Hockey Thread (NHL)

The F'n Wild....

Leading 3 - 0...and then the wheels fell off like they always do. They scored ON THEMSELVES 3 F'N times as they went on to lose 6 - 3.

I don't know how they have 4 wins so far.

The F'n Wild. SMH.

The Avs are doing very well too but just lost Rants and Landy to injuries so we'll see how they go today against Florida.

VGK just fired their head coach. A lot of people scratching their heads over this one. He took an expansion team right to the Stanley Cup finals in their first year, and who knows how far they could have gone into the playoffs if they didn’t get stuffed over in last years playoffs.

I’d take my chances of dying of old age in Westeros than being a hockey coach this season.

Yeah, but let's be honest, he had a shit ton of talent the first year. He basically got to cherry pick his roster from every team in the league, save for their superstars. Well, that may be a slight exaggeration… but not much.

A fair chunk of the 2017-18 team were from the bottom lines at their previous teams.

William Karlsson, who was without a doubt their standout player, was a 3rd and 4th liner for Columbus.

These guys are absolutely talented, but it’s not like they were able to just snatch away guys like Auston Matthews, McDavid, Hall, Kane etc.

Fantastic coaching and player development to achieve what they did in their first year.

Coach Gallant will be missed. However, I don't think this was a spur of the moment decision nor do I think the players are safe in their current situation. They went from 1st to 5th in a week. Hiring the Sharks' coach was, well, awkward to say the least. But we will see how it goes I guess.
Like Running into Your Ex.

Ovi just got back to back hat tricks, moving him past Mario Lemieux to 9th all time scorer.

Hopefully he’s got another 17 in him and gets past Gartner to 7th spot before the end of the season.

The guy is a beast.

Love this story.

NHL's Carolina Hurricanes win with help from Zamboni driver after 2 goalies get hurt

TORONTO — Emergency backup goalie Dave Ayres made eight saves in relief of Carolina's two injured netminders in the Hurricanes' 6-3 victory over the Toronto Maple Leafs on Saturday night.

Ayres, who works as a Zamboni driver for the Toronto Marlies of the American Hockey League, was forced into action midway through the second period after Carolina's James Reimer and Petr Mrazek were injured. The Hurricanes were leading 3-1 when the 42-year-old Ayres took over.

Love this story.

NHL's Carolina Hurricanes win with help from Zamboni driver after 2 goalies get hurt

TORONTO — Emergency backup goalie Dave Ayres made eight saves in relief of Carolina's two injured netminders in the Hurricanes' 6-3 victory over the Toronto Maple Leafs on Saturday night.

Ayres, who works as a Zamboni driver for the Toronto Marlies of the American Hockey League, was forced into action midway through the second period after Carolina's James Reimer and Petr Mrazek were injured. The Hurricanes were leading 3-1 when the 42-year-old Ayres took over.
Very cool. Reminds me of the dude who came into the Blackhawks game a year or two ago under the same circumstances.

The odds of losing 2 goalies to injury in one game has to be incredibly low. Yet, it's obviously happening (at least twice the last couple years). Wonder how many other odd types of rules similar to this exist in professional sports. There can't be many.

Some interesting trades happening. Caps just acquired Kovalchuk. A great player for sure, but supposedly toxic.

Time will tell.

Attendance for hockey games in NHL arenas Friday night:
14,685: StL at NJ
15,325: Veg at Wpg
15,984: Tor at Ana
18,871: Col at Van
19,206: Ari at Cgy
19,515: Chi at Det

19,899: Minnesota High School Class 2A semifinals

Attendance for hockey games in NHL arenas Friday night:
14,685: StL at NJ
15,325: Veg at Wpg
15,984: Tor at Ana
18,871: Col at Van
19,206: Ari at Cgy
19,515: Chi at Det

Dang! Where did these kids play?

Seating capacity of 17,367, at T-Mobile Arena.
Golden Knights’ attendance is 18,310.
105.4%!

2019-2020 NHL Attendance - National Hockey League - ESPN

It really is almost 'holiday' like when state tourney times come around. I try to get to the games every year, and once in a while the girls games....but they are not as fun anymore. A few years ago 'someone' complained that they boys get to play in the MN Wild's home ice; so the girls should too.

Problem is....the boys literally sell out the place every night....the girls, not even close. Where the girls used to play was always a sell out and it was a fun hockey environment. Whatever I guess.

Back