FOOD THREAD 1

“First” Instapot dinner last night.
rack of Baby Backs, rubbed with sea salt, peppercorn, and brown sugar.

Poured some wine, scotch, and apple juice in and let it go for 28
minutes. I used the riser and simply wrapped the meat around the inside of the pot.

be sure to remove the membrane (with a blue shop towel you can pretty much peel it off) and trim the fat; these can be SUPER fatty.

Slow steam release for 15 minutes.

Pull the ribs and layout on platter. Mix the “juices” into a bowl with your favorite BBQ sauce and layer the sauce on with a brush.

let rest 20 minutes.

after 20 minutes, sear, reheat the ribs on the grill over med heat. I went about 2 minutes per side and then let sit on the grill for 5 minutes under indirect heat.

Falloff the bone delicious 😋

Nice first insta-pot dish! I’ll try this next! I’ve been hankering for ribs since I ate then two days ago hahaha.

Everything.

How top cook good tasting but healthy chicken and steaks on the grill.
I Sous Vide and a Blackstone griddle. Chicken I usually marinate. zesty Italia, or any store bought marinate. Dry rubs I use tajin, Jack Daniel’s Chicken Rub. if I am cooking chicken right on the griddle and not using the Sous Vide first, I only use chicken strips. Chicken breasts are a bitch to cook on a grill. You go from 2 inch down quarter of an inch and trying not burn one end while cooking the other end all the way through. If I want breasts I Sous Vide them to 165 then take them out of the bag and brown them on the griddle. How do you like your steaks cooked? If you say well done this conversation over 😂

I Sous Vide and a Blackstone griddle. Chicken I usually marinate. zesty Italia, or any store bought marinate. Dry rubs I use tajin, Jack Daniel’s Chicken Rub. if I am cooking chicken right on the griddle and not using the Sous Vide first, I only use chicken strips. Chicken breasts are a bitch to cook on a grill. You go from 2 inch down quarter of an inch and trying not burn one end while cooking the other end all the way through. If I want breasts I Sous Vide them to 165 then take them out of the bag and brown them on the griddle. How do you like your steaks cooked? If you say well done this conversation over 😂

Medium

1: Taco
2: Smash Burgers
3: Tuna with fresh veggies in a soy and ginger mix
4: mozzarella, pepperoni, Parmesan
5: Pasta with homemade cheese sauce
6: Prime Rib steak
7: a row of wieners for the Marines
If you notice most of it is Keto. If it has a carb. Pasta I made it for someone else

Back