I'm going hunting on public land...................

I'd much rather be shot with a rifle than a bow... You can patch and control bleeding with a GSW, but a broadhead, stuck, those little razor blades cutting you every time you move a bit... Yeah fuck that.

Yes I know, rifle from distance, bow up close, less chance of getting tagged.

Been a long time since I hunted public land, had to have orange hat, so many square inches of orange on your body, and if I remember we had assigned zones. But that was when I was a kid. When I lived in the Texas Hill country I just shot those 4 legged lawn mowers off my back porch. Now I'm restricted to the deer camp, but hell, when you know where they are going for water and food, there ain't much hunting to it...

Maybe it is just the pic, but your outfit looks like it is some type of rain gear? Dude, that shit is going to get REALLY hot if you have to walk any distance. Not to mention loud.
It just looks reflective. It is actually very soft and not hot at all but remains warm in the cold. The jacket is carhart and the pants are redhead. Both gortex.

This is what I wear, from Cabela's, dry plus still hunter I believe. But AI think they are discontinued.
images

images

It's been a few years since I've had the chance to go hunting but are you actually required to wear that much orange now? Christ last time I went wasn't even that long ago and I don't remember looking like a carnival peanut.

Damnit I need to find a new place to hunt. Always felt safe wearing the “camo” orange to break the pattern up a bit.

Screen Shot 2018-12-11 at 9.44.31 AM.png

Damnit I need to find a new place to hunt. Always felt safe wearing the “camo” orange to break the pattern up a bit.

View attachment 25443
I'm hunting TVA land it is open gun season for all the state season.

My house is the red mark and all the purple is TVA hunting land.

It is so close to my house I really don't have an excuse not to go.

IMG_3999.JPG

It's been a few years since I've had the chance to go hunting but are you actually required to wear that much orange now? Christ last time I went wasn't even that long ago and I don't remember looking like a carnival peanut.

You don't have to wear that much but it's so many square inches on your body and head. Vests are a pain in the ass. I need warm clothes, so I might as well reduce the risk of being shot by some moron.

View attachment 25445

It has to be solid orange here and if it's starting to fade, you can get a ticket.

Back