Covid-19

Here in S. Ohio, besides the occasional sighting of someone alone driving a car in a mask for whatever weird reason, you really don't see it at all. My experience is that people really don't talk about it and its almost like it never happened here.
To quote Dave Chappelle- "Among the dusty whites!"

Yeah it's slowly fading up here in Seattle, but as I sit in this airport, there are still about 20% of the people wearing them at any given time. Someone asked me to put a mask on to walk into a random store and I just chuckled and said "No thank you!" and went on about my business.

Lol. Dave Chappelle actually lives right up the road from me.

Back in good ole days, our sheriff and Police chief both went on TV and said " We will not respond to calls about people not wearing masks "

Our state reps also stripped the governor of the power to mandate masks.

We haven't played well with others since day one.

Lol. Dave Chappelle actually lives right up the road from me.

Back in good ole days, our sheriff and Police chief both went on TV and said " We will not respond to calls about people not wearing masks "

Our state reps also stripped the governor of the power to mandate masks.

We haven't played well with others since day one.
Nice. It was definitely wild up here. Happy unintended consequence though- I notice that I smile at WAY more strangers. I find myself doing it a lot.

Because- I didn’t wear a mask at all, unless you were no shit going to cause a scene or pull rank on me or something. So, when people would start to eyeball me, all masked up, I would make it a point to make eye contact and smile as nicely as I could. Really fucks with people. Stopped them from talking to me about it.

Oh wow. I haven’t had that experience. I haven’t worn a mask outside the hospital in quite some time. Since the summer at least.

The city is still business as usual (not masking, but I am still seeing quite a bit), but rather the university and hospital non-clinical spaces. All the clinical areas still require it. Like @amlove21 , I don't wear one and will dead stare into someone's eyes when they give me 'the look.' I do wear one in the hospital, because, you know, it is my job, and sick people (thanks to chemo I have like 3 WBCs circulating). But my building and the non-clinical spaces? Fuhhgetaboutit.

Maybe that's because the majority of the population has had covid, are vaccinated and/or both.
Orrrrrrr (and this is crazy, I know) this untested MRNA shot we did zero human research on is starting to present lots of issues (strokes, cardiomyopathies, severe effects to the immune and reproductive systems) and the cohort most open to these issues are the people that have had the most of the shot. That doesn't work against the illness it's meant to.

Tick, tock. Just gotta wait another couple months and this will all be "facts we always knew" and not "a crazy conspiracy theory".

In regards to masking...
The entity I work for is hard core everyone and everything must mask ( no cloth, homemade crochet, gaiters etc, ONLY medical grade masks) however I have seen doctors walking around like bosses unmasked. I forget mine in the car all the time and get stared at like I am typhoid Mary for the most part when I enter the building. I have had an administrator go out of her way to come to my department to scold us. SMH. Outside in the real world it is a mixed bag here. Some people are masking AND wearing surgical gloves in public :rolleyes: but for the most part Jane and Joe average are completely over that. I have had a recent spate of patients forcing me to see their Covid cards (papers please) with all of their booster points on it like it's some kind of golden ticket. We do not ask or document this in my particular department so I just say "that's really nice but our doctors don't require that". The patient generally looks very butt hurt when I do that.

Dr. Leana Wen slammed after admitting there's been 'overcounting' of COVID deaths: ‘TWO AND A HALF YEARS LATE’

90 percent of patients diagnosed with COVID are actually in the hospital for some other illness."

"If these patients die, COVID might get added to their death certificate along with the other diagnoses. But the coronavirus was not the primary contributor to their death and often played no role at all."

"The Australian" journalist Adam Creighton tweeted, "People saying this a year ago were booted off social media."

Back