I am that Man/Act of Valor/SOF replace actors

Sounds like they had fun making the film:
On a 2010 training exercise, a team of Navy SEALs converged on an ocean rendezvous point. Crouched beside the sailors on a bouncing Zodiac speedboat was a filmmaker, dressed in camouflage with his camera rolling as a submarine broke the surface. "We ran those boats right up on the back of that nuclear sub," said director Mike McCoy.

His team came to film the SEALs perform an underwater exit from the sub, then spent a week alongside its crew when rough seas dragged out the two-day shoot. For two years the filmmakers had inside access to the Navy's elite and secretive force for an unusual assignment: to create a feature film that starred real-life SEALs—not actors—in lead roles. The movie, "Act of Valor," is not a documentary. Instead, it straddles reality and fiction, military messaging and entertainment. It features strike scenes written by the SEALs themselves, jarring live-fire footage and a body count that would rival any '80s action flick. Yet the movie, to be released in February, was designed to set the record straight on a group that the military says has been routinely misrepresented in film.

...and a little info on "Lone Surivor":
The box-office taint on movies with a perceived political bent, combined with the budget pressures that combat narratives bring, have made many contemporary war stories seem too risky for the studios, says director Peter Berg. He co-wrote the script for "Lone Survivor," which he will direct, based on a memoir by former SEAL Marcus Luttrell. For research, Mr. Berg embedded with a special-forces team at a remote base in Iraq near the Syrian border. Universal signed off on the project only after Mr. Berg agreed to first direct "Battleship," a big-budget extrapolation of the board game property, slated for release next spring.

source

LL, you search the site before every thread you start up?

LOL Yeah. It's my nature - can't help it - you know what has been said about librarians?

"Only librarians like to search, everyone else likes to find." Roy Tenant

;)

LL

Extended trailer.

http://actofvalor.com/bf3/

Looks nice, but I'm gonna say it - it's gonna be a corny long recruitment video. No doubt in my mind. Real deals, no matter how cool and supportive of the Troops it is, are terrible actors - usually.

I'd love to watch it for the action scenes, but thats it. I'm not expecting much. More like a MoH/CoD type game experiance brought into a movie.

I am looking forward to it, long time since a realistic military movie came out (BHD). Maybe a good showing will convince hollywood that they should do pro/neutral military themed movies.

GREAT movie! Glad to see how these guys performed. I heard others who were disappointed comment on the acting. I felt like smacking them upside the head. These guys did awesome for their first major film. Was a tear jerker too, especially at the end. Goes to show how many guys act on impulse with their training and instincts.

Back