I am that Man/Act of Valor/SOF replace actors

I am all for Quite Professionalism; as long as it doesn't lead to extinction.

You can be a QP and still get the word out.
The Green Berets with John Wayne was a little hockey, but it put an ORGANIZATION into the spot-lite. The Army and AF could do a better job highlighting lower end capabilities, I don't think it's feature length movie material, but Military Channel and CNN/Fox-worthy for sure (pun intended).

ETA: Blackhawk Down was a good movie IMHO. No politics, very few statements, just a raw look at some of the facts.

I am all for Quite Professionalism; as long as it doesn't lead to extinction...

We will become extinct if we continue to look like, act like, and conduct missions like other SOF units. I will take my chances on becoming extinct to get back to focusing on UW; the other SOF guys can have the "sexy" stuff.

Besides, no one wants to see a movie about UW; people want to see guys flying in on MH60s, fast roping onto the OBJ, explosively breaching a structure, clearing a bldg/block and shooting bad guys in the face.

Crip

We will become extinct if we continue to look like, act like, and conduct missions like other SOF units. I will take my chances on becoming extinct to get back to focusing on UW; the other SOF guys can have the "sexy" stuff.

Besides, no one wants to see a movie about UW; people want to see guys flying in on MH60s, fast roping onto the OBJ, explosively breaching a structure, clearing a bldg/block and shooting bad guys in the face.

Crip
I think a good movie highlighting the first ODA's into Afghanistan is possible, and am disappointed that it hasn't happened yet. You'd get your UW and DA fix in 90 minutes. Hell AFSOC and USASFC could get good press with that story line. There are enough books out today to make this possible.

Saw the movie 'The Debt' a few days ago. I liked it. Interesting story. Not at all what I was expecting but thats not always a bad thing. I liked that it had more of a story than just a balls out kill them all movie. I ended up watching 'Munich' the next day.

I know both of which are based on historical fiction but anyone know of any other flicks that depict the Isrealis punking fools out?

I honestly do not understand where they found the time to take this project on. I only know what it's like to be in Ranger batt., and we certainly did not have time to do anything of this magnitude.

EPIC! If you look on their website, it seems that they're doing the same marketing campaign that "Paranormal Activity" did by having people 'demand' it in their city and using word of mouth to build up hype. I really hope this does well. I'll be going as soon as it hits around here!

Act of Valor will be picked up by all the media outlets and will begin reporting on it within the next few days.

Back