Really struggling with what to think of the NSA/phone story

Fugitive US whistleblower Edward Snowden is still in the transit area at Moscow airport, Russia's President Vladimir Putin has confirmed.

Mr Putin said the intelligence leaker remained a free man, and the sooner he chose a destination the better.

I fucking hate Putin too. Hypocritical piece of shit, but that goes without saying. If Snowden had leaked something about the Russian government, he'd already be a dead man.

I fucking hate Putin too. Hypocritical piece of shit, but that goes without saying. If Snowden had leaked something about the Russian government, he'd already be a dead man.

I read (Drudge?) where he gave another interview and told them he took his last job with the intention of stealing/selling as much as he could.

I think the NSA data was a lucky find for him, and he used that to fool a lot of people (me included).

I read (Drudge?) where he gave another interview and told them he took his last job with the intention of stealing/selling as much as he could.

I think the NSA data was a lucky find for him, and he used that to fool a lot of people (me included).

Lucky find for him? I'm guessing you don't work in the IC

Lucky find for him? I'm guessing you don't work in the IC

By lucky, I meant the domestic stuff.

He knew which countries he wanted to sell too (I thnk he was on a payroll going into his last job).

We need to rethink who we give access too. Manning and now this guy. Thumb drives have done a number on us.

Maybe we need a better screening program.

By lucky, I meant the domestic stuff.

He knew which countries he wanted to sell too (I thnk he was on a payroll going into his last job).

We need to rethink who we give access too. Manning and now this guy. Thumb drives have done a number on us.

Maybe we need a better screening program.

I'm sure he knew exactly where he was going.

Thumb drives haven't been an issue much since Buckshot Yankee

Needs to be....I gotta take one, everyone else needs to also =)

But even in the military, you hold a TS/SCI...and actually read in, your gonna start taking a CI poly.

Not required....but was starting to gain ground...well, maybe not after budgets have been cut. INSCOM was going that route, some CID on task forces are having to go that route.

I've been in the Army 18+ years and only had to take a poly for one assignment during all that time. Pain in the ass, it was.

So the little fucker just applied for asylum in Russia. Oh boy, I wouldn't be surprised if they granted it to him for all the times we've granted asylum to Putin's enemies... Plus, in the words of Putin earlier today, Russia has never extradited anyone and doesn't plan to do so.

Of course Putin earlier publicly announced that Snowden can stay on condition that he 'stops all leaks'. I think what that means is, 'Stop leaking this shit to the public... we've got some of our own people who would be much more interested in appropriating whatever information you stole'.

It wouldn't surprised me if Putin eventually hands him over. Why would Putin put in the stop leaking criteria if he didn't want an out? You know Snowden can't keep his mouth shut because he wants to be the story. Putin will eventually get the data that Snowden stole and when Snowden leaks more information. Boom deals off your going back and Putin negotiates a backroom deal with Obama in exchange for Snowden. Putin will win twice.

It wouldn't surprised me if Putin eventually hands him over. Why would Putin put in the stop leaking criteria if he didn't want an out? You know Snowden can't keep his mouth shut because he wants to be the story. Putin will eventually get the data that Snowden stole and when Snowden leaks more information. Boom deals off your going back and Putin negotiates a backroom deal with Obama in exchange for Snowden. Putin will win twice.

Yep. That sounds exactly like something Putin would do... and something Obama would entertain.

I can imagine the meeting now.

YouSonofaBitch.gif

Putin won't make a deal with Obama. He doesn't respect Obama, and he doesn't want to do anything that might prevent another rat from coming to him.

Hey now, don't ruin the Hollywood movie fantasy... we need another good political thriller.

Back