Super Sweet Movie Discussion Thread

Whoa why are we disrespecting John fucking WAYNE in here?
Its a dying genre but as a fan of western movies old and new ( manifest destiny and western expansion fascinates me ), other than a few, I can't sit through most John Wayne movies. He may have been cool but really wasn't that good of an actor, IMO. Clint Eastwood is the GOAT.

Last edited:
It was the first Western I could watch, and when I did, I started watching the old ones. To me Unforgiven is a standard. I doubt I would have watched any of it wasn't for that movie.

I never really watched the old westerns until fairly recently, because new movies generally suck. I appreciate them more now.

I'm a super fan of the man with no name trilogy, especially the Good, Bad, and the Ugly. But yes, also, Unforgiven is legend.

Also, a big fan of Tombstone.

I never really watched the old westerns until fairly recently, because new movies generally suck. I appreciate them more now.

I'm a super fan of the man with no name trilogy, especially the Good, Bad, and the Ugly. But yes, also, Unforgiven is legend.

Also, a big fan of Tombstone.

I started appreciating Westerns retroactively after I watched Unforgiven. Tombstone is a great movie, I've read quite a bit about it, it is extremely factually accurate. I even liked Young Guns. Then I started going back watching the older westerns, and I do dig the Clint Eastwood flicks more than the John Wayne westerns.

Clint Eastwood westerns > John Wayne westerns

Not a single Eastwood western approaches The Searchers.

Extraction 2: No build up, straight into the mission. "Hey your ex wife needs you to rescue your nieces and nephews from a Georgian prison"... extraction.

Also the dipshit son who somehow wants his dad who beats his mother is a bit annoying, but hey who doesn't love a fork in the road.

Last edited:
Back