Home Gyms

@ShadowSpear Do you put in any consideration to lifting on the carpet, or is it non issue?

The carpet is pretty old and needs to be ripped out and the eventual goal being to have that entire floor matted. I went a little over budget when I was going through gym withdrawals, so that will ideally happen down the road!

The carpet is pretty old and needs to be ripped out and the eventual goal being to have that entire floor matted. I went a little over budget when I was going through gym withdrawals, so that will ideally happen down the road!

When you get to it, let me know. We (BeaverFit) do a lot of joint projects with PLAE for the gym flooring. I might be able to help connect you with a friends and family discount, or at least point you to the right person there.

That'll be awesome, I'm definitely envious!

When you get to it, let me know. We (BeaverFit) do a lot of joint projects with PLAE for the gym flooring. I might be able to help connect you with a friends and family discount, or at least point you to the right person there.

After my three week experience at Fort Bliss, I've come to realize that BeaverFit is taking over the military space. Keep kicking ass.

After my three week experience at Fort Bliss, I've come to realize that BeaverFit is taking over the military space. Keep kicking ass.
It's been awhile since I left, but are there anymore gyms? Or are units investing in boxes en masse? Which would be sweet.

Multiple units on base had them directly in their footprint. There was at least one on the quarantine site as well.

Last edited:
Multiple units on base had them directly in their foot print. There was at least one on the quarantine site as well.
When I was in 2/1 AD the Brigade invested in some TRX 20' Tactical lockers and 1-1 CAV had one tactical training boxes from TRX, but they were the only unit to do that. This was 2015 timeframe.

This seems to be precipitated by the change to the ACFT which honestly is very annoying. The reason I say that is the investment should have been made ages ago and we should have had strength training integrated into the normal duty day.

So, I finally got this in on Thursday night from UPS Freight. What a nightmare to be honest, the office locally will be like: "We called bu no response" so that they meet their hit time for contact but they wouldn't have actually tried.

Bolt box was beat to hell and some hardware was missing, not horrible, 4 bucks at Home Depot and fixed.

So I didn't measure the garage height first or I would have ordered a different set up. The Rogue SML3 measures at 110 inches when assembled. Well our garage is 100. Girl is like: "Will you send it back?" That would have been a pain in the ass by the way to exchange for an SML2. I found a metal shop in Mesa, drove over, took a look and they're like: "that'll be 10 dollars."

So a pain in the ass to finally get a rack when I consider I had something on Amazon on order for 6 weeks and never shipped.

The end result comes in at more like a Rogue SML 2.5 (Which doesn't exist)

Finding 5s and 10s is proving impossible...but I checked Grey Man Gear and they got 5er and 10er crumb plates. So I'll be buying some more soon.

119080381_10160340144554498_9080987679683013667_o.jpg

Just for laughs; not a home gym but this is more convenient these days. Just a 60lb kb and a mat for neck rolls. Generally I do complexes, then some type of sprint/carry, plyos, and the pads for neck rolling. The heat adds another layer to the whole shebang
IMG_20200518_080246_779.jpg

Multiple units on base had them directly in their footprint. There was at least one on the quarantine site as well.

This is now the case at OCS at Benning. Unfortunately, we as DCC students were completely unable to get the keys. It was a running joke since cadre kept saying they'd get us the keys. The only time we were able to lift weights was at the ACFT's they administered.

Back