Post up Your pet pics, not Youtube

We're going to go for a last walk and chocolate ice cream. Regardless, smiles along with tears will abound.

It is such a sad, and very hard thing to do, but there is comfort in knowing that you will be sparing Opti from so much suffering. Our canine family members love nothing better than being with us. That you are with Opti as the meds bring sleep, is all that is needed. Feeling your touch, and hearing your words all help. My thoughts and prayers are with you both. There are so many dogs that need loving homes. Find another to adopt, I have found that it does help with the loss.

HzdH4T3zdsvHQ3sN8_l6jqKbzjwr5Bba5y97OPvVJLIhF1Ka8hL2eUrsxX3rBP9UAFSZfjlz5I5squF9Vrs8nFGRHEDHPNoPXv7f1WI9SifK63uS4EOiCFbj2QUAiw_wfLJq9-nMBpvgKbs9QR-VyXkxqcD79N8uL_CF940G17LKTguMHBuyW8UnWEhRdxV9KzTLGSoT7RHszSfHsu5q5UaY5th-ldX_9mjcLxcjoltGinE_tXdvKNde1Q3mQFGUUBdX2bDav8e4iJG51yKMigssY_ydAdmqH9N6dwmWpOy1zWMh8XHTqc5mzTgrClcG4jbubckMdx-SfV2zOxuO5e95O9dLgGJC9tfbdpV1VWdWuWZFTasSSRfvF7xemqrc-PVB2UqQmAxm4EGzF_Kka3HkffXhfoFs_KmLOJGoSCMOn6E1O9d6Xuw-HmaE8AEcqcWg4YU758sW1MCrTVTSvL9S9JcvF_1PznZgm1SwmkA9isecsD2_WkoQMiPRd8y7OrgnLqnSEXaz7wu0B_U4NydzNLT_Rvqlq_CJoTJ4Va1N=w1102-h624-no

This is Trololo Dog. Adopted her late one night from a dumpster she'd been tossed in. Good timing since the garbage trucks were making early runs before Labor Day...
She was not chipped, not reported stolen, pretty healthy. We got her shots and license, now she's ours. Her coat is redder than it looks so I call her Pepita (little pumpkin seed). Looks to be a Daschund-Beagle mix. Might be some Chihuahua in there too.

xYAkA2rXFpuYc1z48TtEs3ebgIRoYda4yxZhrFrnRbCEcacpuPSu0TXMRaTIPjYAuYVcG9CM4fa6p8yhKAyzlzGZFWbH2kUxGFqkMUC0T-eJxyEhaHQGV0ptWSnHKqxvPKK7KjlhTMA-dUAQqZViApdj15YkiKULw7zVz35ZkXo7vqXNB86aPRGM2XRyOWjWT25L23O-G25T5Vh40ZHntNG83yO6czij4wAvKUCQ7vOOWZrzAMSHKgRWj4sTAxpRjsSXiacF-dRVDd81m9gUUCCeJ-92UrKRvVuTtoxsqxZVixJpmsHnKDXGUbVroZXGad2LbYAfb_mmtcH5fIAvjzSmSfCPVUxFR2SJ6FZdYBtBz80RaM1spjCFAealr4b2x-vhLHid2QgUp0FzrYowoBQB-oYxhxf-hRUIHIxcZgJd4XABrBWixGQLoEb7fPSK6-bzMVFM3FmHv70gdap0mjz6OOcybK-pIslICDcWST2RShc-DhBIRy8y2ADun6IICrf46n0I1obM_-XrAMhGdqe-n8LdE-PyP2TDhBY-vDxV=w832-h624-no

