Quitting smoking, need some encouragment!

:-), well of course they are! Moving along...JB, you may find that as you stop your long gun shooting may improve vis a vis breathing.

I'm a smoker as well...trying to find the strength to make the decision to quit. Unfortunately I enjoy it too much at the moment.

On a positive note. My grandmother quit cold turkey after 65 years of smoking a pack a day. Her doctor told her she was having some health issues that pertained to her smoking and she quit. One of the most impressive things that I have ever seen to this day.

:-), well of course they are! Moving along...JB, you may find that as you stop your long gun shooting may improve vis a vis breathing.

well as much as I wish I could find that out now, the only close outdoor rifle range got bought for private use by I can only surmise to be a greedy, arrogant fucker, so I'm gonna be limited to either pistol indoor here in the city or some "shooting spots" outside town, barring the county law doesn't get us....and I live in Lubbock TX not hooterville bumfuck U.S. before any of the jokes start so.....:p

well as much as I wish I could find that out now, the only close outdoor rifle range got bought for private use by I can only surmise to be a greedy, arrogant fucker, so I'm gonna be limited to either pistol indoor here in the city or some "shooting spots" outside town, barring the county law doesn't get us....and I live in Lubbock TX not hooterville bumfuck U.S. before any of the jokes start so.....:p
Time to make friends with the greedy arrogant fucker.
And ok, whatever you say re:Lubbock. (Vegas is too damn small for my taste.)

Oh the shooting ranges are great here. I just mean it's kind of a small town feel. I'm used to massive cities.

Hey all! So five days in and so far so good! despite the known link, didn't really have too many cravings last night when drinking, and cravings in general have gone down. Temper can still flare up at times but that's to be expected for the next few weeks going through the withdrawl. Gonna be back into the gym starting tomorrow, sure I'll be sucking wind at first with my lungs getting adjusted to clean air and not being clogged with crap, we shall see! Thanks again to all on here for the support!

The only down side is you will turn into an anti-smoking Nazi and be able to sniff a gasper at 50 paces and yell, "WHO THU FUCK IS SMOKING."

I so can smell it across a parking lot. It's actually disgusting.

JohnnyBoy keep at it. I quit cold turkey 4+ years ago. Well, you know...because I was in the hospital. Because I had a freaking HEART ATTACK. So just keep focused and know your health is way better than a smoke.

Hey all! So five days in and so far so good! despite the known link, didn't really have too many cravings last night when drinking, and cravings in general have gone down. Temper can still flare up at times but that's to be expected for the next few weeks going through the withdrawl. Gonna be back into the gym starting tomorrow, sure I'll be sucking wind at first with my lungs getting adjusted to clean air and not being clogged with crap, we shall see! Thanks again to all on here for the support!

Good for you. The nicotine leaves your body after 72 hours...so this is all mental from here on out. JUST DO IT! (the quitting part not the smoking part. :D )

Smokin'...:-)

good mate, keep at it & you'll find your lungs are a bit bigger than you thought

Back