:SPOILERS: House of the Dragon

Ep. 2 in the bag and...sigh.

I'm looking for a likable, meaningful character in the series, but maybe next week. I like Daemon most of all because that asshole is the only one with a spine. The king is kind of a bitch and the small council has the energy and personality of a bowl of warm jello. As always though, let's discuss Princess Carp Mouth.

I understand they have to move the story along, but how did she go from afraid of her own shadow to master negotiator, forestalling a civil war? Did anyone catch her pimp strut after dismounting the dragon? She balled up among the soldiers like she knew she was the shit. 6 months ago the act of awarding her favor to a knight almost saw her pass out. No character build up, just assume she received some schooling or something in the last 6 months because reasons. This kid is not Daenerys no matter how hard you want her to be, she isn't the new Dany.

The best part though is the aftershow. I hate to be "that guy," but they are ensuring "THE MESSAGE" gets through. The patriarchy this, patriarchy that in being vomited forth by the cast and crew. I do look forward to more pimp walks in the future because how else are you going to deliver THE MESSAGE?

They kept the theme and intro, that was done right at least.

2.5 out of 5 Invisalign mouth guards.

ETA: That isn't a stare, those are the dead eyes of inbreeding.

I'm probably in the minority but I watched Ep 1 last night and honestly struggled to find anything captivating. Maybe I've just moved on from the GOT series but I'm not certain I'll make it to Ep 2. Certainly no rush. I didn't find the story, characters, or anything particularly compelling. Even the CGI dragons seemed 2nd rate. The whole thing just seems tired and played out now. Hmm...we'll see of I tune back in.

I'm probably in the minority but I watched Ep 1 last night and honestly struggled to find anything captivating. Maybe I've just moved on from the GOT series but I'm not certain I'll make it to Ep 2. Certainly no rush. I didn't find the story, characters, or anything particularly compelling. Even the CGI dragons seemed 2nd rate. The whole thing just seems tired and played out now. Hmm...we'll see of I tune back in.

New showrunners and all, but something I failed to mention in my last post: where are the crab people and their lands coming from? If they were in the books they played such a "who cares" role that I've forgotten the nation.

To be brutally honest, this looks like a "land grab" to capitalize on Daenerys' popularity while tying in a canon family and some canon elements. It APPEARS that GRRM and Ryan Conden or whoever created this story out of thin air. If that's the case, it shows. If that isn't the case then the source material is lacking.

For my money, Matt Smith (Daemon) is the only compelling character and no one should should root for the obvious villain. That's shit writing.

I liked Episode 2 but it made me mad. I've never been a King, but I think if I was I wouldn't do dumb things....The King at the end choosing to marry who he does is dumb. If this dumb move is what it takes for there to be ALOT MORE murderdeathkill187 in the Realm then I'm cool with it. I feel though it is just a lame story playing out.

I'm rewatching GOT from the beginning. I forgot alot of the pieces in the first season so I thought I'd kill time between HOTD episodes. GOT went from zero to murder right away. This current show seems to be taking its sweet time and as mentioned lacking any other excitement.

Hopeful Plot for Episode 3 in HOTD....Daemon gets on his dragon and kills ALMOST everyone cause his brother is dumb. He then marries his Niece and they have more babies that @AWP can make fun of. Once thats all settled they launch to crabby island and cook that whole beach. The sea snake gets his wish and everyone wins and eats crabs....The end.

:ninja::ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
I liked Episode 2 but it made me mad. I've never been a King, but I think if I was I wouldn't do dumb things....The King at the end choosing to marry who he does is dumb. If this dumb move is what it takes for there to be ALOT MORE murderdeathkill187 in the Realm then I'm cool with it. I feel though it is just a lame story playing out.

I'm rewatching GOT from the beginning. I forgot alot of the pieces in the first season so I thought I'd kill time between HOTD episodes. GOT went from zero to murder right away. This current show seems to be taking its sweet time and as mentioned lacking any other excitement.

Hopeful Plot for Episode 3 in HOTD....Daemon gets on his dragon and kills ALMOST everyone cause his brother is dumb. He then marries his Niece and they have more babies that @AWP can make fun of. Once thats all settled they launch to crabby island and cook that whole beach. The sea snake gets his wish and everyone wins and eats crabs....The end.

:ninja::ROFLMAO:

These are the honest hot takes we need! Listen up HBO.

It’s based on a book GRRM slapped together in 2018 when his fat ass should’ve been finishing the last book in the Fire & Ice series…and from what I’ve heard the writing is very dry.

I agree with much of the criticism above. The story seems forced, counterfeit GOT. I’ll continue to watch it until I see the first Starbucks cup because I don’t have anything better to do.

And because I like Daemon’s whore.

New showrunners and all, but something I failed to mention in my last post: where are the crab people and their lands coming from? If they were in the books they played such a "who cares" role that I've forgotten the nation.

To be brutally honest, this looks like a "land grab" to capitalize on Daenerys' popularity while tying in a canon family and some canon elements. It APPEARS that GRRM and Ryan Conden or whoever created this story out of thin air. If that's the case, it shows. If that isn't the case then the source material is lacking.

For my money, Matt Smith (Daemon) is the only compelling character and no one should should root for the obvious villain. That's shit writing.

I was curious about the crab feeder too...looks to more about the free cities than anything else...

"In the books, Craghas Drahar, a prince admiral of Myr, earned the title of “Crabfeeder” after feeding thousands of pirates to deadly crabs. Craghas takes charge as the prince admiral of the Free Cities – Lys, Myr, and Tyrosh – that are collectively called the “Triarchy.”

