Covid-19

A second level 1 trauma system in Philly dropped mandate also. Walked into knife/gun club, no face diapers in sight.

What systems dropped the requirement? I am keeping a list, giving it to our administrators. I am forcing them to rethink their policies. Or at least come up with a good lie to stand by their position.

I think of the entire debacle pandemic, the masks bothered me the most. Not because I had to wear them as much as WHY. Even my non-medical ass knew the masks were BS (a bandana was okay? Really?).

Yet people were crazy about them and remain so to this day. Everything associated with the masks was utter garbage, but we were forced to wear them anyway. Insanity.

I think of the entire debacle pandemic, the masks bothered me the most. Not because I had to wear them as much as WHY. Even my non-medical ass knew the masks were BS (a bandana was okay? Really?).

Yet people were crazy about them and remain so to this day. Everything associated with the masks was utter garbage, but we were forced to wear them anyway. Insanity.

Data is pretty clear about reducing the viral load, with good masks, worn properly, and with distance. So the thing wasn't that it would prevent anything from spreading, but lessen the severity of what was spread. But the issues were many and multiple: how much viral load was reduced? What was the best 'distance'? What type of mask? Were masks work by everyone, all the time?

So the idea is not without merit. The problem was the bandana, as you eloquently stated, and all the other pseudo-masks, and people not wearing masks correctly, and the disparity of who would and would not wear them. There was no meaningful way to actually either really study how well they worked over time, nor enforce it.

To be certain I was and am anti-mask; the data also show that the juice isn't necessarily worth the squeeze. Nonetheless, that should be MY decision based on MY healthcare needs and MY perceptions, and NOT the government to mandate based on 'science' which never moved at the speed of the information coming out and was usually politicized.

Data is pretty clear about reducing the viral load, with good masks, worn properly, and with distance. So the thing wasn't that it would prevent anything from spreading, but lessen the severity of what was spread. But the issues were many and multiple: how much viral load was reduced? What was the best 'distance'? What type of mask? Were masks work by everyone, all the time?

So the idea is not without merit. The problem was the bandana, as you eloquently stated, and all the other pseudo-masks, and people not wearing masks correctly, and the disparity of who would and would not wear them. There was no meaningful way to actually either really study how well they worked over time, nor enforce it.

To be certain I was and am anti-mask; the data also show that the juice isn't necessarily worth the squeeze. Nonetheless, that should be MY decision based on MY healthcare needs and MY perceptions, and NOT the government to mandate based on 'science' which never moved at the speed of the information coming out and was usually politicized.
Which data is that? I thought the most current research showed unambiguously that the masks most people used, and social distance, were ineffective. Asking because I'm curious, not challenging.

What systems dropped the requirement? I am keeping a list, giving it to our administrators. I am forcing them to rethink their policies. Or at least come up with a good lie to stand by their position.

Thomas Jefferson University Hospital in Philly and associated suburban hospitals under that name (Abington, Lansdale, Jefferson Bucks).

Albert Einstein medical system in Philly and surrounding communities (Einstein Montgomery).

I haven't heard on the other big 2 (Temple and Penn Presbyterian) both in Philly. Maybe @policemedic cab elaborate on the second one, being his PD local.

To add to @Devildoc regarding masks: the only masks proven to be any good at preventing stuff were N95 and higher with the caveat; THEY MUST BE PROPERLY FIT TESTED! Most were not fit tested ever, the last time I was, was 5 years prior to the plandemic.

So, even then, N95s are not designed to be worn, over and over again, yet, they were. We were advised to cover them with a surgical mask and store N95s in a brown paper bag or kill it after wearing it with UV light.

So, in my case, I wore a P100, religiously for first year, since, we didn't know what it was. Work, home, stated away from family, I STILL GOT THE PLAGUE.

Stopped wearing P100s, too uncomfortable. Went to N95. STILL GOT SICK for second time, AFTER GETTING 1st/second jab.

I refused booster, I refused to wear masks 2 years ago. I've been fine.

I echo @AWP on his thoughts. My issue like others were, that we were bastardized for not wearing em, called plague rats and so on.

Fuck you. I stopped wearing em, partially as a resistance, partly to trigger the mask nazis, which I did, alot.

The Chrocane paper clearly dictates all of this. Lord Fauci, our savior floundered. You can't convince me otherwise that this was a test and in general, we failed. He allowed the giant cock of government to fuck our anuses dry and we'll do it again.

Which data is that? I thought the most current research showed unambiguously that the masks most people used, and social distance, were ineffective. Asking because I'm curious, not challenging.

There are a few articles. When I get a hot sec I can get some info for you. A couple fairly recent are still very much pro (Face Masking and COVID-19: Potential Affects of Variolation on Transmission Dynamics, Levine & Earn, May/2022), and Masking significantly reduces, but does not eliminate COVID-19 infection in a spatial agent-based simulation of a university dormitory floor, McPeck & Magori, Sept/2021; a handful of others I can find.

It is true that most of the really strong proponents and articles were 2020/2021 timeframe. I will go deeper in pubmed to see what's more recent.

