Military Misconduct

This has gone on forever and will continue to go on forever. The only thing that changes is the paperwork required to make those runs. I'm betting the "mishap aircrew" didn't have the proper paperwork, or properly worded paperwork, on file.

Still, quite dumb of them to walk a motorcycle up the ramp of a -130 in broad daylight.

Last edited:
This captain "motorboated" a female subordinate.

Officer ‘motorboated’ subordinate at promotion ceremony, retires after guilty plea

"...during work the following day, according to a prosecution motion, Crosby “approached [the junior soldier], told her to stand up, placed the rank in front of her chest, leaned in the grab the rank with his teeth...then placed his face between [the junior soldier]’s breasts...[and] vigorously moved his head from side to side between [her] breasts while still holding the rank with his teeth.”

This wasn't "drunk and stupid at a unit party," this was something he planned, and told others about.

And he apparently wanted the same women to go with him on road trips because he "liked looking at her tits."

This guy was in the Army when I was still in high school... and that was something like 32 years ago. We all know better than this.

Officer ‘motorboated’ subordinate at promotion ceremony, retires after guilty plea

This wasn't "drunk and stupid at a unit party," this was something he planned, and told others about.

And he apparently wanted the same women to go with him on road trips because he "liked looking at her tits."

This guy was in the Army when I was still in high school... and that was something like 32 years ago. We all know better than this.
I’m sorry. And I know it is wrong, but I cannot stop laughing at the absurdity of this story. There has to be some history between these two.

But during work the following day, according to a prosecution motion, Crosby “approached [the junior soldier], told her to stand up, placed the rank in front of her chest, leaned in the grab the rank with his teeth...then placed his face between [the junior soldier]’s breasts...[and] vigorously moved his head from side to side between [her] breasts while still holding the rank with his teeth.”

She's told him she didn't want a promotion ceremony after he told her- twice- he was going to motorboat her. That would imply she wasn't comfortable with it, history or not.

He sounds very very lucky not to have a sexual assault charge out of it all. What a dickhead.

I’m sorry. And I know it is wrong, but I cannot stop laughing at the absurdity of this story. There has to be some history between these two.

But during work the following day, according to a prosecution motion, Crosby “approached [the junior soldier], told her to stand up, placed the rank in front of her chest, leaned in the grab the rank with his teeth...then placed his face between [the junior soldier]’s breasts...[and] vigorously moved his head from side to side between [her] breasts while still holding the rank with his teeth.”
Concur. I want to know "the rest of the story".

Maybe I'm the naive one but I can't believe anyone in that type of position these days doesn't know better.

Maybe I'm the naive one but I can't believe anyone in that type of position these doesn't know better.

Article says he wanted her to go to Jordan in his vehicle because he liked looking at her tits. I'm sure he knew it wasn't okay. He just didn't care.

Edited to add:

We've got a senior Leader on here who has had to deal with the clean up for this type of idiocy. Maybe they'll chime in.

Maybe I'm the naive one but I can't believe anyone in that type of position these days doesn't know better.

From my own experience, sometimes leaders when they're physically away from their bosses start to think rules and SOPs don't apply to them.

From my own experience, sometimes leaders when they're physically away from their bosses start to think rules and SOPs don't apply to them.
Same. All kinds of situations, all kinds of troops, all kinds of units.

That's one of the reasons it's important to enforce the little things. He probably did a lot of little shit for a reeeeaaallly long time that could and should have been nipped in the bud before he went all Captain Non-Consensual like this.

I think many of us appreciate a good pair of...anyway, but there's a time and place to express that admiration. If you're her superior that time and place is never.

The math is really that simple, the flow chart is not difficult.
"Don't be a jerk" has served me well over the last 27 years.

That, and "you're not as funny as you think you are, so maybe STFU."

That, and "you're not as funny as you think you are, so maybe STFU."
That one has saved me from many firings.

At a prior company when I was pretty new, I made a witty (I thought) comment on a conference call. A mentor (now friend) sent me an email that said, “There are plenty of unemployed comedians. Go easy on the humor”.

This one should have been easy. Dismissed from service without retirement benefits and charged with sexual assault. Don’t know how he got away with this slap on the wrist. This is an obscene miscarriage of justice.

Back