Craghas, along with his army, aims to protect the Triarchy from constant attacks from pirates and outlaws. Almost every lord in Westeros is happy that the Crabfeeder is getting rid of the frustrating pirates. However, Craghas seizes control of the Stepstones passage — the passage that is crucial for Corlys Velaryon’s business. Corlys’ lost many men and ships as they were passing through the Stepstones and Craghas served them to the crabs.

Corlys wishes to seize control of the Stepstones with force, but Viserys knows that the Free Cities are funding the Crabfeeder. Of course, the idea of the Triarchy becoming more powerful and marching against the Seven Kingdoms is fearsome, but as stated by Viserys, Westeros isn’t yet ready to go to war against the Free Cities."

House Of The Dragon: Who Is The Crabfeeder?

Finally, some total badassery, i.e. Daemon’s one-man beserker to draw the Krabby Patties out of their hole. And a nice touch, dragging the dude’s severed torso out of the cave.

I also enjoyed little what’s her face going apeshit stabbing the pig. About time blood has flowed outside the intro.

Finally, some total badassery, i.e. Daemon’s one-man beserker to draw the Krabby Patties out of their hole. And a nice touch, dragging the dude’s severed torso out of the cave.

I also enjoyed little what’s her face going apeshit stabbing the pig. About time blood has flowed outside the intro.

The imagery in what's her face and Daemon, covered in blood; was excellent foreshadowing for those that don't know the storyline it's based on. Gotta make sure we add incest to show. lol

It’s based on a book GRRM slapped together in 2018 when his fat ass should’ve been finishing the last book in the Fire & Ice series…and from what I’ve heard the writing is very dry.

It's even earlier than 2018. He had written short stories in 2013 and 2017 that the show is covering, plus about another 100k words devoted to "Targaryen history".

The dude is never going to finish ASOIAF. He's said many times he prefers writing short stories, novellas, and historical accounts based in Westeros more than he does the main series.

I think he's also even less likely to finish do to how upset people were at the GOT ending. While I'm sure the books will be different, he did give the showrunners notes on who was going to wind up on the throne and (some) of the main character points that they implemented. I think he doesn't want to finish it and have some of the same criticism directed at him for those choices.

15ecc3464d9034841dec84e0a8404c29.jpg

They finally did it! They finally gave us the episode we wanted from Day One. Daemon, you did it, son! Having that other family dude fly the dragon. Ms. No Jaw or Eyeholes fucking up the boar, seeing the king for the weakling he is, DRAGON CAS!!!!!!!!!! Solid fight scenes, the right level of gore, and political intrigue...we got it, folks!

With that said, I'm so over the "daughter wants to set her own path" trope. I think every period show has one these days and it's just....STOP. That's not how the world worked back then, that's not how it works in certain places on this rock now, it just doesn't happen AND work out well for all parties involved. Fucking STOP with the "empowered woman stands up to the patriarchy and makes her own destiny" theme. And 17 without at least one kid? 17 without an arranged marriage?

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

More dragons, less of that shit above. I'll give it 4 ceremonial spears.

Once again, Week 4 for those of you losing the will to live, we're reminded that Princess Rubella doesn't want to marry. I have two problems with the opening scene: it exists and the best part of the episode wasn't shown. That little kid sliced and diced his way to satisfactions and we saw almost none of the action. Boo!

I never figured Daemon for being a tease, but man...did he leave Princess Romaine high and not dry, know what I mean? What a fucked up kid, that princess. From getting ready to slob that uncle dragon knob to fucking the hired help, she was a busy little bee this episode. Speaking of busy, watching this sore-covered old dude thrust his way through Alicent and her...face, was priceless.

Let's be clear, I'd rather watch a donkey show than watch Princess Rainwater get laid. Her O face must look like a retarded kid's when you hand him a biscuit.

The dagger though, probably the best bit in the episode.

Ol' Otto done played himself, but that was some strong work by Princess Row Row Row Your Boat to have him fired.

The second best bit in the episode was the Plan B Tea. Westeros ain't got no Roe V. Wade there!

1 out of 5 cups of tea. What an...abortion of an episode.

Once again, Week 4 for those of you losing the will to live, we're reminded that Princess Rubella doesn't want to marry. I have two problems with the opening scene: it exists and the best part of the episode wasn't shown. That little kid sliced and diced his way to satisfactions and we saw almost none of the action. Boo!

I never figured Daemon for being a tease, but man...did he leave Princess Romaine high and not dry, know what I mean? What a fucked up kid, that princess. From getting ready to slob that uncle dragon knob to fucking the hired help, she was a busy little bee this episode. Speaking of busy, watching this sore-covered old dude thrust his way through Alicent and her...face, was priceless.

Let's be clear, I'd rather watch a donkey show than watch Princess Rainwater get laid. Her O face must look like a retarded kid's when you hand him a biscuit.

The dagger though, probably the best bit in the episode.

Ol' Otto done played himself, but that was some strong work by Princess Row Row Row Your Boat to have him fired.

The second best bit in the episode was the Plan B Tea. Westeros ain't got no Roe V. Wade there!

1 out of 5 cups of tea. What an...abortion of an episode.
I can safely say @AWP's episode reviews continue to reconfirm my decision to sit this one out.

Finally got to watch this last episode and I fast fowarded thru parts of it.....that's how bad it was. I did like the King firing the Hand....that turd needed to go for sure. Also agree the beginning fight with the kid from the first men could have been a great chance to see blood...but instead we get 30 minutes of lame story.

To sum this up I am currently watching GOT for probably some episodes the 40th time and I've never skipped thru any parts....even the darkest hours of GOT [aka the last seasons] had better writing.

I guess we just want HOTD to be half the show GOT is...maybe season 2... :ROFLMAO:

Back