Females in Ranger School

Even if they pass all the PT standards and all, won't it be a problem when they will simply not get Selected by the cadre that runs SFAS/RASP/RS/GP/whatever?
Will it only be a matter of time when they will demand female instructors to do the selecting, to make sure it's all 'equal' ?

Well being a female DS, I was worse on the female wannabees because I wanted to minimize the sorry ones getting through and expected and demanded more out of females than the males. When I was training for my school, that cycles females were inspired because on the final graduation PT test we had the best PT scores for females that BDE made us give another one with BDE CSM and Commander observing to make sure we weren't inflating the scores. Over 60% ( about 30 pvts) of our females passed the male standards for BCT which is 50 points in each event.

My case in point is no matter what happens we still need to separate the wheat from the chaff. I say if they want a gound pounder job make it part of the pipeline to be able to pass Ranger school. I would not take part in any school that was dumbed down just because they allowed females to go, it then minimizes everything that those before us accomplished and begins to undermine any female that makes it.

Wasn't there a thread about how Ranger school wasn't what it once was, that it is more of a leadership school than anything else.

oh BTW thanks for taking care of "future leader", I was getting quite aggitated reading his horse shit.

Here's a funny little "item" that goes with allowing women into SOF or combat of any sort.

As of this writing you would be investigated for an EO complaint for calling her a "hard little badass"......huh-uh, oh-no. ...counseling statement, sign here - Block 12, and don't let it happen again. Now you look like a putz in front of the command and she gets promoted, and all for what once was considered a great compliment.

I should know.....I mentioned to someone in a totally different company that a co-worker, yes, in a combat zone, was a "stateside 10". Now, to anyone who knows what a "stateside1" is, a 10 is exactly what it says.....a 10....sign here -----> Block 12. Don't let it happen again..... :thumbsdown::wall:

So now the Infantry and SOF have to tiptoe on eggshells around women in the foxhole as well as be prepared to carry the wounded women out because the woman can't carry the wounded man out....makes total sense to me....:wall:

Not a fan.

2c

I once told a WM friend that she had "big brass ovaries". :ROFLMAO:

I think it's kinda funny, because almost everyday somebody makes a comment about me having the dick in the company...if you don't know I'm a girl. Most women that are in a male dominated mos take that shit in stride. I take it as a compliment. It's not a job for everyone but that's why basic training needs to be harder, and I think that maybe how we let people choose their jobs across the Army needs to change, that way we can get the best person for that particular job.

I think it's kinda funny, because almost everyday somebody makes a comment about me having the dick in the company...if you don't know I'm a girl. Most women that are in a male dominated mos take that shit in stride. I take it as a compliment. It's not a job for everyone but that's why basic training needs to be harder, and I think that maybe how we let people choose their jobs across the Army needs to change, that way we can get the best person for that particular job.

Couldn't agree more! I think it was Military Times reported that well over 1,000 Soldiers had been discharged in 2012 for weight problems. This was part of "attrition" that Gen Odierno talked about in reducing the size of the force. There is most certainly a need for reform and that should probably start by enforcing the standards we currently have!

Pretty much like I said in the “women in combat arms” thread. The only way to put all this to rest is to keep the standards the same and allow them to try. If they can make the cut, nobody has anything to bitch about regarding physically capabilities. However, if they fail, if they cannot meet the standards, the buck stops there. Do I think women in the Infantry or SOF is a good idea? Absolutely not, it is completely absurd and a waste of time and money to study something so stupid. A majority of the males can't pass Infantry OSUT, and what is the attrition rate for Ranger school? Some of the best soldiers in the Army (physically capable, tactically proficient, ect) have failed ranger school. I mean really, we want to throw science out the window and say they are just as capable, okay whatever. This book will never be closed until they get the opportunity, so fuck it let them have at it. Good luck, if they make it, good for them, and if they fail, STFU about it and focus on something that will help the Army.

$0.02

rangersch_zpscea704ae.jpg

Couldn't agree more! I think it was Military Times reported that well over 1,000 Soldiers had been discharged in 2012 for weight problems.

If they discharged those who are actually overweight, Bagram would see a net reduction of about 10% of its personnel. 1k overweight soldiers is a drop in the bucket and I'd hope the Army doesn't try to drag that out as an example of "upholding the standard."

If they discharged those who are actually overweight, Bagram would see a net reduction of about 10% of its personnel. 1k overweight soldiers is a drop in the bucket and I'd hope the Army doesn't try to drag that out as an example of "upholding the standard."

:ROFLMAO:You got that right sir!

Saw firsthand how the standards are not being applied across the board. ALO slots are now open to females. There are currently two females at the TACP Schoolhouse. A LT who passed the FTX on her second attempt and is in the final block of training, and a Captain who failed the FTX twice. Now, you are supposed to be eliminated from training if you fail twice at the FTX. You are washed back once and if you fail again you are gone. A male LT also recently failed twice. He is gone. The female Captain was washed back a second time in order to have a THIRD attempt at the FTX. Neither of her failures had anything to do with medical reasons, or other extenuating circumstances. She just failed, but is still being given another opportunity.

Saw firsthand how the standards are not being applied across the board. ALO slots are now open to females. There are currently two females at the TACP Schoolhouse. A LT who passed the FTX on her second attempt and is in the final block of training, and a Captain who failed the FTX twice. Now, you are supposed to be eliminated from training if you fail twice at the FTX. You are washed back once and if you fail again you are gone. A male LT also recently failed twice. He is gone. The female Captain was washed back a second time in order to have a THIRD attempt at the FTX. Neither of her failures had anything to do with medical reasons, or other extenuating circumstances. She just failed, but is still being given another opportunity.

Saw something similiar a few years back at Airborne School. One of the Black Hats pulled a female out of training because she just couldn't correctly perform a PLF. They put her on the back of the truck and she started screaming "I wanna be Airborne sergeant" over and over again until he yelled at her to keep her bearing. She was back the next day.

Back