EcwU1LkGq-hBLMwrDyIoManUSrLvL-y4wHyMTR_L_C3yBqSDoi1_dBlIMxGtM2j9NkpPOqUUYy48F2ZLyR8xboK_3UjQyMB5VkA1QhrRtljfr0y-wuJ2U3_yOw_VDVioVPneygvZuXzFeFa6A5UVetSzp9wfSq-V4BYhPFzZUjNB2IKaw7LnhglDRRMqde8DWYBSIpHUO7ZUrIR-MctMaF4ELEnPdZekI3n4ycIiL7rpB2EIypA-HEEPnSydkvM18p4Dr5z-_zI1jxCsXUF5BzqHbpsA1x3kqqGl9tKLMhjayhb2-N7MKBwZfm326G1A0xMx_LVv9pD9g3oNvLFAnl1AOm0_43_W-CgaT4i27nU32t_59lft_edn8G7O29lie1FohZYHd7O_v3GC_VLofdthkGZlxrxg7DioEm0P9CmQ4xFBmZrJechQlnVpoXeMk7nfSZdSGFzq0NnDpLMVv6VgW7yG8ZU80pofpQjnJ1itBM0BzEO7xsiBnkY2Bbj67CCsLAKYuzljhk9zobr_dUDjSTbsHYgTZS6pUmxBd7_j=w832-h624-no

Eyes of the Walking Dead

This... Is Titanescu. Age unknown. He's pretty old but not blind, despite the way his eyes look in photos. He's also a major asshole and fears nothing, he's too f***** old and too f***** tired. He's a Manx, with a short bobtail. He doesn't purr.
If you touch him the wrong way, he'll punch you.
If you touch him, he'll punch you and maybe hiss a foul hiss at you.
If the dog yips, he goes over and punches her. Several times.
What I mean by punch is that he doesn't raise his paw and bring it down in a slashing motion the way cats do, he jabs, straight out and hard, from the shoulder. I think he learned that cage fighting in shelters for years. They told us he'd been returned to the shelter twice by folks who mistakenly thought he might be mellow but got Bad Santa instead..
He likes to perch on my lap. I just can't touch him, really.
The first week we had him, he was perched on the missus and I was f***** with him, out comes the paw, and fast. He hit my hand hard enough it sounded like meat on meat. My wife starts giggling, which makes him shake. He turns to her and let's out a foul, halitosis hiss in her face. Another cat would take off after that, for fear of reprisals. Not him. Never. He looked at us dead calm as if to say "do it again. Go ahead and do it"
We didn't.
Younger cat wants to wrestle with him at times. He's younger and heavier. Next thing you know, the younger cat hits the floor with a thud, Titanescu walks over to the dog's crate and punches her through the bars. It's like he's saying "and f*** you too!"

I am familiar with the Manx. My inlaws had one or two around for as long as I can recall. None quite had the persona of Titanescu. When outside, they would back up to a door and rap on it with their hind paws as loud as and person would; perhaps even louder. They are truely a breed apart, and underscoreed the idea of cats allowing one to live with them. Living with feline, and canine family members truely enriches our lives. Some, like Titanescu, offer challenges as well. He sounds like quite a handful.

Last edited:
He's all right as long as we remain aware. But then, we have a high tolerance for "characters".
Funny thing about the rapping: recently, he started doing that when he wants to be fed. I think part of his issues stem from lack of socialization (no purring) and spinal problems endemic to the breed. I do admire him, I'll admit: he has no fear and he takes no shit. He doesn't start any either...

Edited to add: we had company over and warned them to be careful around him. So guess what he did? He went over to rub against them, flopped and rolled so they could pet his gut. Him.
If I tried that with him I'd be a poster boy for French lives matter afterwards.

Last edited:
xYAkA2rXFpuYc1z48TtEs3ebgIRoYda4yxZhrFrnRbCEcacpuPSu0TXMRaTIPjYAuYVcG9CM4fa6p8yhKAyzlzGZFWbH2kUxGFqkMUC0T-eJxyEhaHQGV0ptWSnHKqxvPKK7KjlhTMA-dUAQqZViApdj15YkiKULw7zVz35ZkXo7vqXNB86aPRGM2XRyOWjWT25L23O-G25T5Vh40ZHntNG83yO6czij4wAvKUCQ7vOOWZrzAMSHKgRWj4sTAxpRjsSXiacF-dRVDd81m9gUUCCeJ-92UrKRvVuTtoxsqxZVixJpmsHnKDXGUbVroZXGad2LbYAfb_mmtcH5fIAvjzSmSfCPVUxFR2SJ6FZdYBtBz80RaM1spjCFAealr4b2x-vhLHid2QgUp0FzrYowoBQB-oYxhxf-hRUIHIxcZgJd4XABrBWixGQLoEb7fPSK6-bzMVFM3FmHv70gdap0mjz6OOcybK-pIslICDcWST2RShc-DhBIRy8y2ADun6IICrf46n0I1obM_-XrAMhGdqe-n8LdE-PyP2TDhBY-vDxV=w832-h624-no

