Covid-19

All that shit is gone here now.

Bro, I had GI appt today, large hospital system, refused to wear mask, nothing was said. When I work, I refuse to wear them. I walk into ERs with a pt, half the staff and docs are masks around necks until we show up, masks up. Oh, fuck off. I'll do me.

And that "you're paid to wear a mask" shit, fuck you. I'm paid to save lives and be nice, not to continue a useless show of theatrics with thin masks that have been proven to not work.

So, Maria and I make it out for dinner at Carrabas (Italian) in our AO.

Notice the plexiglass on the booths. Many restaurants do this. No masks in places, though, panic Karen's are still double masking.

My beef? It's like the fucking useless masks. Walk into a place, to the table, past SITTING patrons, to your table, take mask off. Get up, put mask on.

So, did covid learn to stay over 5/6 feet up when you're standing? Did covid learn to not affect you when you're seated? Does covid know not to jump over plexiglass? Did covid affect bars but not restaurants? Did covid affect mom and pop stores but not big box stores?

It's all a fucking joke. Fucking theatrics for the idiot masses.

At least my PCP doc made masks optional at his office, I'm surprised.

View attachment 40675
Plexiglass that high might be a relic from the 80s to be honest. Most of that was meant to give you more "privacy". Anything higher and I'd say leave right away!

So, Maria and I make it out for dinner at Carrabas (Italian) in our AO.

Notice the plexiglass on the booths. Many restaurants do this. No masks in places, though, panic Karen's are still double masking.

My beef? It's like the fucking useless masks. Walk into a place, to the table, past SITTING patrons, to your table, take mask off. Get up, put mask on.

So, did covid learn to stay over 5/6 feet up when you're standing? Did covid learn to not affect you when you're seated? Does covid know not to jump over plexiglass? Did covid affect bars but not restaurants? Did covid affect mom and pop stores but not big box stores?

It's all a fucking joke. Fucking theatrics for the idiot masses.

At least my PCP doc made masks optional at his office, I'm surprised.

View attachment 40675
When I was in college I worked at an Outback, Carrabba's culinary cousin ;) I think those additions are silly for COVID but might actually help with some noise mitigation... our Outback got kind of rowdy from time to time and sometimes got a little hard to hear.

Bro, I had GI appt today, large hospital system, refused to wear mask, nothing was said. When I work, I refuse to wear them. I walk into ERs with a pt, half the staff and docs are masks around necks until we show up, masks up. Oh, fuck off. I'll do me.

And that "you're paid to wear a mask" shit, fuck you. I'm paid to save lives and be nice, not to continue a useless show of theatrics with thin masks that have been proven to not work.

Medical settings of all sorts are the only place masks are necessary. Fuck, some family medical practices, still refuse to see patients in person.

I didn't have to wear a mask in order to walk into a hospital to pick up my prescriptions before COVID, why do I have to do it now?
Because a business/individual can dictate what the rules are in their establishments/homes/buildings etc... If it's a public building then that is dictated by the public entity, it's just like a dress code.
Your freedom of choice is to not enter the building.
That's why I haven't been to a public event recently, because I'm not wearing a mask to do it.

Because a business/individual can dictate what the rules are in their establishments/homes/buildings etc... If it's a public building then that is dictated by the public entity, it's just like a dress code.
That's why I haven't been to a public event recently, because I'm not wearing a mask to do it.

I don't do much public stuff. When I take patients ti the ER, I don't wear one. Many medics in the area no longer do. It's a bit hypocritical when we walk in, the docs and nurses all have masks around their necks until they see us. Yeah, I know it's the hospital and not the individual but I'm done with the theatrics, brother.

I don't do much public stuff. When I take patients ti the ER, I don't wear one. Many medics in the area no longer do. It's a bit hypocritical when we walk in, the docs and nurses all have masks around their necks until they see us. Yeah, I know it's the hospital and not the individual but I'm done with the theatrics, brother.
I hear you and I agree, but if a place says you have to wear it, you have to do it, you know that. It's actually a major reason why I didn't go back to working in the ER, because it's strictly enforced there.

No, private businesses can't dictate their own rules. That's why people keep getting sued over things like not baking a cake.

And "because it's the dress code" doesn't answer the question. If it wasn't required before COVID, why is it now?

No, private businesses can't dictate their own rules. That's why people keep getting sued over things like not baking a cake.

