Military Misconduct

Same. All kinds of situations, all kinds of troops, all kinds of units.

That's one of the reasons it's important to enforce the little things. He probably did a lot of little shit for a reeeeaaallly long time that could and should have been nipped in the bud before he went all Captain Non-Consensual like this.
As you said, there is no way this was strike one. Who knows what other deviant behavior he has been doing since the civil war or whenever he first enlisted. Failure at all levels here.

This captain "motorboated" a female subordinate.

Officer ‘motorboated’ subordinate at promotion ceremony, retires after guilty plea

This wasn't "drunk and stupid at a unit party," this was something he planned, and told others about.

And he apparently wanted the same women to go with him on road trips because he "liked looking at her tits."

This guy was in the Army when I was still in high school... and that was something like 32 years ago. We all know better than this.
When I first read this headline I somewhere else I thought it was some party that went sideways...and then I read it. Like holy fuck, how is this dude not in confinement for 6 months?

An achievement just the same and I didn’t mean to denigrate the award. I’ve just never been crazy about the dual purposes of the medal…another topic all together. My pardon if it came off that way. The guy’s a tool in any case.
I didn't take it that way at all brother, in fact there was more to that post originally but it didn't get posted for some reason ;)

I meant to say his BSM was for merit just like mine, but unlike me he apparently felt the need to church things up with a Silver Star and a few fake deployments.

This one might need it's own thread...but this be wild.

British paratroopers are being barred from deploying to a NATO exercise in the Balkans after videos leaked online of soldiers having an orgy with a civilian woman in the barracks.

According to The Times of London, military police earlier this month began investigating paratroopers of the 3rd Battalion, Parachute Regiment. The Times reported on June 7 that video clips “were circulated on social media” of a civilian woman engaging in a consensual orgy with the paratroopers in the Melville Barracks “while dozens watched.”

The videos reportedly showed “sexual activity in different areas of the base,” according to The Times. A British Army investigation determined the woman had been brought into the barracks “as many as 31 times in five months,” according to The Times.

The decision to bar the battalion from deployment came less than a week after Gen. Sir Patrick Sanders took over as the head of the U.K. Army. On June 16, Sanders sent a letter to senior leaders, calling the paratroopers’ behavior “unacceptable, corrosive and detrimental to the army’s reputation.” While the investigation determined that “no crime had been committed,” The Times reported, Sanders said the behavior and subsequent videos could have been used to “denigrate women.”

Leaked barracks orgy video gets hundreds of British paratroopers barred from NATO mission

Back