Multiple shootings + explosions in Paris

It seems, that French police units mangaged to kill two terrorists. Looks like there has been in-extremis assault - terrorists were killing hostages.

As the casualties will probably climb I've changed the thread's title. I imagine this will be a topic for months to come.

It will be interesting to see what France knew, if anything, leading up to the attacks. The attackers' backgrounds will be interesting, particularly as they relate to the recent wave of immigrants.

ETA: Fuck the media with a pizza cutter. Watching their "coverage" is infuriating.

Blue Skies.

The numbers on this are just getting worse by the hour. I agree with the thoughts about French Intel on this. I wonder what the US Intel knew about this too? I hope they can get a handle on the scope of this, because it is probably far from over yet. The influx of immigrants is staggering, and will be hard to stop. I agree with the observations about the media. I simply do not trust the US media to just report. It all has to be washed and pass the administrations, "sniff test". No matter what the news is, the important thing is shaping and spin. I hate them.

Last edited:
Dammit. Toll keeps rising...
RIP to those who lost their lives today. Prayers out to the families and friends.

ZM

RIP. I'm more worried about how many state players are getting fully involved now. For some reason I don't think everyone will just come together to fight evil...or agree on what to do after the snakes head is gone.

EDIT: peer speculation, as gunmen have not been identified.

Last edited:
Latest death toll I heard was 140. One shooter in custody who told investigators this was done in the name of ISIS. France has essentially declared martial law. Government has authority to control media and enter any private residence, at any time, without a warrant.

ETA: No links as I heard all this on a live report on AM radio while driving.

My dad said those are training missles, no rear fins. (Retired maintenance CMSgt)

They have rear fins, but I'd think the blue bands mark those as training missiles. Besides, those are the aggressor a/c.

@Ooh-Rah Great photos, but what's the tie-in between these aircraft and the thread?

Thanks for the response on the jets...he mentioned that it is very rare to see them flying like that in the evening.

Back