FOOD THREAD 1

epic fail... huge huge breach of chefliness... this is not a video thread, unless you are filming yourself cooking something awesome.
471b3ab2ac0a949eefb373353190bba1.png

I did not make this but I am tearing up stuffed cherry peppers. Stuffed with proscioutto and sharp provolone. Fucking banging. Funny thing is...I hated Italian food before I met Kim and then Kim turned me on to all kinds of good stuff. Homemade gravy. NOMNOMNOM. In Philly, we have DiBruno Brothers. It is an Italian deli / cheese and pasta place in the heart of South Philly (Italian Market). Kim and I went there a lot but I will never go there again w/o Kim.

F.M.

I did not make this but I am tearing up stuffed cherry peppers. Stuffed with proscioutto and sharp provolone. Fucking banging. Funny thing is...I hated Italian food before I met Kim and then Kim turned me on to all kinds of good stuff. Homemade gravy. NOMNOMNOM. In Philly, we have DiBruno Brothers. It is an Italian deli / cheese and pasta place in the heart of South Philly (Italian Market). Kim and I went there a lot but I will never go there again w/o Kim.

F.M.

Stop depriving yourself, she'd kick your ass for this.

Been too busy with end of Summer fun to do a lot of cooking except I made some "sea turtle eggs for a faculty luncheon last week (I'll post those later). Today decided to break out the BGE again and do up a stuffed pork lion. My Sous-chef (Mrs Parallel) prepared it so quickly that there are no pics of the prep but it was rather simple anyways.

Pork loin stuffed with sliced apples and brown sugar, rubbed with Dizzy Pig Raging River spice rub.
AppleandBrownSugarStuffedPorkLoin_Prepped_zps5569ac39.jpg

Then onto the Big Green Egg at 350° indirect with a handful of apple wood providing smoke.
AppleandBrownSugarStuffedPorkLoin_NearlyDone_zps2512872e.jpg

Pulled at 140° internal temp and allowed to rest for five minutes.
AppleandBrownSugarStuffedPorkLoin_Resting_zps3297efa0.jpg

Next time we're going to used dehydrated apple slices as the moisture from the fresh apple slices made the brown sugar turn to syrup. It wasn't bad, it just wasn't the desired outcome which was to be a sweet, chunky homemade applesauce in the middle of juicy, slightly maple flavored and spicy pork. It still tasted very good, but I was looking for some bubbly caramelized brown sugar that never happened.
AppleandBrownSugarStuffedPorkLoin_Sliced_zps41dcf8a6.jpg
A

Last edited:
Back