesty yet its a fact that Trump gets on that stage and lies more than 75% of the time. These candidates are held to completely different standards.

Are you serious? Or are you trolling? I can't tell.....

Assuming you are serious. Article II, Section 1 of the Constitution spells out who is qualified. Or, maybe you are thinking "qualified" should be different from the "standard." Because Trump has met the standard, and constitutionally is qualified.

That's the beauty about politics. Unlike being a brain surgeon or nuclear engineer, there are no pre-qualifying standards aside from those in Art II/Sec 1.

I do agree that the candidates are held to different standards. If Clinton had been under as much scrutiny as Trump, she probably would not have made it this far.

You cannot be serious? I think everyone will freely admit that Trump is an arrogant rich asshole. The same way that we can all agree that the Clinton's are the most corrupt, lawless, full of shit people to ever make it into national politics.

I mean really "dishonesty" she has gone a bit beyond being dishonest. She is being investigated by the FBI for corruption and mishandling of classified material. That we know of anyway, I'm sure there is a shit load more to follow.

"dishonesty" lol come on clown shoe, you're smarter than that.

What is his, "extensive criminal record,"?

Additionally- running a business, balancing a budget, completing projects, these seem like legitimate qualifications for an executive.

Speaking on Hilary, past employment is a very small part of a resume. How well you did, and what you did at those places of employment is what is important.

" exclusive USA TODAY analysis of legal filings across the United States finds that the presumptive Republican presidential nominee and his businesses have been involved in at least 3,500 legal actions in federal and state courts during the past three decades."- * Source linked at bottom of comment.

Well if Clinton is going to be judged by allegations then we can include those as well:

1. Trump is facing a civil lawsuit from a Jane Doe who alleges that Trump raped her in 1994, when she was 13 years old, at parties hosted by the convicted sex offender Jeffrey Epstein, who Trump called a friend. This goes to trial in December.

2. Sued successfully by Jill Hearth for sexual assault. This case was settled for an unannounced sum.

3. The Department of Justice sued Trump and his father Fred in 1973 for housing discrimination at 39 sites around New York. Trump and his father tried to counter sue but eventually payed a settlement.

4. Trump University

5 Tenant intimidation 1981. Trump settled with the Tenants

6 1991 Trump found guilty of conspiring to avoid union pension and benifits for workers. Trump again settled privately.

7 Ivana Trump accused him of Rape in a deposition but didn't want him to be charged

8 He addmited to sexual assault on tape.

9 Pam Bondi pay to play. Found guilty

I mean I can keep going:

* Exclusive: Trump's 3,500 lawsuits unprecedented for a presidential nominee
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/04/06/us/politics/donald-trump-soho-settlement.html
The Many Scandals of Donald Trump: A Cheat Sheet
Trump's Criminal History Should Be Front and Center | Huffington Post
The Top 3 Trump Scandals a Democratic Senate Will Investigate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back