Masks reducing viral load isn't ambiguous, at all. There is, however, ambiguity about how much the reduction is, and whether it's enough to offset any statistically significance in getting/spreading covid or how severely.

I have always been of the thought that if makes you (not 'you' you but the royal 'you') feel better, do it. I don't care; individual liberty and all. But don't force it, and don't proclaim judgments on those who choose to not wear masks.

To add to @Devildoc regarding masks: the only masks proven to be any good at preventing stuff were N95 and higher with the caveat; THEY MUST BE PROPERLY FIT TESTED! Most were not fit tested ever, the last time I was, was 5 years prior to the plandemic.

So, even then, N95s are not designed to be worn, over and over again, yet, they were. We were advised to cover them with a surgical mask and store N95s in a brown paper bag or kill it after wearing it with UV light.

So, in my case, I wore a P100, religiously for first year, since, we didn't know what it was. Work, home, stated away from family, I STILL GOT THE PLAGUE.

Stopped wearing P100s, too uncomfortable. Went to N95. STILL GOT SICK for second time, AFTER GETTING 1st/second jab.

I refused booster, I refused to wear masks 2 years ago. I've been fine.

I echo @AWP on his thoughts. My issue like others were, that we were bastardized for not wearing em, called plague rats and so on.

Fuck you. I stopped wearing em, partially as a resistance, partly to trigger the mask nazis, which I did, alot.

The Chrocane paper clearly dictates all of this. Lord Fauci, our savior floundered. You can't convince me otherwise that this was a test and in general, we failed. He allowed the giant cock of government to fuck our anuses dry and we'll do it again.

I want to unpack this a little bit.

RE: mask type, I believe this to be true. Whether they could be used repeatedly, there was nothing that said they could not be. They are disposable, so the assumption is they shouldn't be. Whether they retain effectiveness after repeated use with disinfection I do not know.

A lot of Cochrane stuff I like, some of it is, ah, dubious. The anti-mask crowd is just as bad as the pro-mask crowd with cherry-picking info to back their side.

See my previous posts about wearing vs not and the judgy, snide bullshit for those of us who don't want to wear them. If people want to wear them out of concern for their health or some sort of misplaced moral superiority, I don't care. Just leave me alone to not wear them, and don't judge me because I choose to not wear one.

I never got a vaccine. I will not get a vaccine.

Thomas Jefferson University Hospital in Philly and associated suburban hospitals under that name (Abington, Lansdale, Jefferson Bucks).

Albert Einstein medical system in Philly and surrounding communities (Einstein Montgomery).

I haven't heard on the other big 2 (Temple and Penn Presbyterian) both in Philly. Maybe @policemedic cab elaborate on the second one, being his PD local.

This is the Penn Medicine policy for all UPHS hospitals as of 15MAY:

In accordance with government regulations, as of Monday, May 15, masking is optional for patients without respiratory symptoms, with some important exceptions, in all Penn Medicine facilities. The exceptions are outlined below.

Patients who have respiratory symptoms must wear a mask. Visitors with respiratory symptoms are not allowed to enter any facility, even with a mask.

Masking is required for patients and visitors age 2 and older in:

• Emergency department and urgent care waiting rooms
  • Dedicated oncology, radiation oncology, and transplant clinics
  • Infusion centers
We encourage patients who are immunocompromised to continue to wear masks in all of our facilities. If you would like your healthcare team to wear masks, you can request for them to do so.

In accordance with government regulations, as of Monday, May 15, masking is optional for patients without respiratory symptoms, with some important exceptions, in all Penn Medicine facilities. The exceptions are outlined below.

Patients who have respiratory symptoms must wear a mask. Visitors with respiratory symptoms are not allowed to enter any facility, even with a mask.

• Infusion centers
We encourage patients who are immunocompromised to continue to wear masks in all of our facilities. If you would like your healthcare team to wear masks, you can request for them to do so.

The masking policy in onc/rad onc/tx/infusion was there in most places before COVID. For that population, it's a good idea. They have, like, one WBC floating around (ask me how I know....).

I think we'll see places like the ED/UC drop after a while.

• Infusion centers

The age is what gets me. Have they ever spent time trying to keep a mask on a 2 year old? It's impossible with my 5 year old.

We are still masking in all inpatient and clinical areas, as is UNC Hospitals down the road. The other big hospital of "The Big 3" (Wake Med in Raleigh, us, and UNC; we're within 30 miles of one another) has dropped the requirement I heard. In what areas/capacities I do not know. Invariably when one of The Big 3 does something, the others follow, so we'll see.

A lot of stuff in here from Gorsuch that is great. Sadly the court wouldn't compel the government to keep Title 42 in place. I also don't think we need Title 42 in place for Brandon/Byron to do his job as the elected leader and enforce our immigration laws. Just like gun laws, enforce the actual immigration laws instead of being a woke piece of fly dung and we would have less issues.

https://www.supremecourt.gov/opinions/22pdf/22-592_5hd5.pdf

Wait, after this surgeon general promoted lockdowns in Pennsylvania they are stating loneliness is an epidemic?

We haven't even begun to see the real toll of COVID-19. And it wasn't the people with comorbidities that were already on the path to death that are the true cost. Wonder how bad suicide rates will climb?

Back