McGregor/Mayweather Fight

I listened to Malignaggi on MMA hour, he sounded like a bitch.

Also here's some interesting numbers on PPV costs for this fight that was posted on Twitter:
Gabriel Morency on Twitter

I love this shit...

Conor McGregor ‘whimpers’ when punched: Paulie Malignaggi | Daily Mail Online

Conor McGregor ‘whimpers like a girl’ when he takes a body shot, claims Paulie Malignaggi after leaving Irishman's training camp for Floyd Mayweather showdown

The more and more I've watched the McGregor camp, and the boxing coaches, training partners and the referee dude come away all talking shit about Conor. The more I've been thinking it's disinformation, and McGregor is probably paying them to go out and say this stuff.

Possibly trying to keep Mayweather thinking this is an easy fight, not taking Conor legitimately. I still favor Mayweather, just because of Mayweathers style and record. But man it would be cool to see McGregor knock that idiot out.

I wish I had enough passion about something to write a YouTube song about it.

As an MMA fan I hope McGregor wins, but as a realist I seriously doubt he will. Even if McGregor loses you hafta give him credit for stepping in the boxing ring with Mayweather. (money aspect aside) It's gonna be tough for McGregor to hold back his instincts tho. Training MMA for all those years he's gonna have to suppress his natural reactions, although it'd be kinda funny to see Conor do a double leg takedown if they clinch.

This is what makes Mayweather's trash talking so comical. He does care if it's an octagon, and he does back down. If he was as tough as he talked, this would be a two fight event. One in the ring, and one in the octagon.
I agree 100% Let's see Floyd talkin smack after McGregor hits him with one of his signature hopping roundhouse kicks.

Saw today that they agreed on 8oz gloves vs. 10 oz. They both had to sign waivers since their weight class would call for the 10 oz. McGregor is talking about the advantage this is for him, but Mayweather is no fool. He's not agreeing to anything that he does not feel would benefit him; now he's going to be faster, and that's right where he wants to be.

Saw today that they agreed on 8oz gloves vs. 10 oz. They both had to sign waivers since their weight class would call for the 10 oz. McGregor is talking about the advantage this is for him, but Mayweather is no fool. He's not agreeing to anything that he does not feel would benefit him; now he's going to be faster, and that's right where he wants to be.

You're absolutely right. This was in the MSN article I read: "Mayweather had nearly all of his 49 professional wins using eight-ounce gloves, which may accentuate one of his advantages - his hand speed."

You're absolutely right. This was in the MSN article I read: "Mayweather had nearly all of his 49 professional wins using eight-ounce gloves, which may accentuate one of his advantages - his hand speed."
Also one of the reasons Floyds hands are the way they are. He's had a history of hand injuries.

"Do your hands hurt when it's cold out, Floyd? Do they?!"- Conor McGregor

From what I've heard Mayweather's ex knows what his hands feel like. I have no respect for a man that hits a woman.

I am so looking forward to this fight.

Me too. It's gonna be expensive but hopefully worth every penny. I haven't looked, but someone said it's gonna be around $100 for PPV.
Hopefully it lasts longer than a Mike Tyson (in his prime) fight. I couldn't imagine paying for tickets and the fight only lasts a couple seconds. That was back when heavyweight boxing was great to watch tho.

Pay-per-view and hype win again. Try as I might to resist, I do have a bad case of FOMO (fear of missing out) and will be adding this likely train wreck to the too many dollars I have already spent on PPV.

Lesnar/Couture - still breaks my heart that Couture lost to this roid raging scammer.
Balboa/Creed
Rousey/Holm
Rousey/Nunes
Mayweather/Pacquiao
Mayweather/McGreggor

What I am hoping for is a Balboa/Lang hatred for each other, with McGreggor losing such control that he round-houses Mayweather and gets disqualified.

What will likely happen, is that it will take me 27 seconds of watching them dance around the ring with each other to see that Mayweather and McGreggor are best of freinds and obviously have a pre-fight deal.

To add - I am hoping they have a seperate camara on Dana white, who will of course be at the fight. Should McGreggor actually hold his own, and maybe even accidentally win, Dana will likely have a hype driven orgasm on live TV.

Saw a add that Hooters will have the fight showing, for all you chicken wing eating, beer chugging, knuckle daggers.

Spend a $100 and watch at home, or spend $100, eat, drink and stare at hot chicas during the boredom of Floyd boxing his defensive points game. The latter sounds like a winner.:thumbsup:

Back