FOOD THREAD 1

Still in there. Going on 10 hours still sitting at 146, so probably another 6 hours or so left. In hindsight I should have smoked this tomorrow but I got too excited to try it out. I did just adjust the heat up to 250 to help out some. Using Apple pellets and I'm shocked at how much it burns through. I'll use an entire bag for this cook.

Came off the smoker at 4am. I wrapped until 7 and forgot to grab any pictures. It's super moist and tender. The flavor though is a bit off. I'm thinking that 45 minutes of preburn wasn't long enough to remove all the oils or whatever else was in there.

For those on Keto what is the grocery bill like versus a typical SAD? Thinking about switching for a few months to see how it affects me not to mention majority of my family is type 2.

It would only be me doing this.

For those on Keto what is the grocery bill like versus a typical SAD? Thinking about switching for a few months to see how it affects me not to mention majority of my family is type 2.

I didn’t keep track but it felt good to spend my $$ on fresher food instead of snacks. If you so keto baking, the flours and sweeteners are about 25% more expensive (I haven’t had a drink in two years so booze wasn’t an expense anymore).

I don’t know what SAD is but I have been doing keto sense last August. That is when I found out I was type 2. I say we talk PM or off line to not derail this thread. I can send you my digits if you want to text. I can also send you recipe. Keto can be tough, I do less than 30 carbs a day and reversed my diabetes in 3 month.

So I swore off beef, a while back, as had too much of it... but this got me right salivating.

May I ask for a recipe? :)
Can you buy american products online and have it delivered? If not, this may be you best bet then because what you saw is what I used. But getting that Campbell's slow cooker beef stew mix may be an actual challenge.

Slow Cooker Hearty Beef Stew Recipe | Campbell's Kitchen

Link to the actual stew sauce packets on Amazon if you have any friends here in the states willing to buy and ship a box of love to you overseas.

Amazon.com : Campbell's Slow Cooker Sauces Beef Stew, 12 oz. Pouch (Pack of 6) : Grocery & Gourmet Food

Back