Military Misconduct

I'd like to read the full report. This is not in keeping with other incidents that took place at Fort Campbell in the past, but I'm not privy to all of the details of this case.

I'd like to read the full report. This is not in keeping with other incidents that took place at Fort Campbell in the past, but I'm not privy to all of the details of this case.

IF the article is correct, big if, he might be lucky just to have the 4 months. I agree though, I’d like to see the full report, but at face value the man didn’t do his job.

With that said, how many of us, knowingly or unknowingly, used a range that didn’t meet all of the required safety criteria?

IF the article is correct, big if, he might be lucky just to have the 4 months. I agree though, I’d like to see the full report, but at face value the man didn’t do his job.

With that said, how many of us, knowingly or unknowingly, used a range that didn’t meet all of the required safety criteria?

When I was a young company-grade officer at Fort Campbell, like the officer mentioned in the article, MANY times. We had a job to do, and the commander wasn't going to accept "failure to plan / failure to execute."

When I was a young company-grade officer at Fort Campbell, like the officer mentioned in the article, MANY times. We had a job to do, and the commander wasn't going to accept "failure to plan / failure to execute."

My outsider’s opinion, someone died and Big Army had to make someone pay. Optics, sacrificial lamb, send a message to others and all that.

Not in any unit I’ve been a part of. No shortcuts when it comes to range safety.

The biggest sticking point in the article for me is that it doesn't make it clear if the medics didn't have a plan for treatment, or if they were even there at all.
Both are problems, but not having medical at all is definitely jail time worthy negligence.

As to the other points (lack of NCO safeties, safties not practicing CLS skills, and lack of clearing), all of those are sadly things I saw all to often when I was with big army. People rush training because everyone wants to do things quick, not right.

I'm very interested in exactly how this soldier died. It seems like it may have been a ND off the range, based on talking about lack of clearing weapons.

Back