FOOD THREAD 1

How much time do you have? Are you in a rush? I smoke everything or cook it low and slow...then at the end reverse sear it.
You can do that a few ways, but here is one for each method of grill:

Charcoal

Gas

I've spent the last 30 years grilling, from the time I was super young thru the barracks years getting in trouble for some reason for having a grill for SGT's time to early marriage til now. I have made so many mistakes but I'm not afraid to just wing it and try something and mend my wounds to get better. I can't find the right video, but here is another one of Aaron's videos.

Watch them all when you get time, not for the Smoking tips although those are EPIC since he might be the GOAT...but one of his videos he says "you have to make mistakes to get good!" I've made enough to be the worlds best cook..(I'm not obviously but I've messed up a lot). This is what has landed me on my current low and slow or Smoking plan then last minute Burn it down....LOL!!!!

Advice - Use oil and rub, keep track of the mistakes you make and you can even go as far as making a log for times....ie this steak took me 25 minutes per side or 3 beers. Buy a thermometer and throw it in the fattest thing you are making......there are really nice ones, but this is the Thermometer that I have:

MEATER +

Good luck!!!

:ROFLMAO: 8-) O_o ;-)

I have some time to prep on weekends or the night before.

We made a bolognese sauce tonight.

579S0yb.jpg

SQDvxdP.jpg

OfTGZUY.jpg

I used to eat my steak blue or rare but I go for medium rare these days. I don't tend to eat a lot of beef anymore because it's getting expensive. I love pork though. Pork all day.

Back