2016 Presidential Race

Status
Not open for further replies.
More leaked emails afoot?? Julian Assange suggested he has plenty of emails left, and will be releasing them. He didn't come out and utter "October surprise," but talked around the idea they may be...impactful. I still have my doubts.

So we're all about price control and a command economy here when it comes to pharmaceuticals here...

If it truly takes $7 to make, that's fine. $600 is a bit outrageous, but when you control the market you set the price. Now, the .gov buys them at $50/per pen, why do they get such a discount? Mylan distributes Epi-Pens to schools for free, that has to come from somewhere.
It'c called a monopoly and that's no different than other monopolies

Free market can only introduce competition if the FDA allows.

The FDA will keep new drugs out of "generic" sales for a number of years, seven I think. The reason is to allow the developer a chance to recoup R&D expenses. Until then, the prices remain "fixed", and somewhat high.

Seeing this thread reminded me of a committee hearing on drug patents and research. I think it was on C-SPAN 27-31 July 2015. The gist of what I remember, is that the woman (short African American lady, mid 50's) who represented the FDA argued that drug manufacturers were playing a game with the drug patenting process.

That these companies, would file patents for a specific mechanisms of an already developed drug. But that as a whole, the mechanism that the company patented was of little to no consequence or importance. Sort of like a legal loophole that they were exploiting to gain leverage over preexisting drug patents. The FDA speaker later went on to say, that the majority of the most valuable patents were under the control of Federal Government (as they were developed by the FDA).

Reason I remember. The camera person taking the shots seemed weirdly concentrated on an Asian female (tall early twenties), who sitting directly behind/above the speakers. She was wearing a short skin tight grey dress; the camera seemed centered around the speaker and the region between the young woman's legs.

Last edited:
Seeing this thread reminded me of a committee hearing on drug patents and research. I think it was on C-SPAN 27-31 July 2015. The gist of what I remember, is that the woman (short African American lady, mid 50's) who represented the FDA argued that drug manufacturers were playing a game with the drug patenting process.

That these companies, would file patents for a specific mechanisms of an already developed drug. But that as a whole, the mechanism that the company patented was of little to no consequence or importance. Sort of like a legal loophole that they were exploiting to gain leverage over preexisting drug patents. The FDA speaker later went on to say, that the majority of the most valuable patents were under the control of Federal Government (as they were developed by the FDA).

Reason I remember. The camera person taking the shots seemed weirdly concentrated on an Asian female (tall early twenties), who sitting directly behind/above the speakers. She was wearing a short skin tight grey dress; the camera seemed centered around the speaker and the region between the young woman's legs.

Photo Journalism at it's finest:rolleyes:.

From a guy who remembers a lot of weird stuff....this is one weird thing to remember.

Also, you watch C-SPAN? I'm not saying you need an intervention, but...:-"
Sorry, I was trying to find the hearing/show and post the clip here. The date I got from my bank records, as that was when I was checked into a hotel and had seen that while flipping through channels.

I'm more of a Cartoon Network and Boomerang type person...

giphy.gif

Thought this was relevant to the discussion here. I recently had a debate with a liberally minded friend that believed, in all seriousness, that the media was conservatively biased. Even given the massive amount of evidence to the contrary. In any event, the article is well written, and if you can look past the fact that it is coming from the Post, it brings up some interesting points. In essence, it looks at an example from the NY Times as having lost all objectivity after having been the standard for relatively unbiased journalism. Enjoy...

American journalism is collapsing before our eyes

Thought this was relevant to the discussion here. I recently had a debate with a liberally minded friend that believed, in all seriousness, that the media was conservatively biased. Even given the massive amount of evidence to the contrary. In any event, the article is well written, and if you can look past the fact that it is coming from the Post, it brings up some interesting points. In essence, it looks at an example from the NY Times as having lost all objectivity after having been the standard for relatively unbiased journalism. Enjoy...

American journalism is collapsing before our eyes

I'm not home, so I can't search my browser history to find the infographic I saw a few days ago, but when you take a look at how many fine, upstanding members of American media are related -- through blood or marriage-- to members of the current administration, the bias tends to reveal itself.

I'm not home, so I can't search my browser history to find the infographic I saw a few days ago, but when you take a look at how many fine, upstanding members of American media are related -- through blood or marriage-- to members of the current administration, the bias tends to reveal itself.
Are you referring to the 6 people that www.breitbart.com names in their short write up? There are a whole a lot of people who work in media and politics in DC, so marriages do happen. The article also hints at some conspiracy between the aforementioned people and their ties to Benghazi, their reason is that they all worked in the White House or State Department and talked about Benghazi. I would take anything that comes from Breitbart with a couple truck loads of salt. Here is the link: CNN, CBS News, ABC News Honchos Have Obama Administration Family Ties - Breitbart

My apologies if you were referring to something else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back