Post up Your pet pics, not Youtube

Here's Jake the day we brought him home (July 31, 2009).

What a happy, smiling lad Jake is! Thanks for the picture.

Say, here's a thought. Being a dog lover, and I'm the dog whisperer in our development. Folks will get dog momentos for me, and I got two great ones for Christmas this year, from our next door neighbor. It was two water glasses that were hand painted with pictures of my dogs. The neighbor was watching the dogs at our home over a week or so. They took some photos of the dogs, and sent a handfull of photos to, "Inspired Imagination". The product was just stunning. The hand painted pictures were perfect in capturing the likeness of the dogs on each glass. I mean picture perfect. I was stunned to see just how perfect they were. So, perhaps you would like to contact this artist. I do not know what the cost was, and they had to include 3-4 good pics of each dog. I will send you a pm with the contact info.

Tonight he's decided to not eat. He didn't want his canned food so I cooked some bacon. He only ate 2 pieces of it.

If this continues tomorrow and Friday, on Saturday we will be saying good bye.

Tonight he's decided to not eat. He didn't want his canned food so I cooked some bacon. He only ate 2 pieces of it.

As long as Jake knows you are there, he belives things are good, and he will feel comfort. I know how you feel. Keep doing what you are doing. If you can't be there, take the T-shirt you are wearing off, and leave it next to Jake. i hate it when the dust gets in my eyes like this.

What Red Flag said and we will be here for you to vent to brother. It is dusty in here. Hang in there brother.

F.M.

I just want to say thanks to everyone who has sent a PM or commented on here. Hopefully he's chasing bunnies till his legs grow tired.

They say when you pick a dog to choose the one who picks you. We picked It's A Pleasure To Beat you at our local county fair, because my wife knew the greyhound groups would be there. Both of the local greyhound rescue groups had booths set up and we had adoption papers in our hand for a dog when my wife said, "Let's first check out the other group." As we approached the table, a black greyhound who was laying down in the background sprung to his feet, jumoved up onto the table, leaped off it, and stole the adaption papers in my hand. I think it's safe to say he chose us, we didn't choose him.

It's a Pleasure to Beat you raced 99 times, winning 11 of those. He was clocked at 42 mph. But the biggest race he won was ensuring we took him home.

PERSEC_Oliver.jpg

Me with our English bulldog Lola and our new pit/boxer rescue Oliver. The initial excitement is over and both dogs are snoring away. Oliver was abused by a biological male ( I refuse to call him a man) before being rescued. It feels so good to give him a safe and happy home for the rest of his hopefully long life.

KidsampPennywithTriumphatSantas_zps6a97fc4f.jpg

My heathens and the mutt at the Cajun hideaway.

Back