Gaming thread

Just beat a man to death with an electrified police baton and then survived a 200' fall into a river. My laptop doesn't meet the minimum specs and it still runs if I dial down the graphics.

Dying Light FTW.

Been enjoying 7 Days to Die lately (alpha on Steam). FPS Zombie/base defense game. I like that the focus is on the zombies rather than PvP with a few zombies thrown in like DayZ. 7DTD the zombies are a real threat and will beat you down with random hordes that can run up to several hundred zeds per player in the area. Every seventh day there is a major horde that has figured out where you live and comes for you. On the seventh of those hordes (there's more each time), I had 600+ zombies just for me. They zerg rush you and different types have different abilities, you have to have a solid layered defense if you want to survive...and you only had 7 days to build/rebuild it (about half an hour of game time per day + 10 minutes of game time per night). Oh, and they have a map mode where there are no boundaries, it's completely random and you can just keep running in one direction forever.

Mining, building, scavenging, exploring and mad zombie killing fun. It's worth the cash IMO.

Elite Dangerous.

Trade, Explore, Fight... all in a replication of the milky way, to include all the stars. ALL OF THEM. Doing exploration, your name is indelibly marked on the game because YOU discovered that system and what it had.

This is my Cobra Mk3. Good little ship, useful for lots of things.

05736927c2.jpg

This.... This is the USS Rusty Bucket. My Python class ship. One of the top 3 "make things dead" ships in the game, yet still has space for cargo.
3a8423c869.jpg

A small interior look.
3e51188eec.jpg
b555cc06f3.jpg
5f77f3b01c.jpg

See you out there, hopefully. PM me if you're playing.

a4dc19ffd5.jpg

Last edited:
Bohemia interactive is who's the prime contractor/manufacturer for the ground force/blueforce training stuff. They made the ARMA series as a spinoff of their military stuff, and even as a focused "game" it's still pretty dang realistic, depending on what kind of a system/server configuration you run on. Bullet drop, 203's you actually have to break out quadrant/leafs on for good accuracy, TOW's you have to track like a death star with, etc.

More Elite, in surround gaming mode... heh heh

4eac0150c7.jpg

I think Star Citizen looks more interesting... but it also has a lot of hype to live up to/lots of development time left.

Both look like they wouldn't leave time for anything else though. I've already got a backlog of single player games I'd like to get through before even trying anything on that scale. I just recently finished Bioshock Infinite, which was pretty cool... even if some elements of the setting were a clusterfuck of a mess. Cities:Skyline is supposed to be pretty damn good, too, if you want a true successor to the SimCity games.

More Elite, in surround gaming mode... heh heh

badass.. I can't get surround to work.. I have three 28' monitors, but two of them are 1920x1200 and the middle one is 4k (3840x2160).

I think the 4K is messing up the process because my computer crashes every time. Got a GTX 970 pushing them.

scratch that... for whatever reason it finally stuck.. 1x3 with 5760x1080, but kind of defeats the purpose of having a 4K monitor.. plus the x1080 is giving an unnatural perspective to the native 1920x1200 that the other can do.

Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager...not a bad game, pure strategy, pick it up on sale and don't pay full price.

Back