Raid on President Trump's Home

Is it different when it comes to the details with the Trump docs?

Yes.

Is it still leakage that should be treated seriously?

Also yes.

This feels very much like a "we caught ourselves and are going to use it to make the Trump team's actions/statements even worse in comparison."

It's the whole reason Garland is making a big show of turning it over to a Trump appointed judge. Very dog and pony.

Biden actually has SCI too which is dope.

I heard speculation this morning that it was stuff he took and hid related to Ukraine, Iran, and other stuff he didn't want Trump finding when he took office.

Imagine if this (the Ukraine docs idea) was actually true, and then Biden gets impeached, Harris resigns in disgrace, and "15th times the charm" McCarthy becomes POTUS.

I don't like seeing the country torn apart, but the chaos goblin section of my brain loves the idea of that scenario.

Imagine if this (the Ukraine docs idea) was actually true, and then Biden gets impeached, Harris resigns in disgrace, and "15th times the charm" McCarthy becomes POTUS.

I don't like seeing the country torn apart, but the chaos goblin section of my brain loves the idea of that scenario.
You’re not wrong about the chaos part.

Is it different when it comes to the details with the Trump docs?

Yes.

Is it still leakage that should be treated seriously?

Also yes.

This feels very much like a "we caught ourselves and are going to use it to make the Trump team's actions/statements even worse in comparison."

It's the whole reason Garland is making a big show of turning it over to a Trump appointed judge. Very dog and pony.

Unlikely as Biden would have to be removed from office and Harris resign at the same time. Dems are not voting to impeach. and Harris won't resign.

Unlikely as Biden would have to be removed from office and Harris resign at the same time. Dems are not voting to impeach. and Harris won't resign.
I predict President Biden will be impeached in the House and acquitted in the Senate. But short of him dying in office (which is not something I want to happen), he will complete his term.

What are the major differences, except for the fact that one was selectively-prosecuted, and the other wasn't?
Amount of docs, willingness to work with the agencies, actually turning stuff in, etc.
It's different enough to not be the exact same thing like "insert news source" might be doing.

To that same point, it's definitely not a nothing burger like "other news source" is claiming.

I'd be in big trouble if I walked out of a SCIF with documents, and it should be a non-partisan issue that people with the highest clearances just keep doing it with stuff in closets.

I want our leaders to get the same scrutiny an E3 would if this happened to them.

I know. But chaos goblin wants chaos.

Peter Doocy always has solid game when it comes to calling out the hypocrisy and ineptness of the current administration:
I love that Biden was “surprised to learn” that classified documents were there.

So that means he didn’t know they were there and just didn’t think it was an issue. He forgot he placed them there. So actually misplacing secrets. I wonder how often secrets get misplaced.

I heard speculation this morning that it was stuff he took and hid related to Ukraine, Iran, and other stuff he didn't want Trump finding when he took office.

Seems a little far-fetched since much if not most intel exists in more forms/locations than just in the VP's hands, but hey what do I know. Could be true.
Seems pretty far fetched, anything he is given to review is not the original document...

The chaos inspired hypocrisy is so vast I don't even know what or who to pull for right now.

The older I get, and the "worse" our world becomes, the more I identify with the Joker. "It's all part of the plan." "The thing about chaos"...its fair."

We have multiple presidencies or cabinet officials breaking the law and not one, NOT ONE, will face any scrutiny outside of the media or a neutered Congress.

We deserve better but supporting one of "the above" undermines our ability to right the ship. Fuck everyone involved in this, including us, this board, and our families. We are part of the problem.

The vice president can’t declassify the way the president can.

The difference between Trump and Biden on this issue is that Biden’s docs were discovered 2 November and the news quashed till now, while a raid on Trump was conducted before midterms for memorabilia and not secrets.

Pretending like these are an apples to apples comparison is not accurate.

Can’t wait to see what’s in the Biden docs. Maybe it’s not SCI and the VP illegally removed lots of classified docs storing them at his house and also at a CCP funded think tank.

Oh well nice distraction moving on.

Amount of docs, willingness to work with the agencies, actually turning stuff in, etc.
It's different enough to not be the exact same thing like "insert news source" might be doing.

To that same point, it's definitely not a nothing burger like "other news source" is claiming.
To the first part, I did not believe for a second that the ones initially reported were all of the docs mishandled/potentially compromised by VP/President Biden. And we didn't even have to wait for very long for that to be proven true.

It's really easy to work with agencies when they are in your pocket politically.

"Actually turning stuff in..." how long did Pres Biden have his docs vs. Pres Trump?

The important differences are it is plausible that Pres Trump was legally in possession of the documents seized from his residence, given the fact that he had declass authority and claimed that they were declassed. Then VP Biden had no such authority. The Trump materials were under lock and key in an area frequently protected by the Secret Service. The Biden docs were casually tossed in a closet at a university.

The other major difference is the law enforcement involvement. Law enforcement came after Trump over his docs in a way that it will never come after Biden, or Clinton, or anyone else.

The timeline is also highly suspect. The Biden docs were discovered on 02NOV and the public not informed until January. What happened in between? Oh yeah, mid-term elections.

Pres Trump's home was raided in AUG... plenty of time to influence the mid-terms.

Again, the major difference is the selective prosecution.

I listen to the five minute “Apple news” blurb every morning.

In yesterday’s edition, she spent part of her time explaining why Biden’s document scandal was not the same as Trump’s document scandal.

Back