FOOD THREAD 1

I made meatballs and mushrooms. I used to actually cook, however, this is not that. The meatballs I bought prepared, and baked. For the mushrooms, I used olive oil, salt and pepper and baked at 375 for the last 10 minutes with the meatballs. It looks like this meal is halfway prepared, but I'm going to eat it like this with a fork because, why not. View attachment 33583
Cook what else you got to do

? Tell me more?
The key to many Chinese dishes is a good black vinegar, which is One of the "four famous vinegars of China". I use Soeos Chinkiang Vinegar, Chinese Black Vinegar, Zhenjiang Vinegar which is both high quality and surprisingly affordable. It is a MUST have for us.

Here is a description and a breakdown of how it's made:
Chinkiang vinegar (Zhenjiang vinegar, 镇江香醋) is a type of Chinese black vinegar. It is made from various grains and is aged until the color turns dark brown or inky black. Rich, pungent, and tart flavor, sometimes with a hint of sweetness. It has a fermented malty taste and woody character that distinguish it from the light colored and fruity rice vinegar. It has a fermented malty taste and woody character that distinguish it from the light colored and fruity rice vinegar.

We took the easy way out for dinner today and made a double batch of crockpot chicken and gravy. Add some mashed potatoes, a toasted croissant, and some veggies and... YUM!

chicken%20and%20gravy.jpg

This thread has been vicious in the last couple of days.

Beautiful food being prepared out there....

On another hand, nothing works as quite that strong motivation to come back from places safe and well as a good awaiting hot meal home, and posted up ideas save exhausted working people decision fatique of what to make, now, if having to cook it themselves. ;)

Lent is long over. Time for glorious pork on Friday.
Spare ribs and baby back ribs spiced up. Going to bake for a couple hours in foil, then finish on grill.

#meatsfordays
View attachment 33796View attachment 33797View attachment 33798

Nice.....we're on meat lock down here. I got 3 lbs of turkey yesterday and you'd thought I was robbing the place......

:ROFLMAO: O_o

Have you tried the 2-2 method? My next ribs....if I dont get arrested....

:thumbsup: ;-)

Basted with the peach sauce, some leftover BBQ sauce from a previous venture, and waiting On the Delicata squash.

Attachments

• 5629E705-AB8D-4970-A0A2-EB6BA3AC41F8.jpeg
    5629E705-AB8D-4970-A0A2-EB6BA3AC41F8.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 2
  • 459B33D3-2060-407C-9251-85FA934DED42.jpeg
    459B33D3-2060-407C-9251-85FA934DED42.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 1
  • A1AB6A0D-EB93-468C-9AB4-0F1AD22A5CA7.jpeg
    A1AB6A0D-EB93-468C-9AB4-0F1AD22A5CA7.jpeg
    4 MB · Views: 1
Back