And "because it's the dress code" doesn't answer the question. If it wasn't required before COVID, why is it now?
Are you sure about that? The business isn't refusing service, they're just saying in order to enter my premises I require everyone to dress/behave the way I say, just like shoes or a shirt in a restaurant, and as it's a free country they can change that as much as they like, when they like.
I'm not agreeing with it, but it's a free country and it's their property, your free choice is to enter or not.

I didn't have to wear a mask in order to walk into a hospital to pick up my prescriptions before COVID, why do I have to do it now?
I don't. Leave New York.

If only businesses were allowed to make choices based on science during the pandemic we wouldn't be so fucked as a country and globally. But the liberal medical industrial complex that really was just the deep state and anti-Trump created the worst mental health crisis of a generation.

These government entities took down basketball hoops from parks to keep you inside. (The royal you) And to keep people from being people.

These government entities took down basketball hoops from parks to keep you inside. (The royal you) And to keep people from being people.

And filled skateparks with dirt...

One of the coolest stories during the plandemic was the kids finding these parks filled with dirt and going home to get their dirt bikes. Lemonade.

Last edited:
If only businesses were allowed to make choices based on science during the pandemic we wouldn't be so fucked as a country and globally. But the liberal medical industrial complex that really was just the deep state and anti-Trump created the worst mental health crisis of a generation.

Agreed, it was fucked up and I think the entire world lost their collective minds, if you ever want to convince someone of conspiracy theories, there's your golden paper.
However fucked up the Democrats made things and continued things, I do believe that all started under Trump.

Are you sure about that? The business isn't refusing service, they're just saying in order to enter my premises I require everyone to dress/behave the way I say, just like shoes or a shirt in a restaurant, and as it's a free country they can change that as much as they like, when they like.
I'm not agreeing with it, but it's a free country and it's their property, your free choice is to enter or not.
the cake example: Colorado baker fighting ruling over refusal to make gender transition cake

My hospital is on a military base and I'm still on active duty. There would be severe repercussions for me if I did not comply.

It still does not address the original question, which is why do I have to wear a mask (that has been proven to not work) in a hospital now, when I didn't have to three years ago?

Agreed, it was fucked up and I think the entire world lost their collective minds, if you ever want to convince someone of conspiracy theories, there's your golden paper.
However fucked up the Democrats made things and continued things, I do believe that all started under Trump.
That shit sandwich was a collective effort,
and I dont blame the feds as much as I blame Governors. My Governor, a Republican, tried to follow every word Fauci puked out until state congress basically stripped his power for anything Covid related.

Ohio lawmakers override DeWine veto, pass limits on governor’s coronavirus powers

the cake example: Colorado baker fighting ruling over refusal to make gender transition cake

My hospital is on a military base and I'm still on active duty. There would be severe repercussions for me if I did not comply.

It still does not address the original question, which is why do I have to wear a mask (that has been proven to not work) in a hospital now, when I didn't have to three years ago?
I'm aware of the cake thing, I think the actions against the store were totally unconstitutional but that's not my lane, that said, I don't think that case is really applicable to the mask thing, that store made an on the spot decision on serving that customer, walk into any fancy restaurant (anything other than Denny's is my benchmark here) wearing nothing but a Borat swimsuit and see what they say to you, and as I said before, if they changed that policy yesterday, and reversed it tomorrow, I'd think that would be their right as a privately owned business, they own it.
Your situation is quite different I know, I'm a regular at my local VA and it's the same thing, it's infuriating, and the staff members I talk to feel the same, particularly after the CDC said it was no longer necessary.
As to addressing your original question, let's just say some random officer, maybe nearing retirement, let's also say he (she/they/it/pronoun of choice) was working in something like, well I dunno, a military academy say, decides that uniform of the day on man love thursday, is now PT's with flip flops, and a cadet is all like "Fuck you bro, I didn't have to wear PT's last thursday while engaging in acceptable though questionable activities while wearing flip flops!". Thoughts? (not a case study mind, just thoughts). :-)

Because, it's medical theatrics and optics. The panic Karen's that go to the ERs/hospitals for their perceived emergencies that should be handled via PCP or urgent care will nag and bitch if their RN or MD is not wearing that cloth that the CDC has shown not to work.

Very few folks I know wear properly fitting N95s and I doubt they were fit tested. The last time I was fit tested was over 10 years ago, yet, we wore N95s/greater, still got the plague.

Back