Election Day and Results

Status
Not open for further replies.
Somebody out in Berkeley or somewhere burned a giant paper mache effigy of Trump's head. I mean, who has time to build a giant paper mache head???

I'm loving the compilations of crying, sobbing, snot & drool faced voters.

I'm loving what these people must be feeling after their continuous (at every stage of the way) denial that Trump could ever be President.

A fat fuck like Michael Moore managed to figure this out (though he did not endorse him -- quite the contrary). And yet they, along with all the experts and intelligentsia, couldn't.

And they still don't understand that they created a situation where someone like Donald Fucking Trump was electable!

I think this comment sums up people's indignant and repugnant reactions all over social media right now:

N5s0BzB.jpg

Last edited:
Yet one more reason I love this country and the systems we have in place. Election is over, name calling is over, we move on.

Everyone.

In a cordial beginning to their transfer of power, President Barack Obama and President-elect Donald Trump met at the White House Thursday.

'Excellent' first meeting for Obama, Trump

1A88998E-4B42-49A6-AC64-395F39446BE1_zps5gi6y0fk.jpg

Looks like he's ready to set an example of acceptable behavior and I hope his adherents take note.

In any event where there are two sides competing, there is a winner and a loser. No different for POTUS.

People need to grow up and move on. If there is one trait that I can't stand, it's sore, wimpy, whining, losers.

Grow up and move on!

I agree to a point. Whether you agree or not, to many people this election was about more than policy. To many this election was a trial for whether or not such an apparently shitty human being would be elected. The things Trump said hurt many people. To those people his election was an affirmation by Americans that what he said was ok. To victims of assault, to certain minority groups, and to many women, this was seen as an assault on them personally.

It is hard to tell those people to just grow up and move on. I do think that moving on is necessary, and I have done just that. To be perfectly honest the actions of the president have almost no impact on my day to day life, or at least they haven't thus far. Hopefully that continues.

I'm loving what these people must be feeling after their continuous (at every stage of the way) denial that Trump could ever be President.

A fat fuck like Michael Moore managed to figure this out (though he did not endorse him -- quite the contrary). And yet they, along with all the experts and intelligentsia, couldn't.

And they still don't understand that they created a situation where someone like Donald Fucking Trump was electable!

I think this comment sums up people's indignant and repugnant reactions all over social media right now:

N5s0BzB.jpg
I posted that video yesterday. Welcome to the thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
To be perfectly honest the actions of the president have almost no impact on my day to day life, or at least they haven't thus far. Hopefully that continues.

I agree. The crux of what I was trying to say -- in my own way -- was what you conveyed in the above quoted portion of your post.

HRC did a lot that I completely disagreed with, yet, had she been elected, I would go on as I always have. They both said things that were hurtful to many people and everyone -- on both sides -- simply have to move on if they truly want things to get better.

I am a huge supporter of protests...as it is our right to do so. I simply don't like or agree with rioting for riotings sake. Hopefully, this post is understandable and the point I am trying to convey is at least somewhat clear.

Any wall won't slow down the drug trade very much or at all.

"Mules" are literally rucking bags of high grade weed and X across the border!

if the American people knew what went on in the greater CENTCOM AOR they would riot in the streets.

Do you think a new kind of CINC will empower his military leaders so that stops?

In @Ooh-Rah 's pic, did anyone notice how small Trump's hands look?

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree to a point. Whether you agree or not, to many people this election was about more than policy. To many this election was a trial for whether or not such an apparently shitty human being would be elected. The things Trump said hurt many people. To those people his election was an affirmation by Americans that what he said was ok. To victims of assault, to certain minority groups, and to many women, this was seen as an assault on them personally.

It is hard to tell those people to just grow up and move on. I do think that moving on is necessary, and I have done just that. To be perfectly honest the actions of the president have almost no impact on my day to day life, or at least they haven't thus far. Hopefully that continues.
Hillary and POTUS seemed to spare no kindness towards people they disagreed with.

White House staff look on as Obama greets Trump. Now I'm no expert on body language but...
IMG_5797.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back