EcwU1LkGq-hBLMwrDyIoManUSrLvL-y4wHyMTR_L_C3yBqSDoi1_dBlIMxGtM2j9NkpPOqUUYy48F2ZLyR8xboK_3UjQyMB5VkA1QhrRtljfr0y-wuJ2U3_yOw_VDVioVPneygvZuXzFeFa6A5UVetSzp9wfSq-V4BYhPFzZUjNB2IKaw7LnhglDRRMqde8DWYBSIpHUO7ZUrIR-MctMaF4ELEnPdZekI3n4ycIiL7rpB2EIypA-HEEPnSydkvM18p4Dr5z-_zI1jxCsXUF5BzqHbpsA1x3kqqGl9tKLMhjayhb2-N7MKBwZfm326G1A0xMx_LVv9pD9g3oNvLFAnl1AOm0_43_W-CgaT4i27nU32t_59lft_edn8G7O29lie1FohZYHd7O_v3GC_VLofdthkGZlxrxg7DioEm0P9CmQ4xFBmZrJechQlnVpoXeMk7nfSZdSGFzq0NnDpLMVv6VgW7yG8ZU80pofpQjnJ1itBM0BzEO7xsiBnkY2Bbj67CCsLAKYuzljhk9zobr_dUDjSTbsHYgTZS6pUmxBd7_j=w832-h624-no

Eyes of the Walking Dead

This... Is Titanescu. Age unknown. He's pretty old but not blind, despite the way his eyes look in photos. He's also a major asshole and fears nothing, he's too f***** old and too f***** tired. He's a Manx, with a short bobtail. He doesn't purr.
If you touch him the wrong way, he'll punch you.
If you touch him, he'll punch you and maybe hiss a foul hiss at you.
If the dog yips, he goes over and punches her. Several times.
What I mean by punch is that he doesn't raise his paw and bring it down in a slashing motion the way cats do, he jabs, straight out and hard, from the shoulder. I think he learned that cage fighting in shelters for years. They told us he'd been returned to the shelter twice by folks who mistakenly thought he might be mellow but got Bad Santa instead..
He likes to perch on my lap. I just can't touch him, really.
The first week we had him, he was perched on the missus and I was f***** with him, out comes the paw, and fast. He hit my hand hard enough it sounded like meat on meat. My wife starts giggling, which makes him shake. He turns to her and let's out a foul, halitosis hiss in her face. Another cat would take off after that, for fear of reprisals. Not him. Never. He looked at us dead calm as if to say "do it again. Go ahead and do it"
We didn't.
Younger cat wants to wrestle with him at times. He's younger and heavier. Next thing you know, the younger cat hits the floor with a thud, Titanescu walks over to the dog's crate and punches her through the bars. It's like he's saying "and f*** you too!"

Am I the only one who can't see the pictures that seems to be embedded?

He's all right as long as we remain aware. But then, we have a high tolerance for "characters".
Funny thing about the rapping: recently, he started doing that when he wants to be fed. I think part of his issues stem from lack of socialization (no purring) and spinal problems endemic to the breed. I do admire him, I'll admit: he has no fear and he takes no shit. He doesn't start any either...

It is hard to not admire him. I count you as fortunate to have such a direct and purpose driven feline. Not everyone would agree with me, but I love our fuzzy critters for what they are, as they are, and what they bring us.

Back