Presidential Debate Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
My first thought-

She is a very polished speaker.

He is obviously very nervous.

Her opening salvo definitely has him on his heels. I made the comment on the other thread about how Trump is the sort of dude that looks great hitting the heavy bag by himself, but Hillary is hitting back.

He's said China like, 9 times. He's talked more about devaluing currency than he has about his actual economic policy.

I'm trying to give him the "rookie benefit" -

But he's not saying "anything".

She is using numbers.

He is using phrases like, "lots" and "too many"

Come on Don, use your numbers.

His attack regarding NAFTA gave him some points back.

Is Lester losing control?

I get his frustration, but to the voter on the bubble, he's not winning points.

He's said a bunch of things that are completely accurate. Hillary on the other hand has handed him so many opportunities to crush her and he's obviously holding himself back. I didn't like him going back to China as much as he did because of the optics. Most people aren't going to understand the link between China and our job and deficit problems. Taxing the wealthy won't work.. That just takes the money that would have been used for business development and hiring and forces it out of the country where it won't ever come back (Trump is right about that). Raising minimum wages doesn't actually bring more money to the lower wage workers. Just ask the restaurant workers that used to be employed in Seattle and are now unemployed because so many of the big restaurants couldn't make it work.

Hillary just started slurring a bit more than usual. Wait and you'll see her go screechy... If Hillary brings up something from Trump's past, he should answer with "at this point what difference does it make?"

When is halftime? Belicheck needs to get him back in track.

The tax returns look bad, so do the emails.

Tax returns are a bunch of bullshit as an issue. He was exactly right about that just being smart business. Do you own a home and take the mortgage interest deduction? I do... and because I do, I get a bunch of money back every year. Should I not take the deduction so that the Government can use it for more overhead?

Tax returns are a bunch of bullshit as an issue. He was exactly right about that just being smart business. Do you own a home and take the mortgage interest deduction? I do... and because I do, I get a bunch of money back every year. Should I not take the deduction so that the Government can use it for more overhead?

You make good points and I would like to pick your brain via PM to explain some elements of business to a layman like me.:thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back