Last Roll Call For Car

I met Chris once in Alexandria with RB. He was all smiles and acted like the big brother I always wish I had. I remember his hearty laugh when he realized he could put his fingers around my girlish wrists, how his eyes sparkled when I told RB that we beat RB down to the pier on foot, and RB was on his Harley, because obviously I had been doing more work on my fieldcraft than RB had, and then RB threatened to throw me in the harbor. I recall how he sent me messages when I needed to be checked, making me realize my mistake and at the same time making me feel stronger. And how proud I was when he listed me as someone he served with.

Heaven takes the best of us early, and I know he is in a better place. But I am selfish. Right now I just miss my friend. I want him back with us.

My condolences Helen.

I'll miss you big brother. I'll do my best to make you proud, as proud as a CSM can be of an officer.

The posts here speak volumes about the kind of man CAR was both in uniform and out. It's obvious to this outsider that the world is a bit darker now due to the loss of a great warrior and an even finer man!
My sincerest condolences to his family, RK and her family and all his friends here and elsewhere.

Rest Easy

Former member arizonaguide PM'd me from another location and wished me to pass along his most sincere condolences and his prayers to all of you, and remembers Chris fondly.

RIP CSM CAR. I enjoyed reading your posts. Thank you for your service to the country. You are now dismissed. Semper Fi and Carry On

I just heard the news today and I'm deeply saddened.

RK... Big Al and I send our condolences. We've met CAR on a couple of occasions and he was about the nicest guy we've ever had the pleasure to hang out with. He will be missed.

RIP CSM and thanks for your service to our country. I never had the privilege of meeting CAR or speaking to him but as someone else already stated, I was always curious to hear what he had to say on here as I could tell he was someone worth listening to. I'm truly sorry for your loss RK and you are in my thoughts and prayers along with his friends and family.

RIP CSM. I also never had the privilege of meeting CAR, and only on a few occasions did I converse with him. But I did follow his posts, and from all of the stuff that I have read over the past couple of years, I could tell that he was not only a great NCO, but also a great man. He will truly be missed, as will his words of wisdom.

Condolences to you RK, prayers out to you and also friends and family.

Semper Fi.

I just got the message on this.

RIP CSM if it wasn't for you, I wouldn't be an NCO or a Soldier Today.

Condolences to his wife and family.

These men with silver wings
Troopers from the sky above
In whom devotion springs
What spirit so unites them
In brotherhood they say
Their answer loud and clear,
"Airborne All The Way"
These are the men of danger
As in open door they stand
With static line above them
And ripcord in their hand
While earthbound they are falling
A silent prayer they say
"Lord be with us forever,
Airborne All The Way"
One day they'll make their final jump
Saint Mike will tap them out
The good Lord will be waiting
He knows what they are about
And answering in cadence,
He'll hear the troopers say
"We're glad to be aboard, Sir,
Airborne All The Way"

with RK's permission:

There will be a memorial service for Chris this coming Sunday, 1500, at Reger Funeral Home and Chapel. For those who may be able to come, it is located at 1242 Adams Ave. Huntington, WV. In lieu of flowers, we are requesting that a donation be made in Chris's honor to the SOWF.

That was easily Chris's favorite charity, and when his mother asked me if I knew what charity Chris would prefer, that was immediately what came to mind.

There's a bit of a wait to get into Arlington at the moment, I would imagine since combat casualties rightfully have priority. Once there is a date-time for that, I will let everyone know.

RIP My Friend. You were a great Husband, Mentor, Father, Soldier, Warrior, and Brother.

You will be missed.

If you are nearby, we hope to see you.

Back