Feds

Unfortunately, I think just about every US institution has been captured by the left and weaponized against the right.
Agreed. The left has played the long game and are now seeing the fruits of their labor. Hell, conservative's biggest ally, the NRA has even been mostly silenced by the left's capturing of all those institutions.

Agreed. The left has played the long game and are now seeing the fruits of their labor. Hell, conservative's biggest ally, the NRA has even been mostly silenced by the left's capturing of all those institutions.

At best, the NRA is about 20 years behind the times, if not more.

At worst, I won't even attempt to dispute your post.

Just outta curiosity, has leadership changed within the IRS? Cause a while ago there were some pretty blatant abuses of power stemming from individuals in the IRS targeting conservative groups.

Considering how our intelligence apparatus has become rather corrupt and political motivated, many Americans are skeevy of these groups within the govt.

I can’t speak to that. As far as I know, that targeting came from elsewhere within the agency. That said, I’m not a revenooer.

Huh... guess the Feds were drugging housewives at VA hospitals. O_o

I can’t speak to that. As far as I know, that targeting came from elsewhere within the agency. That said, I’m not a revenooer.
That's kinda concerning :D.

It's an easier way to implement communism.
I've heard commies ain't people. So it'll all be good.

True, but also irrelevant. Conspiracy doesn't require physical presence.
Also true, but his time doesn't fit the crime, especially in context of other crimes.

I'm not of the viewpoint that Jan 6 was any sort of serious "insurrection". It's somewhat absurd to categorize it as such, especially given some of the video and information that has come to light over the past several months. There were some people, but not most, who clearly crossed the line from a "simple" protest and they need to be held accountable, up to and including some jail time (ex. assaulting a police officer).

However, most of the sentences we're seeing doled out are significantly out of line.

Much more significant threats to our nation have been posed the past few years, including the BLM riots in 2020 and threats against our SCOTUS justices, most of which have largely gone unpunished and no federal charges.

I see most of these January 6th proceedings as nothing more than political retribution.

Also true, but his time doesn't fit the crime, especially in context of other crimes.

I'm not of the viewpoint that Jan 6 was any sort of serious "insurrection". It's somewhat absurd to categorize it as such, especially given some of the video and information that has come to light over the past several months. There were some people, but not most, who clearly crossed the line from a "simple" protest and they need to be held accountable, up to and including some jail time (ex. assaulting a police officer).

However, most of the sentences we're seeing doled out are significantly out of line.

Much more significant threats to our nation have been posed the past few years, including the BLM riots in 2020 and threats against our SCOTUS justices, most of which have largely gone unpunished and no federal charges.

I see most of these January 6th proceedings as nothing more than political retribution.

I won't even concede that it was a riot. A peaceful protest? Illegal trespassing? I could go with those.

This isn't accurate. He was sentenced to 22 years.
Not sure what's not accurate about it. His crime is what? One of thought? This is some whataboutery, but if this dude gets 22 years Byron gets arrested tomorrow for his crimes and get tried with his shit bird son on national tv. But we know that will never happen and he will never face justice. But we're putting people away for ten years for traipsing in the Capital? Yeesh.

Not sure what's not accurate about it. His crime is what? One of thought? This is some whataboutery, but if this dude gets 22 years Byron gets arrested tomorrow for his crimes and get tried with his shit bird son on national tv. But we know that will never happen and he will never face justice. But we're putting people away for ten years for traipsing in the Capital? Yeesh.

It was originally reported he would get 33 years, I believe?

This isnt about the punishment - its about the message being sent
do as you are fucking told
or else

Its also about Trump. If you don't convict someone for actually commiting a crime, you can't really blame Trump for inciting one.

I've not forgotten these comments from Schumer c. 2017, a very early warning to Trump and, in my view, anyone who challenges the establishment.

Schumer: Trump 'being really dumb' on intel

Last edited:
I'm not of the viewpoint that Jan 6 was any sort of serious "insurrection".
It's somewhat absurd to categorize it as such, especially given some of the video and information that has come to light over the past several months. There were some people, but not most, who clearly crossed the line from a "simple" protest and they need to be held accountable, up to and including some jail time (ex. assaulting a police officer).

"Much more significant threats" compared to this?!:

... Please, please show and explain to us where these "much more significant" threats are in a way that justifies isolationist primary concerns..

Last edited:
Back