Presidential Debate Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Washington Post has certainly been checking no Hillary the same as Trump

Not when it goes against their own reporting on issues.
But Comey also has said that investigators found particularly lacking any intent on Clinton or her staff’s part to mishandle classified information, and that would undermine any possible criminal case against them.
They not only reference their own article, they ignore that the laws broken are specific in stating intent is not a factor.

So explain to me how Trump let anyone loose to hack her. He made a not so funny joke about her deleted emails.
“Russia, if you're listening, I hope you’ll be able to find the 30,000 emails that are missing,” he said, referring to deleted emails from the private account Hillary Clinton used as secretary of State. “I think you’ll probably be rewarded mightily by our press.”- July 28

Donald Trump invites Russia to hack Hillary Clinton's emails

That was the claim, is that he encouraged Russia to find the emails.

This whole thing will be shaped, spin and blabbed about. The winner of the debate will depend on what news program you listen to tomorrow.

Anyone else find it funny listening to Clinton talk about cyber security? :-"
I actually cant believe Donald isn't just destroying her on that. I mean, wouldn't that be the course to take? A question like, "Oh, are YOU the subject matter expert here?"

“Russia, if you're listening, I hope you’ll be able to find the 30,000 emails that are missing,” he said, referring to deleted emails from the private account Hillary Clinton used as secretary of State. “I think you’ll probably be rewarded mightily by our press.”- July 28

And I took it as a joke. I know he said it, but he was having a funny.

Trump is showing he is not an experienced politician, which is what many people like about him.

He's gasping though- and Hillary's smug smirk is beginning to get to me.

Trump is showing he is not an experienced politician, which is what many people like about him.

He's gasping though- and Hillary's smug smirk is beginning to get to me.

It seems to get to Trump.

I would read that as a joke. I think the media spun it against him. I've heard quite a few comments made in obvious jest, sometimes with a smile or laugh and the press still reports it like he was serious.

Donald Trump said Thursday that he was being sarcastic when he appeared to suggest that Russia should use espionage to find Hillary Clinton's deleted emails.

Donald Trump claims sarcasm, but damage on hack comments lingers - CNNPolitics.com

It upsets me when Trump says things like "your president" we are Americans motherfucker he is our president.

I am really disappointed. It is like watching a Subject Matter Expert debate someone who has read the Reader's Digest version of becoming president.

I am really disappointed. It is like watching a Subject Matter Expert debate someone who has read the Reader's Digest version of becoming president.

Which one do you see as the subject matter expert?

Personally, I think that Trump's problem in this debate is that he's taking mental leaps that most people won't follow. He's definitely smart, but he has to realize that when you are engaging in public speech and debate you have to lower the language to the lowest denominator and fully explain the concept. Taking the mental leaps that he is taking isn't helping his case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back