Post up Your pet pics, not Youtube

RIP Dexter.:(:thumbsdown:

img_0583-640x480-jpg.5298

So sorry for your loss.

We had put it off for far too long and I couldn't stand watching him fall down stairs anymore. We rescued Dexter from the pound in TX and he had a great 16 years with us. He was the best do ever: quickly housebroken, easily learned to shake hands, roll over, and like to play catch or as he played, "I'll get the ball and you chase me".
The family is in mourning and our other dog keeps sniffing around like he's looking for him.
We should have done it earlier but I was selfish: I wanted him around more than I wanted his pain to be relieved. Very sad day.

We had put it off for far too long and I couldn't stand watching him fall down stairs anymore. We rescued Dexter from the pound in TX and he had a great 16 years with us. He was the best do ever: quickly housebroken, easily learned to shake hands, roll over, and like to play catch or as he played, "I'll get the ball and you chase me".
The family is in mourning and our other dog keeps sniffing around like he's looking for him.
We should have done it earlier but I was selfish: I wanted him around more than I wanted his pain to be relieved. Very sad day.

Condolences.

@policemedic - it sounds strange, but have the vet allow you to bring the survivor to sniff the body after passing, it allows them to adjust, they can smell that the spark is gone. They will be looking for their pack mate for a long time if you don't.

Condolences.

@policemedic - it sounds strange, but have the vet allow you to bring the survivor to sniff the body after passing, it allows them to adjust, they can smell that the spark is gone. They will be looking for their pack mate for a long time if you don't.

P, That's actually my plan but I hope I don't have to put in into play for many years.

I really want to add two puppies to the mix to keep the old ones young and let them help train the young'uns.

My condolences bro. :(

M.

Both are lovely creatures, but Shady is absolutely adorable. And I normally don't get all gaga for smaller dogs.
I wish shady was still that small, they are both masters of escape. Shady decided to get out yesterday and was out for five hours and came back looking like a chocolate lab. It had rained the night before and I guess he decided to partake in a spartan race while I was in class.

Back