Super Sweet Movie Discussion Thread

Just seen Extraction 2.

The action sequences are sick. Not John Wick level but they hold their own. It has copious amounts of plot armor and plot holes but this is a brains-off just enjoy action movie. It knows that and does a very good job being entertaining. This movie has some of the best editing and camera work I've seen. I'd argue its at least as good as the 1st one if not better.
The plot is paper thin. But let's be honest, it's not why you watch this.
I was OK with the setting. Yes I had a rollseye moment cause HW apparently loves Georgian to be villains and very cartoony over the top ones, like in Golden Eye and Red Heat. But in this one they felt more believable and that's because they hired actual Georgian actors and overall the acting was very solid. However, the subs were weird. Partialy completely off or missing. Really you show that much excessive violence and gore, but censor and don't properly translate what ppl say ? The dialogue doesn't really add that much, but it has more weight when you understand both langs.
All in all another good action flick that I do recommend.

Last edited:
Saw Gran Turismo tonight. It was actually pretty decent.

The first 30 minutes was a bit corny with graphics, etc, but after the story progresses to the Academy, it's pretty good. It won't win any awards, but it is a feel good story.

If you know auto racing and some of the famous tracks, you'll need to sit back, ignore what you know, and just enjoy the film - like you would for many film. Just let it entertain you. It has some really good track videography, which makes it worth checking out in the theater.

I watched The Continental and loved it. I feel they made a great frame work for Winston's character. :thumbsup:8-)

It was a solid story about the constant issues THE IMF runs into on a daily basis. Can't wait for part two to come out.

:ninja:;-)

Last edited:
Just saw The Creator. I enjoyed it. Definitely some thought provoking ideas about the future.

Last edited:
Reptile on Netflix. Pretty formulaic thriller/ who-done-it/ grizzled cop hunts the killer. Solid casting, solid acting, no awards coming, but no one phoned it in either. Benicio del Toro, Justin Timberlake, Alicia Silverstone and others you'll recognize here and there.

Kind of a little slow at times, but that doesn't last long. It does a good job building tension for the conclusion. The ending was good, but I thought it could have "man-splained" the plot a little better and closed a few "what abouts" we had. A little better background on Silverstone's character would have great for example.

Solid popcorn theater clocking in around 2 hours and you actually can use your brain to figure out the twist(s).

3.5 out of 5 Alicia Silverstone's ass in those jeans.

Netflix, Pope's Excorist

Holy fuck, not my type of movie but I watched it. Russell Crowe played Father Gabriel Amorth, the Vatican chief exorcist, a real priest.

Maria and I were married in the catholic church, she's devout, I'm not catholic and I have my opinions on the Vatican/church but that said, great movie.

Back