Post up Your pet pics, not Youtube

Good eye!

If you look back on this thread, I believe you'll find pics of her daddy. Chubbs is a legend on this board.

LL

Chessies are outstanding dogs! Once get a place with more properly and some water it's either one of those or a newfoundland. Or both. Probably both

Our mutt is a gentle giant allowing herself to used as a pillow and pretty much anything else that the kids come up with.

danicaamppenny_zpse4bc8c84.jpg

DanicasPennyPillow_zps89553089.jpg

I never could figure out what her mix of breeds is. I know that her Mom was a full blood Rottweiler and the people who I got her from say that another dog jumped the fence t get to her. They had said that they thought the other dog might be a Labrador. However... after seeing the " Benny the Dog" commercial for Bank of America (see video below) Benny and (ironically) Penny could be brother and sister.

benny_amp_penny_the_dogs_zps6f98056a.jpg

It turns out that Benny is a Newfoundland. They are sometimes all black with a small patch of white on their chest... looks like I finally know what dominant breed Penny is.

benny_amp_penny_the_dogs_white_spot_zps8c9a37ff.jpg

Last edited:
Our Golden Retrievers, Luke and Melanie, had two litters of lil dudes & dudettes before we had them both fixed. Thirteen in the first, twelve in the second, all healthy. We kept a few and sold or gifted the others, mostly to people we knew or extended family members, and all the owners have kept up with sitreps.

IMG_20141215_0002.jpg

By posting about Penny on another forum I was directed to some interesting information. It turns out that Penny is most likely a Flat Coated Retriever as evidenced by the following:

The Flat-Coat's ancestry includes the "Retriever Proper," a cross-breed emerging from the Large Newfoundland , setter, sheepdog, and spaniel-like water dogs. <-- link to AKC Flat-Coated Retriever page.

So... I wasn't totally wrong in my assessment as one can see that the Flat Coated Retriever breed has Newfoundland breed in it's lineage.

Attachments

• Kitty-sleeping2.jpg
    Kitty-sleeping2.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 3
Back